blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:36:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  "Germanwings" A320 crashes in France
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Germanwings" A320 crashes in France  (Read 20903 times)
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2015, 03:55:40 AM »

I have no right to cull the general discussion, I just meant move on from the fact that those 150 people had 7 minutes of terror inflcited on them. we get it. Hmm maybe I just caught myself being an SJW so for that I should probably apologise.

Now, if you'd like to discuss the reasons why the media try to cover it up (prevention of societal mass histeria, protection of the commercial aviation industry  etc) that would be interesting. One of the most interesting conspiracies I've read is that of Airbus using this copilot as a scapegoat for the synonymous unreliability of the A320. But having heard the aleged bb recordings I'm more than a little sceptical of that

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2015, 04:16:57 AM »

I have no right to cull the general discussion, I just meant move on from the fact that those 150 people had 7 minutes of terror inflcited on them. we get it. Hmm maybe I just caught myself being an SJW so for that I should probably apologise.

Now, if you'd like to discuss the reasons why the media try to cover it up (prevention of societal mass histeria, protection of the commercial aviation industry  etc) that would be interesting. One of the most interesting conspiracies I've read is that of Airbus using this copilot as a scapegoat for the synonymous unreliability of the A320. But having heard the aleged bb recordings I'm more than a little sceptical of that

I haven't said they had seven minutes of terror inflicted on them, I am saying I do not believe all this about they knew at the very last moment, it seems quite evident that they knew a few minutes before it crashed. I am more worried why it's still being told like this by the media!

It's worrying all these incidents with planes, how long until a plane doesn't just kill the people on board, but instead is falling upon a city on a world and is about to cause mass devastation, either due to pilot or technical error?

I watched the Channel 4 programme that was on at 9pm earlier & what garbish that was, just making a programme out of pure paper talk. Suggestions of personality test every month too.... give me a break...
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2015, 04:38:54 AM »

It's a tragedy, but I'm not sure that you aren't going a bit OTT with a statement like 'all these incidents'

I've always been under the impression that it's statistically the safest way to travel, and can't see how anything has changed.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2015, 06:56:26 AM »

I haven't said they had seven minutes of terror inflicted on them, I am saying I do not believe all this about they knew at the very last moment, it seems quite evident that they knew a few minutes before it crashed. I am more worried why it's still being told like this by the media!

It's worrying all these incidents with planes, how long until a plane doesn't just kill the people on board, but instead is falling upon a city on a world and is about to cause mass devastation, either due to pilot or technical error?

I watched the Channel 4 programme that was on at 9pm earlier & what garbish that was, just making a programme out of pure paper talk. Suggestions of personality test every month too.... give me a break...

It´s been the safest year in the history of air travel. Only 12 planes have come down, there has never been less and the pattern is clear, it gets safer every year.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2015, 08:41:51 AM »

@Aaron.

Just to clear this up.

The passengers WERE aware that there was a problem, this has been established beyond doubt. Those near the front could see the Pilot hammering at the door & shouting at the co-pilot, so those at the front knew 100% for sure. It was also established that the CVR recorded the sounds of the passengers screaming. It's likely the px became aware in the final 2 or 3 minutes of the flight.

It will cost you some time, but if the whole tragedy interests you, its well worth investing some time reading the thread on PPRuNe. Unforch, it runs to nearly 3,000 Posts, but once you sort the wheat from the chaff, & if you can read between the lines, you can form a good mental image of everything that happened. It is here...

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/558654-airbus-a320-crashed-southern-france.html

That Forum is intended for use by Professional Airline Pilots & the like, so good info, though its clear many respondents are rubber neckers & not associated weith the Industry. The Media get 95% of their Airline & Aircraft stories directly from that Forum.

Maybe, if short of time, just read the last 20 or 30 pages.

I really do strongly recommend you take a look, all your questions are addressed fully there.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2015, 01:14:38 PM »

One of the most interesting conspiracies I've read is that of Airbus using this copilot as a scapegoat for the synonymous unreliability of the A320. But having heard the aleged bb recordings I'm more than a little sceptical of that

Sorry what?

The A320 is very reliable, if it wasn't it wouldn't be so popular.

If I'm sat in row 16 with my headphones on and my kindle out I wouldn't know anything was wrong until very near the end, the idea that i would know for minutes is very unlikely.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2015, 01:26:50 PM »

How on earth do you say that seriously. Have you literally never experienced g-force before? I'll tell you, if you do a near 45deg decent you are going to know about it. Do you sit there on take off and literally not even notice it?

In aviation, a very reliable plane and an utterly reliable plane are two very different machines. Note I'm not saying it's unreliable, as other noted sitting on a plane is quite literally one of the safest places you could ever sit. Just that in comparison to others with similar flight hours its fallen out of the sky more.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 01:34:11 PM by Pinchop73 » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2015, 01:53:27 PM »

How on earth do you say that seriously. Have you literally never experienced g-force before? I'll tell you, if you do a near 45deg decent you are going to know about it. Do you sit there on take off and literally not even notice it?

In aviation, a very reliable plane and an utterly reliable plane are two very different machines. Note I'm not saying it's unreliable, as other noted sitting on a plane is quite literally one of the safest places you could ever sit. Just that in comparison to others with similar flight hours its fallen out of the sky more.

I would guess Flushy has some idea - he is a qualified Commercial Airline Pilot.

Safery Rates of two comparable aircraft - A320 & Boeing 737 - not much in it, arguably the A320 is slightly safer.

http://www.airsafe.com/events/models/rate_mod.htm

Both are incredibly safe, the safest high volume aircraft ever built according to most stats.

There have been 8,300 Boeing 737 variants built, & 6,400 Airbus 320 variants, one takes off, it is said, somewhere in the world, every 2 seconds.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 01:56:34 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2015, 02:17:41 PM »

:p

Will have to have a word with my American sources, there might be a little bias mixed in with the crossed wires :p

Still don't understand James' argument though, does he work in media now? jk jk

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2015, 02:19:25 PM »

I flew on a a320 two days after this crash. They are not very big inside. I was sat in row 28 (very back row) in the middle seat. You can clearly see cockpit door. It's really not that difficult. Was on the flight with Ryan, and we discussed how clear and easy it was to see.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2015, 02:42:03 PM »

I flew on a a320 two days after this crash. They are not very big inside. I was sat in row 28 (very back row) in the middle seat. You can clearly see cockpit door. It's really not that difficult. Was on the flight with Ryan, and we discussed how clear and easy it was to see.

Were the curtains drawn?

Ah! The element of surprise
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2015, 04:05:39 PM »

Were the curtains drawn?

No.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2015, 04:47:20 PM »

It is 99% certain that pilot suicide was the cause of the Malaysian Airlines MH370 disaster, the one that has never (yet) been found, more than a year on. It disappeared, never to be seen again, on March 7th 2014. Everything points to pilot suicide.
[/quote]

That theory suggests it would have been the actualy pilot.

The pilot had no history of mental health issues, iirc there was nothing unusual in his life that would result in such an action. Think he also did a lot of charity work and was held in high regard by all who knew him.

Really had to see what would have made the pilot do this, given everything seemed quite ordinary with him.

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2015, 04:57:28 PM »

I don't think it makes much difference whether you are aware of the situation for 5 mins, 3 mins or 30 seconds.  As soon as you see the pilot trying to smash the door down I'd imagine that your brain does things that makes those last few moments seem like an absolute eternity.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2015, 06:05:19 PM »

It is 99% certain that pilot suicide was the cause of the Malaysian Airlines MH370 disaster, the one that has never (yet) been found, more than a year on. It disappeared, never to be seen again, on March 7th 2014. Everything points to pilot suicide.

That theory suggests it would have been the actualy pilot.

The pilot had no history of mental health issues, iirc there was nothing unusual in his life that would result in such an action. Think he also did a lot of charity work and was held in high regard by all who knew him.

Really had to see what would have made the pilot do this, given everything seemed quite ordinary with him.

[/quote]

MH370? No, that's incorrect. Everything seemed normal in his private life, until they delved deeper.

They discovered, amongst other things, that he had a Flight Simulator at home, & had "practised" making his aircraft disappear, & fly on until it ran out of fuel & crashed in the most remote spot he could find.

It's all detailed in the thread below, if you don't mind wading through 11,756 Posts.....

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost.html

Arguably, it may not have been suicide as such - more likely "mass murder". (But I don't want to get into the difference).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 06:07:18 PM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: