blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:52:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  If you don't know bout me
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you don't know bout me  (Read 61829 times)
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 04:59:43 PM »

Hey guys,

Long time no update, haven't really had a lot to shout about tbh. Since the death of HU I've been putting a ton more hours and work into 6max plo and mixed games. Been grinding huge at zoom and been having some coaching from a very good player and one of the best coaching programmes I've seen. EVBB/100 winrate is pretty solid for zoom and I think I've progressed a lot as a player. Not completely sure I'm a big enough winner to make this my main game, and the normal non stars PLO games are a different world. Hardly anyone is balanced at all and every pot is at least 3 way. Unfortunately my mental game is pretty horrific at the minute. I've been getting super frustrated as of late, which is creeping into normal life, snapping at the gf (which I've never done) and just being generally agitated by simple things. I'm very aware of how swingy 6max plo can be, and know that I'm not entitled to win or that being a pro isn't easy. Just like I know flying is the safest, best way to travel, I'm terrified of it. Completely illogical but I'm getting tilted at the start of a session straight away losing a standard flip or 60/40. The swings have been huge in BB terms and have def been a by product of my mindset.

This is since around the time of the last update Sad

Click to see full-size image.

Been grinding lots of 8game/stud/triple draw as well, as I'm going to Vegas for the first time for the WSOP. Going to be playing the first 2 weeks which include the:

$1500 8 game
$1500 HORSE
$1500 dealers choice
$1500 2-7
and a couple of PLO events. Might supplement this with the Colossus and a couple of small NL tourneys or just play some mixed/plo cash depending on whats around. So going to be grinding tons more in the run up and do I full schedule for SCOOP low and middle buyins. Never played an online tourney series and doubt I'm +EV in NL anymore but will be fun and I like a good leaderboard chase to keep me motivated. Hopefully things turn around results wise and I can keep a good mindset. Just going to be aiming to make the best decision every hand and not look at results till end of the week.

GL at the tables everyone
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 12:56:44 AM »

Hey guys,

Been pretty nice since the last update. Online has picked up (actually won some $$$), there's been some crazy good games pretty much all month. Live was going great too till I dropped £3k at DTD on Friday night. I think I ran bad for maybe half of that and spewed off the rest, which I hardly ever do live, it's just so needless. I also dropped $9k on Friday on non HEM sites, might of been tilted but I wasn't aware of it. This put me back to even on untracked sites for the month. Def run bad in 4/5 bet pots then, although I haven't got the hands to review I think I played pretty well.

Also booked Vegas. Flying out June 3rd for 2 weeks. Going to be playing 5-8 tourneys and cash grind the rest of the time. Guys in the Vegas thread on here were super helpful and gave some really good advice. Decided to spend a bit more on accommodation and stay at the MGM suites. Having a nice place to be when your burnt out/want a break from poker is def worth the extra few hundred quid I think. Have some action to sell, although I haven't yet made 300 posts as per the live staking forum rules, If people don't mind I'll make a thread? Some posters know who I am in real life if that's a concern? Really excited for it, first time actually playing proper poker in Vegas despite going twice before. Got all my meals planned out and a nice gym routine sorted.

Also going to be playing (and selling action) for the WPT at DTD in a couple of weeks. Really like the schedule (PLO!) and excited to get some practice in for Vegas. Probably going to be blogging everyday in Vegas/WPT if people want to hear it?

Haven't played a SCOOP yet but been busy with house stuff all this weekend. Looking to buy but finding the right one is a nightmare (especially with the missus). Not got any plans now beside WPT till Vegas so grinding hard and putting the hours into theory stuff is going to be about it.

Gl guys!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 12:58:30 AM by POWWWWWWWW » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 12:54:26 AM »

Hey

Keep the updates coming and all the best for Vegas.

How are the cash games in Vegas during the wsop?

I would have thought the would have been tougher with regs coming from all over.

Also, all the best for the new house, exciting times:d

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 01:32:13 AM »

Thanks man!

No idea about the cash games in Vegas while WSOP is on. I've been once before when the WSOP was on and the cash games at the Wynn were incredible. I'd think if you do your research before hand and play all the games you can always find yourself in a good game.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 09:27:21 PM »

Hey

Keep the updates coming and all the best for Vegas.

How are the cash games in Vegas during the wsop?

I would have thought the would have been tougher with regs coming from all over.

Also, all the best for the new house, exciting times:d

Cash games are supposed to be amazing at 1/3.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 10:24:15 PM »

Have avg stack first break of the £300 6 max. Had 2 tough table draws early on but moved to a new one and seems a lot better.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 12:08:38 AM »

18 left, just lost 99<AJ aipf, down to 20bb
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 12:17:00 AM »

Out in 15th with 6 paid, 99<KK, absolutely raging
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 01:45:37 AM »

If you're raging after this in #1 of the package hate to see what happens in a few weeks!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 03:17:46 PM »

If you're raging after this in #1 of the package hate to see what happens in a few weeks!

I'll be a wreck.

Think my bust out hand was fairly interesting.

I have 38k at 2400/1200/400 in the sb. There's 15 left with 6 paid, I'm probably one of the shorter stacks and from the looks of it there are a bunch of stacks between 50-100k. Playing 5 handed UTG min opens, he's been fairly tight for a few hours but has been short for most of it. He doubled twice in the last 10 hands or so, playing around 60k. BB looks to be fairly solid, is defending his BB well and doesn't seem to be squeezy or get out of line pre.

Is 99 a shove here?  How many BB do we have to flat/3bet? What's our overall shoving range here?

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2016, 03:37:37 PM »

Pretty psyched to be jamming 99 here

We could go 9.8k/call I guess, we'd be getting 1.9 to 1 so too good a price to fold at any point imo, I haven't run the numbers though

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2016, 03:46:28 PM »

Would jam up to 25bb with 99 here I guess

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2016, 04:01:39 PM »

99 very very happy Jam. Assuming he's raising around 25%
And calling tighter than he should be.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2016, 04:06:14 PM »

Yeh I shoved without giving it much thought, assuming it was pretty standard. The fact I wasn't sure on how wide he'd be opening/calling off here kinda made me give it a second thought. Thanks for the responses guys. Plo starts at 5pm Smiley
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2016, 06:16:19 PM »

Just started the £300 6 max PLO. We're out in the pavilion, sun is shining, started HU for 10 hands, 3 handed for a few hands both guys drinking beers and then the 2 guys that sat down took a selfie together. Going to be a fun one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: