blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:50:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  If you don't know bout me
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you don't know bout me  (Read 61798 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2017, 07:27:15 PM »

Hows it going big guy?

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2017, 12:32:54 PM »

Hey man,

Going really well thanks. Just in the process of buying a house. It's right across the road for where we are renting, in the village we want to be so it's really ideal. Slightly smaller house space but much larger garden than the one we're in at the minute, but also has a garage and 2 more parking spaces. Very happy with it overall, however as this is the first time we've bought a house we're a bit pensive that everything goes through smoothly. Would be devastated if it fell through or something.
This does mean that i'm going to have to knock 10/20+ on the head poker wise. Obv I can't get a mortgage and with the missus being a nurse we've a fair way to add on as a deposit to get to the right amount. Not a disaster by any means, just means no Vegas this year and some really hard work to be able to get back into the higher stakes hopefully by the end of this year. Action still looks good everywhere so I'm quite positive.
Played only a couple of SCOOP events, no luck. Gunna be missing the 8 game ones on Saturday sorting house stuff out, which is a bit annoying but should be free to put in a full Sunday schedule both this week and next. With all 3 major sites putting on huge series at the same time it really is a great time for online poker.

The Millions event at DTD last month was really great. DTD did an amazing job putting it on, the events were all incredible, they all made the guarantees, place was buzzing. Hope it becomes a regular thing as it's so good for UK poker and nice to see DTD's hard work pay off.
I came into day 1 with around 350k, having sat'd in through a phase 1 online. Table draw was pretty bad, recognised a few maybe old school regs, and from the table chat seemed there were no legit fish. With the slow structure there was no need to panic and I had a rather dull few levels of folding. Then we pick up JThh UTG+1, UTG raises, think I have maybe 30bb, BTN calls, sb calls and BB squeezes. UTG calls and I not sure if this is a call or not. Think it was 8bb so a large portion of my stack. But has anyone ever folded JTs pre? Didn't think so, so we go 5 way to a flop with a PSR of 1< for me. Flop is obv Q98dd and it small bet, call, I call, btn calls, sb shoves for chunks covering everyone and we win vs his ATdd. So not only do we get the full double up we get a quad up with all the dead money. Up to 1.2m and loving life. Few orbits later and we get in 100bb pre with QQ vs the sb from previous hand AA. Never usually get so many in pre in a slow tourney but think we had a pretty nice dynamic for it. He raises co, btn who is the only fish at the table calls, sb calls I sqz BB, he 4bets, I 5bet small and call a shove. Turn Q and we're up to 2.7m. Nothing happened for a while until we cold 4bet in the BB vs co raise and btn 3bet with AKo. Btn thought for maybe 5 seconds and ripped in 2.5m, which was like double avg stack. No idea what to do here, couple of friends have said I gotta call but I don't know. Think the QQ hand affected my decision tbh. Felt silly getting in so much way behind. So we fold feeling confused and silly again. NL is hard man.
Lost a couple of medium ish pots then we pick up A9ss, UTG limps, +1 raises, we call and go 3 way to the flop. J6Jss c,bet,call,call. Turn 9, check check to me. Think this is a check but the fish being in the hand really messed up my thinking. I bet half pot and the fish jammed, was so annoyed I had bet. Had seen him do some funky stuff but I still think I should have folded. Called and bricked vs JTo, and that's all she wrote. I'd prob rate my play as 1/10 for the whole day, and it was the whole day, busting maybe 25 mins from the end of day 1. I'd have liked to play more events but I was so frustrated with myself for messing up that hand I decided against it and just played cash.
5/10 PLO ran every day which was ideal. The VIP room game was 25/50 with min 10k sit down so that wasn't for me, and they had a what looked like 5/10/20 etc game running most nights. Lineup looked good but everyone had 5-10k. Straight 4 card I'd be in but 4/5/6 I'd prefer to play slightly smaller. Ended a small loser for the week but was really pleased with my play. Would have liked to ran slightly better in bigger pots but the poker gods were punishing me for the QQ hand. Can't have everything.

Online has been the same really.

Click to see full-size image.

With non HEM tracked sites and rb this is the quickest I've hit $100k for the year by about 2 weeks. Very pleasing for 2017, EV wise not a massive amount over but def think I'm running well in other spots.

The less said about United last night the better. Awful performance, going to miss Baily so much in the Final. Haven't seen Ajax play at all, but from what I've heard this Ajax team is really quick and exciting going forward. Think the main department we can really dominate them in is just overall power and bullying. Pogba is massive and really hard to get the ball off, same with Fellaini, Herrera is a right knobhead all round and I think with the overall play and mentality of Prem teams, a team of young lads from the continent is going to find it incredibly difficult to deal with. Good luck whoever the ref is.

Will do an update post house purchase.

Good luck at the tables everyone!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2017, 01:19:42 PM »

Nice keep, Keep up the good work !

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2017, 01:10:51 AM »

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2017, 07:05:59 AM »

Blimey, that graph looks pretty neat.

Care to put some meat on the bones? What game, stakes, period, etc?

Very well done.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2017, 06:06:36 PM »

Blimey, that graph looks pretty neat.

Care to put some meat on the bones? What game, stakes, period, etc?

Very well done.

Thanks Tikay.

Think I've hit $1/hand (over 100k sample) once before. Obv running super hot. Think my true winrate is prob closer to 5BB/100 and that might be generous.

Mix of stakes between 1/2 and 5/10, looks to be a fair amount of HU and 3/4 handed and a very surprisingly low number of 6 handed hands.  Really enjoy table starting on multiple sites, not only is it the best way to guarantee playing a fish alone for at least a few hands, it just stimulates the games to run more often. Played quite a fair bit on non tracked sites as well but have put in fairly low volume compared to other years. Think this is mainly due to lots more studying, both PLO and the other games, and the death of Stars. Used to be so easy to fire up 1/2, 2/5 zoom and grind out 5k hands in a day if action was dry elsewhere. Games have been the best they've been for a few years this year away from Stars thankfully.  Poker looked pretty bleak a couple of years ago with all the segregation, everyone killing HU, lack of new sites etc.  If the segregated Euro sites come back soon and or America (partially or fully) then I can see myself doing this for quite a while to come.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2017, 06:36:30 PM »

Some tekkers are goooooooooooood.

Sick results. Congrats!

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2017, 06:41:08 PM »

Really enjoying tourneys through twitch as well. One of my oldest friends in poker has built up a great stream from the bottom up. His names Spraggy and if you haven't seen his channel I implore you to check it out. He's a very funny, witty guy, just perfect for streaming. He's also not too bad at poker and has had some great results recently.

Had to keep this quiet for a couple of months as well but absolutely over the moon for him. One of the nicest, funniest guys you'll ever meet and his streaming is great. I'm not really a fan of Stars in the slightest anymore but I think this is the happiest I've ever been for a friend. Thoroughly deserved.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2017, 12:51:07 AM »

How you getting on mate?

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2017, 08:49:50 PM »

Hey man,

Sorry for the late response. Haven't really been playing much online poker this last week or so. The missus is on holiday with her parents so I've been putting tons of hours in to Destiny 2 (xbox game). Volume was weak in August, as it always is due to slow games, so it's pretty naughty of me to take another week off to play Xbox but I'll just count it as a holiday week.
Results have been pretty decent since the last update, despite the drop off in games during August. A couple of PLO solvers have dropped recently so just in the process of putting together a new, very expensive, high spec computer to run sims. Prob a year or so behind the main guys who have been doing this, but have had reasonable limited access to some of the more basic stuff through some nice friendly contacts from former coaches. I doubt I'd be that far behind most of the actual stuff that would be worth using in today's games. PLO has a very NLHE 2011 feel about it right now.
Also played GUKPT Leeds last week. Had a free ticket so used that and another bullet but didn't make antes. Had a great time though, meeting up with a couple of old poker friends, had a few beers and played some 1/1 cash later on. Seems like there's a nice friendly community up there.  
Plan for the next few weeks is to do some more solver studying, play a ton of sats to WSOPE and the Caribbean thingy. Also going to be mixing in a few 25/50 shots, buying in short when games are good.

BB is Bill Perkins, sure he won't mind

SB: $1,856.25 (37.1 bb)
BB: $8,342 (166.8 bb)
UTG: $6,836.65 (136.7 bb)
MP: $2,046 (40.9 bb)
Hero (CO): $3,239.25 (64.8 bb)
BTN: $1,800 (36 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Two Diamonds Two Clubs
2 folds, Hero raises to $175, SB raises to $575, BB calls $525, Hero calls $400

Flop: ($1,725) three diamonds
SB bets $1,281.25 and is all-in, BB calls $1,281.25, Hero raises to $2,664.25 and is all-in, BB calls $1,383

($8,334.75)
($8,334.75)

[spoil]Results: $8,334.75 pot ($3 rake)
Final Board: three diamonds
SB showed Ah and lost (-$1,856.25 net)
BB showed and lost (-$3,239.25 net)
Hero showed Two Diamonds Two Clubs and won $8,331.75 ($5,092.50 net)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:52:25 PM by POWWWWWWWW » Logged
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2017, 12:17:33 AM »

Hey guys,

Finally pulled the trigger on a new computer. Was pretty close to going balls out and getting a really high spec one to run any sim you could possibly want for PLO, but I reigned it in a bit as a lot of the really high intensity stuff is all preflop. Aside from the fact a lot of this stuff has already been done and somewhat available, it's all basically for extrapolation purposes anyway. No one is close to playing what the solvers say for preflop PLO and rightly so. Ended up with a top spec Threadripper setup. Now this is me trying to sound like I know what I'm on about but I haven't the foggiest tbh and have had someone put it together for me. This means I'll still have to use a server for the really intensive stuff (looking at you O8) but should be able to melt through all post flop PLO and NLHE spots.
Poker has been pretty decent again this month. Beginning of the month was a little testing. Think I ran fairly bad and tilted properly for the first time in a while (I'll come back to this later). Also played the £1k at DTD. Sneaked in via an online sat to Day 2 with 20bb and lasted maybe 10 hands. Didn't fancy an hour drive back home so quick so re entered  and finished about 10 off the money. Stayed for a while after and ran pretty hot in a very good 2/5 PLO game. Got in very bad AAAxxx for £1k pre and flopped the nut flush, held then just won a bunch of smaller pots for a nice win.
Nearing the end of the mixed game coaching I've been having for the last 6 months. Thoroughly enjoyed it and am itching to get out to Vegas next year to make a big run at everything. Motivation to improve is at an all time high and I feel with a solid routine and learning path I can get seriously good by the time June rolls round.

Took a boys trip away to Lisbon last weekend for a few beers and a bit of football. Weather was great, company was superb and we managed to witness Sporting win 5-1 (Bas Dost hat trick as well). Before the game we somehow stumbled into what looked like a Sporting Ultras garage party, with Sagres on tap for €1. We got a few funny looks for speaking English and being dressed head to toe in the club shop merchandise but everyone was super friendly and the atmosphere pre and during the game was fantastic. 

Back to the poker, I seem to have developed a really bad superiority complex over most of the players I play against. Beginning of the month I raged in chat for the first time in years during a few HU sessions vs regs. Chatting shit to regs achieves absolutely nothing other than massaging my own ego, but I just seem to lose it over the most innocuous stuff. I'm pretty sure it's not affecting my actual play to an extent it's a problem but it's just a nobhead thing to do. It reared it's head again during the live session. Caught myself a few times ranting to myself (in my head) about how bad everyone was, why don't they come play me online, how dare he 3bet me with this hand etc etc. It's something I really dislike about myself at the minute and if it's not costing me right now it certainly will in the future. I suspect it may just end up with me ego tripping a very good reg and getting smashed for a lot but it might be what I need.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2017, 09:43:26 AM »

Ahh don't beat yourself up too much mate, happens to the best of us. Just remember it's not personal, it's just cards.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2017, 09:01:42 PM »

I had a friend who liked to rant in the chatbox. Maybe rant isn't the right word, as it tended to be a venomous berating. Eventually, after a year of explaining this to him, he was sat at a table on a small network we both played. He berated someone whilst one of the owners was at the table. This guy promptly decided that he was tired of my friend and just to ban his account including the funds. He was talked out of it at the time and luckily enough my friend received everything back including access with a strict warning to leave any time the owner sat and his chat was permanently banned. Funnily enough it was his second account on the network and his previous one also had his chat banned, after one of our mutual friends reported him! He was trolled for around a week by the owner who would just sit for an orbit, wait for him to leave and sitout. Great stuff for me, and whilst I felt a bit bad for my friend, it did feel like justice, particularly as I had been the target of his rants on a few occasions.

Any time I have been berated by another reg, I have almost always found it both funny and encouraging. It is always nice to get a headsup on your mistakes and have someone remind you that maybe you haven't cracked poker like you thought. And, you never know, maybe the network owner is watching Smiley

Ego is both a blessing and a curse in poker. Due to the variance, every poker player needs a little ego to prevent the crippling self doubt that can accompany downswings. However, its also extremely important to keep in check. Ego and tilt are highly correlated, and this is something every professional has to be aware of.

Have you had any mental game coaching? This is a text book Elliot Roe thing and I couldn't recommend him enough. My friend from above would also pass on his recommendation too I think.

The nerd in me would love to play around with some o8 sims. How usable are the resources? I have Piosolver but I've not bothered with any of the plo software out there yet, mainly because my opponents don't play very close to a solver style, so I am unsure on how useful running sims would be. I'd mostly like to see NLO8 too, which probably would involve some ridiculous level of computational power.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2017, 01:43:57 AM »

Ahh don't beat yourself up too much mate, happens to the best of us. Just remember it's not personal, it's just cards.

I really wouldn't mind if it was coming off the back of a bad downswing or some huge break even stretch or something like that, but I've been having a really good year and can complain about literally nothing. I'm not actively thinking about outside of play or at the start/beginning of sessions but it's coming from somewhere while I'm playing and I really don't like it. I'm subconsciously turning into a massive self entitled twat.

Have you had any mental game coaching? This is a text book Elliot Roe thing and I couldn't recommend him enough. My friend from above would also pass on his recommendation too I think.

The nerd in me would love to play around with some o8 sims. How usable are the resources? I have Piosolver but I've not bothered with any of the plo software out there yet, mainly because my opponents don't play very close to a solver style, so I am unsure on how useful running sims would be. I'd mostly like to see NLO8 too, which probably would involve some ridiculous level of computational power.

Yeh I may look into doing that if only for 1 session. Def can't hurt and I suspect I may have some other mental leaks I have no idea about.
There's only one program that does O8 that's not a bot as far as I know. The solves are huge though and you'd be paying a lot to rent a server to do a full perfect preflop one. Haven't even thought of trying a NLO8 one or even a NLO one. Def worth looking into though. From whats already been done it seems solvers prefer playing waaaaay tighter pre than everyone is at the minute. But it's hard to extrapolate when there would be one fish or more at the table. I suspect cold calling ranges and 3bet ranges would change dramatically, pretty much to what people are doing now anyway. Rake also has a huge effect on every preflop solve, and O8 I'm betting would be even more extreme. 
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2017, 07:40:14 AM »

I really wouldn't mind if it was coming off the back of a bad downswing or some huge break even stretch or something like that, but I've been having a really good year and can complain about literally nothing. I'm not actively thinking about outside of play or at the start/beginning of sessions but it's coming from somewhere while I'm playing and I really don't like it. I'm subconsciously turning into a massive self entitled twat.

Yeh I may look into doing that if only for 1 session. Def can't hurt and I suspect I may have some other mental leaks I have no idea about.
There's only one program that does O8 that's not a bot as far as I know. The solves are huge though and you'd be paying a lot to rent a server to do a full perfect preflop one. Haven't even thought of trying a NLO8 one or even a NLO one. Def worth looking into though. From whats already been done it seems solvers prefer playing waaaaay tighter pre than everyone is at the minute. But it's hard to extrapolate when there would be one fish or more at the table. I suspect cold calling ranges and 3bet ranges would change dramatically, pretty much to what people are doing now anyway. Rake also has a huge effect on every preflop solve, and O8 I'm betting would be even more extreme.  

Regarding the o8 preflop, that actually makes a lot of sense. With how close equities run, people started defending extremely wide which is particularly strange when they never ever seemed to pull some of the more aggressive flop plays that would be needed to defend correctly vs even the flop cbet. These sims really love capturing your equity. Tbf I don't think I could accurately give 3b ranges in o8, I ran a lot of preflop stuff ages ago but its not exactly been a workmans game over the years. Feel players game still, possibly for a while. I have noticed some of the Russian 5card accounts that emerged from some of the other mixed games battling in the streets lately. I wonder how closely that coincides with the sim stuff, but 5card o8 is probably a technological advance away.

I think Elliot has probably paid for himself five times over at this point. Can you really justify coaching for the mixed games but not for your mental game! A lot of the potential issues come from something that can have a much greater effect on your overall life too, its not just poker.

Do you enjoy running the sims or does it feel like a grind?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:48:12 AM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: