blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:58:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Rate My Dinner
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate My Dinner  (Read 45920 times)
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 24, 2015, 09:55:40 PM »

OK, 2nd attempt to post pics of todays lunch

[/

No peas, cabbage, sprouts, or any real greens -1

No mash -1

Watery gravy -1

No gravy boat -.5

Sweetcorn - 2

No stuffing - .5

Fabulous cauliflower +1

Total

5/10

Broccoli is part of the cabbage family. But Imreapect your marking thank you, at least I will be able to sleep tonight 😉👍
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:58:09 PM by taximan007 » Logged

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2015, 10:08:25 PM »

OK, 2nd attempt to post pics of todays lunch

[/

No peas, cabbage, sprouts, or any real greens -1

No mash -1

Watery gravy -1

No gravy boat -.5

Sweetcorn - 2

No stuffing - .5

Fabulous cauliflower +1

Total

5/10

Broccoli is part of the cabbage family. But Imreapect your marking thank you, at least I will be able to sleep tonight 😉👍

I think you're in the lead so far Taxi

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 24, 2015, 10:16:31 PM »

What has happened to the art of home-made Yorkshire Pudding?

Apart from David 30000000091's oeuvre I've not seen any decent examples.

Belting cauliflour cheese though, by far the best yet.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 24, 2015, 10:40:30 PM »

Agree with many. Having been made to suffer just boiled today, those roasties look magic sir.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: May 24, 2015, 11:26:46 PM »

You start on page 3 as usual Ralph? Because the perfect Yorkshire Puddings were right there on page one I have been working on them for about 2 years to get the perfect technique.

Taxi -  meat looked lovely the rest really disappointing.  Potatoes looked burnt but prepared to give you the benefit on them but YP's out a bag watery gravy and strange veg don't do it for me. I can only assume Red marked you up as you have got closest to trough sized portions,
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 24, 2015, 11:35:22 PM »

You start on page 3 as usual Ralph? Because the perfect Yorkshire Puddings were right there on page one I have been working on them for about 2 years to get the perfect technique.

Taxi -  meat looked lovely the rest really disappointing.  Potatoes looked burnt but prepared to give you the benefit on them but YP's out a bag watery gravy and strange veg don't do it for me. I can only assume Red marked you up as you have got closest to trough sized portions,

Just to clarify, YP 100% homemade but agree definitely not my best effort, must do better.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 24, 2015, 11:51:19 PM »

Thought I'd give you horrible lot a tantalising look at my dinner today,  being as we had my favourite beef ribs.  

Not a huge lot of effort was put into this meal tbh, I threw the meat in the oven at ten, had to go out till twelve and still managed to be sat down to eating it 1:30.
This shall be my excuse for frozen Yorkshires, but I still did six fresh veg, two roast and mash and some petit pois, also frozen but do they come any other way?
I accept no responsibility for damage caused by drooling onto keyboards.

Peas dry and bulletified - .5

Cauli sans cheese -1

Yorkshire not home made, extremely small and only one - 1.5

Mash not creamed - .5

No gravy boat -.5

No sauces, condiments or beverages -.5

Kack-handed cutlery -.5

Leeks - 1

Cheap, knock off, car boot sale plate, -.5

Rib of beef +1

Total 4.5/10

What?!
How very dare you.

For a start,  you wouldn't know creamed mash if you fell in some, my mother serves her mash in slices.

Leeks are a perfectly good vegetable and do not detract from a dinner in the same way something like, I don't know,  tinned sweetcorn or  luminous mushy peas would,  so I dispute that mark down.

Gravy was excellent,  made from the meat juices to just the right thickness and was in fact on the table but in a pyrex jug rather than a boat so not in the photo.
Mark down invalid.

Cauli and broccoli would indeed, like most foods benefit from a layer of melted cheese but we are trying to keep the saturated fat at a reasonable level.

My dinner is delicious,  it does not need sauces to disguise it's blandness,  that would be like being served fillet mignon by Michael Roux and smothering it in ketchup.

As for the pathetic,  scraping the bottom of the barrel insults about my tableware,  I have you know they are Johnson and Johnson's finest bone china in summer chintz, carboot sale or not!
Anyway it's rate my dinner not rate my place settings so I reckon we are back up to an 8/10

Agree about Yorkshire,  and maybe did nuke the peas for to long.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 25, 2015, 02:38:20 AM »

I love the fact that Redsgirl is here to put Red in his place!

gogogo

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 25, 2015, 03:36:58 AM »

Gave you a 9 earlier redsgirl, but was on the other thread.

Think Tom needs to cook the dinner next week so we can see what 10/10 looks like.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 25, 2015, 09:00:54 AM »

Wonderful.......

For a start,  you wouldn't know creamed mash if you fell in some, my mother serves her mash in slices.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 25, 2015, 09:08:49 AM »

Fork should be left side saying that I am keggy handed. Them beef ribs look bloody nice.
I'm keggy handed too! (That does mean left handed, right? )
correct.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2015, 09:14:09 AM »

Thought I'd give you horrible lot a tantalising look at my dinner today,  being as we had my favourite beef ribs.  

Not a huge lot of effort was put into this meal tbh, I threw the meat in the oven at ten, had to go out till twelve and still managed to be sat down to eating it 1:30.
This shall be my excuse for frozen Yorkshires, but I still did six fresh veg, two roast and mash and some petit pois, also frozen but do they come any other way?

Cauli sans cheese -1

Mash not creamed - .5

No gravy boat -.5

Kack-handed cutlery -.5

Leeks - 1

Rib of beef +1

Total 4.5/10

What?!
How very dare you.

For a start,  you wouldn't know creamed mash if you fell in some, my mother serves her mash in slices.

Leeks are a perfectly good vegetable and do not detract from a dinner in the same way something like, I don't know,  tinned sweetcorn or  luminous mushy peas would,  so I dispute that mark down.

Gravy was excellent,  made from the meat juices to just the right thickness and was in fact on the table but in a pyrex jug rather than a boat so not in the photo.
Mark down invalid.

Cauli and broccoli would indeed, like most foods benefit from a layer of melted cheese but we are trying to keep the saturated fat at a reasonable level.

My dinner is delicious,  it does not need sauces to disguise it's blandness,  that would be like being served fillet mignon by Michael Roux and smothering it in ketchup.

As for the pathetic,  scraping the bottom of the barrel insults about my tableware,  I have you know they are Johnson and Johnson's finest bone china in summer chintz, carboot sale or not!
Anyway it's rate my dinner not rate my place settings so I reckon we are back up to an 8/10

By eck Tom you sired a good one here.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2015, 12:21:24 PM »

Cauli sans cheese -1

Mash not creamed - .5

No gravy boat -.5

Kack-handed cutlery -.5

Leeks - 1

Rib of beef +1

Total 4.5/10

What?!
How very dare you.

Mark down invalid.

By eck Tom you sired a good one here.

Don't tell them I said so Maureen, but all my girls, including the granddaughters are excellent housekeepers. We never go short of a hot meal, clean clothes, or a warm bed, and if need be, they can (and do) go out to work and earn a living.

They do all this with such consummate ease that it would be easy to take it for granted, but I don't. I'm immensely, immeasurably proud of them. Their husbands, existing and still to come, should thank their lucky stars every day for their good fortune. I know I do.

The older I get, the better I was.
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2015, 01:10:15 PM »

That is so nice Tom.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 25, 2015, 04:01:00 PM »

Or Tom wanting dinner tonight.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »