blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:36:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180593 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #16065 on: January 07, 2019, 11:43:10 AM »

PS - I think it's pretty disappointing to see that this topic has mainly come to people posting links. Can we not engge without the help of other peoples opinions, if not, then what's the point of this forum?

Aaron has totally missed the point here, it's the links that promote the discussion plus the fact that I/we would miss loads of interesting stuff without them.

Keep posting Rich.

I haven't missed any point, because nobody has made a point.

I have instead pointed out that this is a discussion board, and at times, this discussion board is just literally Tighty posting links, with no response. I haven't said stop posting links all together, but there are pages back where it's just 10+ consecutive posts, with links, without reply.

Just saying.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16066 on: January 07, 2019, 12:25:48 PM »

PS - I think it's pretty disappointing to see that this topic has mainly come to people posting links. Can we not engge without the help of other peoples opinions, if not, then what's the point of this forum?

Aaron has totally missed the point here, it's the links that promote the discussion plus the fact that I/we would miss loads of interesting stuff without them.

Keep posting Rich.

I haven't missed any point, because nobody has made a point.

I have instead pointed out that this is a discussion board, and at times, this discussion board is just literally Tighty posting links, with no response. I haven't said stop posting links all together, but there are pages back where it's just 10+ consecutive posts, with links, without reply.

Just saying.

Why didn't you reply then?

Just asking....

The older I get, the better I was.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #16067 on: January 07, 2019, 01:24:22 PM »

Is everybody going to be watch the Brexit based drama tonight featuring Benedict Cumberbatch?

Brexit: The Uncivil War
9pm, Channel 4
If you thought you already knew all there was to know about Brexit, prepare for a surprise as writer James Graham dissects one of the most controversial events in recent history in a shocking topical drama about the 2016 European Union referendum temptingly tagged: “Everyone knows who won, but not everyone knows how”. Benedict Cumberbatch is typically magnetic as crumpled Leave campaign mastermind Dominic Cummings. Must-see television. Mike Bradley
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #16068 on: January 07, 2019, 01:31:34 PM »

Common Market 2.0 is coming to save us all............stand by your beds  Smiley
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16069 on: January 07, 2019, 01:39:48 PM »

Sounds great, count me in.

They would have got a bigger audience if they called it Strictly Come Brexiting or I'm a Eurosceptic, Get Me Out of Here.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16070 on: January 07, 2019, 01:42:32 PM »

Tighty typically posts his latest information sources in batches, which is why you get a run of posts like this (if you look at the timing they'll be fairly close together).  After that, they'll typically prompt a discussion around them.

The thread would be immensely poorer without these contributions, as quite often they link to material few of us would find directly.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16071 on: January 07, 2019, 05:08:33 PM »

A government openly inflicting food shortages on the country??

Come now.

The inability of Remain to recognise what terminology like this really means prevents meaningful debate. Classic project fear. Some reduction in choice some increase in price perhaps. But a shortage of FOOD means people could starve to death. Such irrational, panic stricken, weak, slovenly rhetoric. Fodder for the EU negotiation position.

I don't think there is any condescending "come now" about it and at no point did i mention people starving to death. that's just lazily putting your own exaggerations onto my words

should the deal not get through parliament and the government then choose to go "no deal" (unless parliament finds a mechanism to stop it) rather than second ref, delay A50, revoke A50..whatever the option to delay leaving on those terms is

then the government will be voluntarily inflicting economic hardship to industry (affecting tax receipts, pension values etc etc), food shortages to consumers, lots more unemployment etc

Of course the government can "scorch earth" via big reductions in corporation tax, investment incentives etc to mitigate the impact no deal has but that has consequences down the line (higher deficit, higher borrowing costs, austerity etc)

I do think that many laymen still think no deal = status quo and get quite dogmatic about our place in the world.

I don't think we, myself included, really adequately discount well enough how tough it is going to be. Many people wouldn't be quite so sanguine about it if they did

I’m pretty sure everybody recognises it’s going to be tough

But faced with a challenge it’s about what attitude people want to bring to the table and to what end

Some people conclude determination and confidence help.

Some people think capitulation and fear is the way to go.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #16072 on: January 07, 2019, 05:31:28 PM »

Labour is 6 points behind a Government openly toying with inflicting food and drug shortages on its own population.

CON: 40% (-1)
LAB: 34% (-5)
LDEM: 10% (+3)
GRN: 4% (-)
UKIP: 4% (+1)

via YouGov, 21 Dec - 04 Jan
Chgs. w/ 17 Dec

Lets hope if there are any the moaning minnies take the shortfall first.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #16073 on: January 08, 2019, 08:58:54 AM »

Is everybody going to be watch the Brexit based drama tonight featuring Benedict Cumberbatch?

Brexit: The Uncivil War
9pm, Channel 4
If you thought you already knew all there was to know about Brexit, prepare for a surprise as writer James Graham dissects one of the most controversial events in recent history in a shocking topical drama about the 2016 European Union referendum temptingly tagged: “Everyone knows who won, but not everyone knows how”. Benedict Cumberbatch is typically magnetic as crumpled Leave campaign mastermind Dominic Cummings. Must-see television. Mike Bradley

I really enjoyed this. Cumberbatch very very good although not sure on the accent. 
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #16074 on: January 08, 2019, 01:12:53 PM »

I have to say that I probably use this thread as one of my primary sources of info about Brexit. A bunch of good links and articles posted and a variety of opinions from smart people with very different opinions. Thanks to everyone for their continued posting in this thread.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #16075 on: January 08, 2019, 01:59:24 PM »

Michael Gove has colourfully compared MPs waiting for something better than Theresa May's Brexit deal to "mid-50s swingers waiting for Scarlett Johansson to turn up".
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16076 on: January 08, 2019, 02:15:00 PM »

Michael Gove has colourfully compared MPs waiting for something better than Theresa May's Brexit deal to "mid-50s swingers waiting for Scarlett Johansson to turn up".

LOL very funny.

However when we consider Miss Johansson’s latest squeeze is 53yr-old Kevin Yorn it justifies engaging with “the art of the possible”

I’m sure Mr Gove thinks returning to a nagging old bag wife is the safe option but I’m in the waiting for Scarlett to turn up camp.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16077 on: January 08, 2019, 04:15:33 PM »

I think we had Scarlett but we decided we needed our own space.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #16078 on: January 08, 2019, 05:39:24 PM »

Its when Scarlett turns up with a bag full of tinned peaches we need to worry.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #16079 on: January 08, 2019, 08:31:43 PM »

In other good news, at least Trump and our friends in Washington rank us ahead of the EU in terms of importance

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46798861 

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: