blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:33:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1321 1322 1323 1324 [1325] 1326 1327 1328 1329 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191087 times)
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19860 on: August 19, 2019, 07:24:50 AM »

Former Northern Ireland Secretary tells Crick that troubles in Northern Ireland will return with No Deal Brexit

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/michael-crick-ireland-troubles-no-deal-brexit/

I really don't get this shit.

We have several Irish in our office from both sides of the border. Neither see any reason for this. What actually changes to prompt people to want to fight again, after peace for so long.....bar of course the media and remainers actually courting it........

There was a shooting in Omagh on Wednesday.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #19861 on: August 19, 2019, 09:25:37 AM »

Former Northern Ireland Secretary tells Crick that troubles in Northern Ireland will return with No Deal Brexit

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/michael-crick-ireland-troubles-no-deal-brexit/

We have several Irish in our office from both sides of the border. Neither see any reason for this. What actually changes to prompt people to want to fight again, after peace for so long.....bar of course the media and remainers actually courting it........

But hasn't there been sporadic violence all along?

Is there anything to link the potential of Brexit with any increase? Or is it just more attention being thrown on it?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19862 on: August 19, 2019, 11:22:09 AM »

A fragile UK economy prepares for Brexit

Britain’s growth rate has been slower than the US and Eurozone (this is unusual)

https://ft.com/content/40c604d2-c01c-11e9-89e2-41e555e96722

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19863 on: August 19, 2019, 11:22:53 AM »

A view that is difficult to argue with?

"Jeremy Corbyn is not reaching out to other parties. He is laying down an ultimatum that it's him or no-deal Brexit. He is very unlikely to attract enough votes from Tory MPs. So he will fail & waste time when time is very short.

Corbyn is helping the ERG get a no-deal Brexit."

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19864 on: August 19, 2019, 11:23:45 AM »

this is a long series of posts but good

https://twitter.com/uk_domain_names/status/1162972188032557057?s=20

The Jeremy Corbyn dilemma

1. JC has to call any VONC for it to be binding (any MP can, but Boris Johnson can ignore anyone else's). So JC's role is vital.

read on...

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19865 on: August 19, 2019, 11:25:00 AM »

Faisal Islam on Yellowhammer

The really interesting thing about this latest Yellowhammer sighting/scoop in the Sunday Times is that the underlying assumption on No Deal freight flow (40-60%) cross Channel has significantly improved from March (13-25%)

medicines suppliers see significant problems with a 20% reduction in flow, let alone 40-60% now estimated

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19866 on: August 19, 2019, 11:26:29 AM »

Emails reveal Boris Johnson laying groundwork for election campaign

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/18/emails-reveal-boris-johnson-laying-groundwork-for-election-campaign

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19867 on: August 19, 2019, 11:27:10 AM »

In the light of today's leaked Yellowhammer report, a timely reminder of how systematically the govt has sought to gag the NHS & pharmaceutical companies from speaking out about about the threat of No Deal to patients.

another good thread

https://twitter.com/doctor_oxford/status/1162987727635329024?s=20

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19868 on: August 19, 2019, 11:28:19 AM »

Lis (yes biased, a remainer)

"I just don’t think we’ve grasped how deranged this all is. A government minister has admitted that we might suffer medicine shortages in 11 weeks, and insists that we must go ahead with them in the name of democracy."

My eyes are open wide
Marty719

View Profile
« Reply #19869 on: August 19, 2019, 11:34:08 AM »

Is there anything to link the potential of Brexit with any increase? Or is it just more attention being thrown on it?

Under GFA, people in NI have the right to be Irish or British.  Hard border will be seen to be splitting Ireland in 2 again, and impact the perceived nationality of the 'Northern' Irish.  Checkpoints at the border will be a target for nationalists.  Communities won't change (vast, vast majority want peace), but paramilitaries will react.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19870 on: August 19, 2019, 11:35:49 AM »

Under GFA, people in NI have the right to be Irish or British.  Hard border will be seen to be splitting Ireland in 2 again, and impact the perceived nationality of the 'Northern' Irish.  Checkpoints at the border will be a target for nationalists.  Communities won't change (vast, vast majority want peace), but paramilitaries will react.

Hi Marty

for the purposes of understanding, Marty is from NI and last i knew lives there too (haven't seen him for a number of years though)

My eyes are open wide
Marty719

View Profile
« Reply #19871 on: August 19, 2019, 11:56:36 AM »

Hi Marty

for the purposes of understanding, Marty is from NI and last i knew lives there too (haven't seen him for a number of years though)

I do indeed - Belfast born and bred.  Moved to London for a couple of years, but I'm a homebird and couldn't stay away for too long.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #19872 on: August 19, 2019, 12:57:35 PM »

Always amusing to see people try and blame the MP’s with the benefit of hindsight

Blocking no deal - MP’s fault
No Brexit deal - MP’s fault
No majority for anything - MP’s fault

Brexit is complex. Leaving one part of the U.K. in the EU isn’t something folk can vote for, tariffs and shortages not something MP’s can vote for either. Just because we’re heading for no deal, suddenly it’s the MP’s fault.

Funnily enough it’s only the leave voters that say it too. Trying to take the blame off themselves for that utterly baffling decision to leave in the first place.

But hey, we can make our own laws and the Eastern European’s aren’t coming no more, cya

Unsurprisingly if MP’s had voted for the deal their would be no threat of no deal would there?

Whether it’s the ERG, DUP, Lib Dem’s, moderate Tories and Labour, they have all screwed up between them.

As stated, you don’t just vote for a deal just because we voted for Brexit.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #19873 on: August 19, 2019, 01:22:09 PM »

Always amusing to see people try and blame the MP’s with the benefit of hindsight

Blocking no deal - MP’s fault
No Brexit deal - MP’s fault
No majority for anything - MP’s fault

Brexit is complex. Leaving one part of the U.K. in the EU isn’t something folk can vote for, tariffs and shortages not something MP’s can vote for either. Just because we’re heading for no deal, suddenly it’s the MP’s fault.

Funnily enough it’s only the leave voters that say it too. Trying to take the blame off themselves for that utterly baffling decision to leave in the first place.

But hey, we can make our own laws and the Eastern European’s aren’t coming no more, cya

Unsurprisingly if MP’s had voted for the deal their would be no threat of no deal would there?

Whether it’s the ERG, DUP, Lib Dem’s, moderate Tories and Labour, they have all screwed up between them.

As stated, you don’t just vote for a deal just because we voted for Brexit.

True that Aaron

You vote for deal because having comprehensively digested all the information available to you, you believe it is in the best interests of your constituents and country based on the options and consequences now available to you.

What you do not do is play games, and but personal/party interests ahead of everything.

It is all MP's fault.

There should never have been a referendum.
They should have sorted it by now, and if they cant then they should revoke.

Glad to see the jokes in the paper today about them coming back early from recess.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19874 on: August 19, 2019, 02:34:52 PM »

Lis (yes biased, a remainer)

"I just don’t think we’ve grasped how deranged this all is. A government minister has admitted that we might suffer medicine shortages in 11 weeks, and insists that we must go ahead with them in the name of democracy."

Ergo we are hopelessly entangled in a rigid arrangement where the supply of our medical requirements depends entirely on the stability of a single agreement. Isn’t that something you want to change? Is the prosperity of the union so certain?

In any business I wouldn’t put all my eggs in one basket for vital supplies. I would have a plan a, b, c, d of flexible arrangements in case problems were encountered. As a member of EU we can only have plan a. What Lis says is that rather than letting the fluidity of supply and demand spread the risk across multiple options we should just stick to a single option because the entangling will be a challenge. That’s bollocks mate and much riskier.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 1321 1322 1323 1324 [1325] 1326 1327 1328 1329 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: