blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:17:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1349 1350 1351 1352 [1353] 1354 1355 1356 1357 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197232 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20280 on: September 03, 2019, 04:44:15 PM »

Watching politics live and the concept of we will not be able to bring in enough flu vaccines in the event of no deal is trotted out again like it's a fact.

What are the mechanics of this happening ? It seems absurd to imagine that our border staff would be holding up incoming medicines or any other goods for that matter - why would we do that - drives me mad that I can't get an explanation for the mechanics of how we end up with shortages of medicines

Like so many other things on here..so many chirping how bad it will be with absolutely no substance, than they have read it somewhere from someone equally unqualified to spread it as news.

Look at CF earlier, making a comment to Tom and when he asks for substance behind the claim, they scuttle off, as so often happens from the remainers on here.

I am in Norway on business at the moment, and it just reminds me that my two favourite places in Europe to visit are here and Switzerland, where everything runs so much more smoothly than the rest of Europe, the places are cleaner, and everyone generally less hassled and laid back. Oh yes, the two most developed countries not clamouring for membership of the EU.......

I'm in work and have been busy!

My point being that your negotiating position is better before you shoot yourself in the foot and now desperately need help.

Norway, Switzerland, etc. There's no reason that couldn't have been made to work. But triggering article 50 without a plan, calling a general election to wipe out your majority and the shambles that has followed is hardly the way to go about it. It's the sort of thing that would have taken years to sort out had we gone about doing it properly.

Blue text
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20281 on: September 03, 2019, 04:50:24 PM »

Didn't we try to do it properly, but the deal proposed wasn't good enough. Almost feels like now we are looking No deal squarely in the face, plenty out there feeling they shouldn't have been so rash to vote against the original deal now......

This Phillip Lee is a disgrace isn't he?

One thing to be against what's going on, but to claim he still loves his party but he doesn't recognise its values etc and join Lib Dem is disgraceful. Are their values even the old Tory values, he is still wanting? Of course not. Just trying to make a name for himself.

I hope his local constituents chuck the disloyal self righteous turncoat out, asap.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20282 on: September 03, 2019, 04:53:59 PM »

Watching politics live and the concept of we will not be able to bring in enough flu vaccines in the event of no deal is trotted out again like it's a fact.

What are the mechanics of this happening ? It seems absurd to imagine that our border staff would be holding up incoming medicines or any other goods for that matter - why would we do that - drives me mad that I can't get an explanation for the mechanics of how we end up with shortages of medicines

Like so many other things on here..so many chirping how bad it will be with absolutely no substance, than they have read it somewhere from someone equally unqualified to spread it as news.

Look at CF earlier, making a comment to Tom and when he asks for substance behind the claim, they scuttle off, as so often happens from the remainers on here.

I am in Norway on business at the moment, and it just reminds me that my two favourite places in Europe to visit are here and Switzerland, where everything runs so much more smoothly than the rest of Europe, the places are cleaner, and everyone generally less hassled and laid back. Oh yes, the two most developed countries not clamouring for membership of the EU.......

My point being that your negotiating position is better before you shoot yourself in the foot and now desperately need help.

Norway, Switzerland, etc. There's no reason that couldn't have been made to work. But triggering article 50 without a plan, calling a general election to wipe out your majority and the shambles that has followed is hardly the way to go about it. It's the sort of thing that would have taken years to sort out had we gone about doing it properly.

We’d be in an even better negotiating position if the country had united behind the referendum result  and there hadn’t been a bunch of remainers undermining that position and trying to thwart Brexit. In many ways they are responsible for our current direction.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20283 on: September 03, 2019, 04:56:47 PM »

We’d be in an even better negotiating position if the country had united behind the referendum result  and there hadn’t been a bunch of remainers undermining that position and trying to thwart Brexit. In many ways they are responsible for our current direction.

The ERG!

Blue text
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20284 on: September 03, 2019, 04:58:09 PM »

We’d be in an even better negotiating position if the country had united behind the referendum result  and there hadn’t been a bunch of remainers undermining that position and trying to thwart Brexit. In many ways they are responsible for our current direction.

The ERG!

More remoaners than ERG!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20285 on: September 03, 2019, 05:01:56 PM »

We’d be in an even better negotiating position if the country had united behind the referendum result  and there hadn’t been a bunch of remainers undermining that position and trying to thwart Brexit. In many ways they are responsible for our current direction.

It works both ways Andrew.If May hadn't instituted the harshest of red lines to negotiate around (could have stayed within a CU and still honoured the leave vote instead, for example) then those who didn't vote to leave would have been easier to bring into the fold

As it was they were alienated, and never any attempt to get them back

Both the ERG/Hard leavers and Labour party were responsible for the WA not getting through 3 times. For one, the proposed brexit wasn't pure enough but it appears that no suggested deal would be. no deal is the aim, disaster capitalist style. For the other they thought of the party not the national interest, not helped by the front bench being or trying to be all things to all factions, and failing

Plenty of blame to go round, and far from fair to say the remain voters should have to own more than they should, That firmly belongs to the hard leavers  

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20286 on: September 03, 2019, 05:05:22 PM »

Didn't we try to do it properly, but the deal proposed wasn't good enough. Almost feels like now we are looking No deal squarely in the face, plenty out there feeling they shouldn't have been so rash to vote against the original deal now......

One thing to be against what's going on, but to claim he still loves his party but he doesn't recognise its values etc and join Lib Dem is disgraceful. Are their values even the old Tory values, he is still wanting? Of course not. Just trying to make a name for himself.

I hope his local constituents chuck the disloyal self righteous turncoat out, asap.

I thought he showed considerable flair to do it in the middle of Boris's speech. Nicely dramatic.

Thinking of the country's best interest, in his opinion, and not his own career, which most MPs haven't done.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 05:06:57 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20287 on: September 03, 2019, 05:21:57 PM »

It works both ways Andrew.If May hadn't instituted the harshest of red lines to negotiate around (could have stayed within a CU and still honoured the leave vote instead, for example) then those who didn't vote to leave would have been easier to bring into the fold

As it was they were alienated, and never any attempt to get them back

Both the ERG/Hard leavers and Labour party were responsible for the WA not getting through 3 times. For one, the proposed brexit wasn't pure enough but it appears that no suggested deal would be. no deal is the aim, disaster capitalist style. For the other they thought of the party not the national interest, not helped by the front bench being or trying to be all things to all factions, and failing

Plenty of blame to go round, and far from fair to say the remain voters should have to own more than they should, That firmly belongs to the hard leavers  

One thing is 100% clear to me right now, Boris’ approach should have been the approach from day 1. All this fucking about pretending we were going to no deal when they weren’t serious was always going to end in failure.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20288 on: September 03, 2019, 05:32:14 PM »

I thought he showed considerable flair to do it in the middle of Boris's speech. Nicely dramatic.

Thinking of the country's best interest, in his opinion, and not his own career, which most MPs haven't done.

I think in your heart of hearts you know the very fact it was so dramatic, and the timing of it, shows it was all about him.

He may well have the best interests of the country at stake, I think we all do, be that short or long term.

To go from one party to another shows he was also trying to cover his back. Go Independent and stick to your core principles, because they surely aren't Lib Dem........

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20289 on: September 03, 2019, 05:50:40 PM »

Mate you say triggering Article 50 without a plan but every MP voted on that question and parliament majority passed the trigger

So there was a plan ie we leave EU deal or no deal on x date

But there’s been so much dithering and wah wahing that progress to execute that plan has been undermined and stalled

Now parliament are still wah wahing saying nah we don’t want to respect the referendum vote and we don’t want to respect the Article 50 vote we want more votes until we get our own democratic way, oh and don’t forget locusts are coming to eat your babies.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #20290 on: September 03, 2019, 05:55:38 PM »

His constituents voted for a conservative mp

But fuck that vote as well

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20291 on: September 03, 2019, 05:57:05 PM »

Boris's approach is illogical.

why we in the UK are not supposed to be frightened of 'no deal' at the same time as this very same 'no deal' is supposed to scare the EU into major concessions?

He could well be very stuck shortly. No deal ruled out later tonight, Labour then don't vote for an election he then has what options?

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #20292 on: September 03, 2019, 06:03:30 PM »

why we in the UK are not supposed to be frightened of 'no deal' at the same time as this very same 'no deal' is supposed to scare the EU into major concessions?

He could well be very stuck shortly. No deal ruled out later tonight, Labour then don't vote for an election he then has what options?

What options do the people have?

Just watch these ridiculous games being played out to force complete deadlock upon us

If no deal is ruled out through legislation the EU can just keep us in as they please. What options would the UK have? People can’t even vote to change government in a GE. Sure leaving is scary but we have lots of options as a country.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 06:05:15 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20293 on: September 03, 2019, 06:05:41 PM »

It’s amazing how the idea that was initially only really recommended by British tabloids and the ERG (pretend we really want no deal) is now the only plan. The cards are still all face up, the EU just look at all the cards, shrug and reaffirm the WA agreement.

(It’s actually tomorrow that they’re voting on the bill, a minor detail but feels like a good bit can change in 24 hours at the moment)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20294 on: September 03, 2019, 06:09:53 PM »

Sat in hotel rooms watching Sky News/CNN/BBC World news, the one thing that is clear when they go to the public, is that the majority interviewed on "randoms", ie not the banner wavers from either side, but Joe Schmo from the streets, is that most people think we should go, lets just get it done and lets just see what happens.

Its the noise makers that are screaching so loud, as on here, telling us how bad it will be with F all evidence that is just slowing the hole thing down, and putting people on edge.

If it goes to an election and its won by a party unwilling to execute Brexit, then we will see some fun and games.

I fear the worst.

Pages: 1 ... 1349 1350 1351 1352 [1353] 1354 1355 1356 1357 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: