blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:53:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1350 1351 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 1357 1358 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197823 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20295 on: September 03, 2019, 06:11:17 PM »

Sat in hotel rooms watching Sky News/CNN/BBC World news, the one thing that is clear when they go to the public, is that the majority interviewed on "randoms", ie not the banner wavers from either side, but Joe Schmo from the streets, is that most people think we should go, lets just get it done and lets just see what happens.

Its the noise makers that are screaching so loud, as on here, telling us how bad it will be with F all evidence that is just slowing the hole thing down, and putting people on edge.

If it goes to an election and its won by a party unwilling to execute Brexit, then we will see some fun and games.

I fear the worst.

We’ll send ‘em tighty’s address!  Cheesy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20296 on: September 03, 2019, 06:25:01 PM »

Sat in hotel rooms watching Sky News/CNN/BBC World news, the one thing that is clear when they go to the public, is that the majority interviewed on "randoms", ie not the banner wavers from either side, but Joe Schmo from the streets, is that most people think we should go, lets just get it done and lets just see what happens.

Its the noise makers that are screaching so loud, as on here, telling us how bad it will be with F all evidence that is just slowing the hole thing down, and putting people on edge.

If it goes to an election and its won by a party unwilling to execute Brexit, then we will see some fun and games.

I fear the worst.

We’ll send ‘em tighty’s address!  Cheesy

I will placate them with offers of tinned peaches and powdered milk

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20297 on: September 03, 2019, 06:34:24 PM »

I fear the worst.

Most people don't want to go regardless, it is running about 30%.  Most people wanted to leave and the people who voted agaonst it were the ERG and the opposition.

There is plenty of evidence, the Government produced lots of reports de4tailing where the issues were, it is just that a nig majority of people have never read any of it.  I can only speak from what I have seen.  The insurer I was last working for has had to set up an operation in the EU and will need two sets of reporting going forward, has had to set up jobs in the EU and is now lookig forward to a future with higher capital requirements and additional costs.  The "benefits" of Brexit would have to be considerable to counter that.  The sunk cost is already excessive. The rulebook may change in the future for the UK, making gains, but then you have the cost of complying with two different legal regimes,  This will have been replicated over the industry.   Guess you can dismiss this as FA evidence, but just read the reports and accounts of a sample of insurers and find what they say on Brexit.  Just search out the detailed reports the Government prodcued on multiple industries and see the only issue isn't just a shortage of flu jabs.

I read the report from my smaller ISA provider the other day.  From what I read they have done F'all and are just hoping for the best.  If the no deal Brexit comes to pass in October, they wil be in a very tricky legal postion servicing all their punters living in the EU.  Their cost is currently minimal, but their future cost could break them.  

There is plenty of evidence about, and it isn't just people making shit up.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20298 on: September 03, 2019, 07:28:20 PM »

Jeremy corbyn was visiting a primary school and he visited one of the classes.
They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.
The teacher asked the Labour leader if he would like to lead the discussion on the word "tragedy". So the illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a "tragedy".
One little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field & a tractor runs over him and kills him, that would be a 'tragedy'".
"No," said Corbyn “that would be an accident."
A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying fifty children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."
"I'm afraid not," explained the Labour leader, "that's what we would call a great loss."
The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Corbyn searched the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of tragedy?"
Finally, at the back of the room, a small boy raised his hand...In a quiet voice he said: "If the airplane carrying you and Dianne abbott was struck by a "friendly fire" missile & blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy."
"Fantastic!" exclaimed Jeremy corbyn, . "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"
"Well," says the boy "it has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be a f**king accident either!"

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #20299 on: September 03, 2019, 07:46:02 PM »

Jeremy corbyn was visiting a primary school and he visited one of the classes.
They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.
The teacher asked the Labour leader if he would like to lead the discussion on the word "tragedy". So the illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a "tragedy".
One little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field & a tractor runs over him and kills him, that would be a 'tragedy'".
"No," said Corbyn “that would be an accident."
A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying fifty children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."
"I'm afraid not," explained the Labour leader, "that's what we would call a great loss."
The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Corbyn searched the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of tragedy?"
Finally, at the back of the room, a small boy raised his hand...In a quiet voice he said: "If the airplane carrying you and Dianne abbott was struck by a "friendly fire" missile & blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy."
"Fantastic!" exclaimed Jeremy corbyn, . "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"
"Well," says the boy "it has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be a f**king accident either!"

Good work adz actually thought it was a true story for the first few lines. 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20300 on: September 03, 2019, 07:46:43 PM »

Fking hell, heard it all now. Some clown on Channel 4 news saying that London is 6 meals away from starvation 

Talk about scaremongerer........idiot.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20301 on: September 03, 2019, 09:02:59 PM »

Grieve, Clarke et al are being a devastating mix of deeply cutting and terribly polite as they take apart Rees-Mogg in their valedictory speeches. Like a surgeon operating without anaesthetic.

Proper principled politicians

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20302 on: September 03, 2019, 09:07:37 PM »

“The government is stockpiling body bags for the risk of an increased mortality rate. Those who support no-deal Brexit need to be aware what level of harm they are willing to accept”

Very grim from Neurologist Dr David Nicholl who contributed to Operation Yellowhammer

Link to watch

https://t.co/1uxCQnW1HT

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20303 on: September 03, 2019, 09:09:24 PM »

Grieve, Clarke et al are being a devastating mix of deeply cutting and terribly polite as they take apart Rees-Mogg in their valedictory speeches. Like a surgeon operating without anaesthetic.

He doesn't seem terribly bothered.

He is lead on a front bench, like I lie on my couch at home!

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20304 on: September 03, 2019, 09:12:13 PM »

“The government is stockpiling body bags for the risk of an increased mortality rate. Those who support no-deal Brexit need to be aware what level of harm they are willing to accept”

Very grim from Neurologist Dr David Nicholl who contributed to Operation Yellowhammer

Link to watch

https://t.co/1uxCQnW1HT

Haha, project fear in full swing 

Surely if they are stockpiling medicines and equipment for Brexit they would stockpile body bags just like they would every other supply for the NHS. FFS Richard come on.......  Roll Eyes
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20305 on: September 03, 2019, 09:16:51 PM »

Having to sit here and watch Alistair Campbell.

Isn't he a total prick....

I think many people actually realise Boris probably is lying about some stuff, but at least he is trying to resolve matters. The rest of these idiots would be happy to have a 20 year stalemate, left to their own devices.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #20306 on: September 03, 2019, 09:18:43 PM »

17 Labour Leave MP’s plan to resurrect May’s deal. Statement due shortly.

Bit f@@king late you thick clowns.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20307 on: September 03, 2019, 09:26:09 PM »

Listen up EU27...

...if any of you fuckers have the temerity to consider leaving our protection

...you better stock up on your body bags!

If Carlsberg did EU propaganda

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20308 on: September 03, 2019, 09:29:41 PM »

Have been - still am - watching the whole debate on BBC's "Parliament Live". No background commentary or explanations, just the debate, uncut.

Utterly fascinating to observe. Might have to miss Family Guy tonight, that's how good it is.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20309 on: September 03, 2019, 09:42:21 PM »

Have been - still am - watching the whole debate on BBC's "Parliament Live". No background commentary or explanations, just the debate, uncut.

Utterly fascinating to observe. Might have to miss Family Guy tonight, that's how good it is.

Also watching it all.

The leader of the house can't lie on the front bench like that whilst others are speaking surely? Seems so disrespectful.

Blue text
Pages: 1 ... 1350 1351 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 1357 1358 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: