blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:34:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2226219 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: June 25, 2016, 10:45:26 PM »

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3706 on: June 25, 2016, 10:48:41 PM »

No doubt some will spin this as 'the old let down the young because they didn't encourage them to vote'
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: June 25, 2016, 10:55:36 PM »

Thought the comment below summed it up well

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: June 25, 2016, 10:56:45 PM »

On the bright side we might be able to afford a house in about 15 years. Young voters are disillusioned and people see it as a thing to celebrate because they are tired of the people who are actually engaged in politics being annoyed about a particular demographic. Spend all day talking about how you want to bring people together and how we are still Great whilst poking fun at the people that are angry.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:05:11 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: June 25, 2016, 11:01:39 PM »

If there were to be a 'Second bite of the cherry' referendum tomorrow, what do you think the result would be, and by what margin?

The difference, as has been pointed out, is the the Leave, had it lost, would have accepted it and carried on.

Because Leave have won, they have stopped campaigning and we forget(or not being constantly reminded of) the positives of leaving and all we have heard since are the negatives, so it would swing dissproportionally towards Remain, methinks.

Again, if we have a further referendum in the near future, there is very little point in calling ourselves a working democracy, and I would have said that if the result had been reversed.

Its a bit different as Leave would probably chase another opportunity in the next ten years and Remain will never get another opportunity. If there was another referendum and the country voted to Remain, isn't that better? The people who voted won't have called for a second referendum and people would obviously be very upset on the Leave side so it would definitely take a big change from the people for a second referendum to even do anything. Why are you valuing one referendum over another? Because it was first? Its not
like the 48% of the people who voted can demand a referendum and actually change the result.

What?

I'm not valuing one referendum over another. I'm not even sure what you are on about with that.

I was asked if I thought the vote was taken again today, would the result be different, and I said yes. End of. No valuing etc....

Based on some of the stuff I have read since the vote I have seen plenty get wobbly because of the continual whining and woah is us and I suspect they would be influenced. Nothing more, nothing less. Ty.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: June 25, 2016, 11:04:26 PM »

Tbf. The young are too naive to be allowed to vote. They don't even know what they don't know

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: June 25, 2016, 11:07:04 PM »

If you don't have a GCSE in Maths and English grade C or above your vote should be burned

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: June 25, 2016, 11:08:00 PM »

If there were to be a 'Second bite of the cherry' referendum tomorrow, what do you think the result would be, and by what margin?

The difference, as has been pointed out, is the the Leave, had it lost, would have accepted it and carried on.

Because Leave have won, they have stopped campaigning and we forget(or not being constantly reminded of) the positives of leaving and all we have heard since are the negatives, so it would swing dissproportionally towards Remain, methinks.

Again, if we have a further referendum in the near future, there is very little point in calling ourselves a working democracy, and I would have said that if the result had been reversed.

Its a bit different as Leave would probably chase another opportunity in the next ten years and Remain will never get another opportunity. If there was another referendum and the country voted to Remain, isn't that better? The people who voted won't have called for a second referendum and people would obviously be very upset on the Leave side so it would definitely take a big change from the people for a second referendum to even do anything. Why are you valuing one referendum over another? Because it was first? Its not
like the 48% of the people who voted can demand a referendum and actually change the result.

What?

I'm not valuing one referendum over another. I'm not even sure what you are on about with that.

I was asked if I thought the vote was taken again today, would the result be different, and I said yes. End of. No valuing etc....

Based on some of the stuff I have read since the vote I have seen plenty get wobbly because of the continual whining and woah is us and I suspect they would be influenced. Nothing more, nothing less. Ty.

Well one referendum is fine and one is the fall of a working democracy?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: June 25, 2016, 11:08:22 PM »

First poll in tomorrows Sunday Post has support for Scottish Independence now on 59%.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: June 25, 2016, 11:09:24 PM »

If you don't have a GCSE in Maths and English grade C or above your vote should be burned
[/quot

Mantis for PM

Sense in every post. Wink

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: June 25, 2016, 11:10:16 PM »

First poll in tomorrows Sunday Post has support for Scottish Independence now on 59%.

Let the English vote to increase this I think

sola virtus nobilitat
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3716 on: June 25, 2016, 11:11:32 PM »

Christ could you imagine how nasty things would get if everyone in the UK got to vote on Scottish Independence?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: June 25, 2016, 11:11:47 PM »

What?

Well one referendum is fine and one is the fall of a working democracy?

Wtf?

It was a suppositional question. Several answered it.

Don't worry, I don't think it's really likely to happen......

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: June 25, 2016, 11:11:53 PM »

at least 2 people with a degree failed everyone of those people
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: June 25, 2016, 11:15:10 PM »

Let the English vote to increase this I think

Boris gets my vote if he starts chanting "build a wall"
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: