blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 06:45:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2226522 times)
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #3720 on: June 25, 2016, 11:17:49 PM »

First poll in tomorrows Sunday Post has support for Scottish Independence now on 59%.

Let the English vote to increase this I think

Boris gets my vote if he starts chanting "build a wall"

With all the proposed walls to be built there should be plenty employment opportunities for brickies at least.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: June 25, 2016, 11:20:21 PM »

Thought the comment below summed it up well

As someone on Twitter astutely pointed out, it is very likely the young that did vote were mostly ABs.

If more of the lower groups voted, the % of remainers amongst the young would probably be far lower.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: June 25, 2016, 11:21:09 PM »

Why can't the Remain voters just accept the result?

IF they had won Cameron would have been gloating about how fantastic he had been (I am a Comservative voter) and there would been none of this talk of 2nd referendum.

Accept the fact and do what Britain does best, unite and get on with it and show what a GREAT country we are.

Farage said pre referendum if it was 52-48 to remain "it wouldn't be the end of it by a long way".

And LOL @ Britain being great. This isn't 1850 you know. We are an insignificant little dot in the Atlantic.

Deleted for being unneccesarily contentious - apols
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:37:17 PM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: June 25, 2016, 11:21:35 PM »

First poll in tomorrows Sunday Post has support for Scottish Independence now on 59%.

Let the English vote to increase this I think

Boris gets my vote if he starts chanting "build a wall"

With all the proposed walls to be built there should be plenty employment opportunities for brickies at least.

How can you call boris racist if hes providing jobs for poles Wink
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: June 25, 2016, 11:26:01 PM »

As someone on Twitter astutely pointed out, it is very likely the young that did vote were mostly ABs.

If more of the lower groups voted, the % of remainers amongst the young would probably be far lower.

I have given up trying to explain to younger people this fact in the last few days.  Totally nailed it.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: June 25, 2016, 11:42:05 PM »

Interesting take on things I thought, worth reading even if you don't agree with it as a small counterbalance to the general weight of material in the gloomain camp

http://www.wsj.com/articles/brexit-a-very-british-revolution-1466800383

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: June 25, 2016, 11:48:58 PM »

I wonder how many people (2.5m) who signed the petition eother didn't vote or voted leave? Sky News reporting it as breaking news 😂
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: June 25, 2016, 11:52:28 PM »

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: June 26, 2016, 12:37:54 AM »

Talking of gloom and doom

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-soros-idUKKCN0ZB0VI

Billionaire investor George Soros said on Saturday that Britain's vote to leave the European Union makes "disintegration of the EU practically irreversible," and that the effects of Thursday's referendum will likely damage Britain.

"Britain eventually may or may not be relatively better off than other countries by leaving the EU, but its economy and people stand to suffer significantly in the short to medium term," he wrote in a commentary on the website Project Syndicate.

Soros made huge profits in 1992 by betting against the British pound as it was withdrawn from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-25/george-soros-brexit-makes-eu-disintegration-irreversible

Just four days ago, the "big guns" when George Soros wrote a Guardian op-ed titled  "The Brexit crash will make all of you poorer – be warned" in which he said that "as opinion polls on the referendum result fluctuate, I want to offer a clear set of facts, based on my six decades of experience in financial markets, to help voters understand the very real consequences of a vote to leave the EU." We promptly countered that Soros' set of "facts" may be clouded by his far greater equity stake in interests around Europe, and the globe, which would be drastically impacted by not only a Brexit, but by a European Union which is suddenly on the rocks.  That's precisely what happened when, as we wrote earlier, the world’s 400 richest people lost $127.4 billion Friday following the Brexit vote.

Soros was among them.

You can bet your bottom dollar on the fact this guy is short on the Euro
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 12:39:42 AM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: June 26, 2016, 12:38:28 AM »

I have given up trying to explain to younger people this fact in the last few days.  Totally nailed it.

completely disagree.  These are poll results, we don't know the ages from the actual ballot.   So we need the spread of classes from the poll which would be adjusted to make sure they got representative samples of ABs and CDEs.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: June 26, 2016, 12:45:16 AM »

wp

That isn't a poll in the conventional sense, that is a no doubt easily rigged website vote on a paper that favours independence.

It is like the daily mail doing a poll on party preferences on their website and then saying that they have a poll daying 80% of the UK would vote conservative.  Or alternatively the guardian discovering that their are no conservative voters left at all.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: June 26, 2016, 12:49:08 AM »

wp

That isn't a poll in the conventional sense, that is a no doubt easily rigged website vote on a paper that favours independence.

It is like the daily mail doing a poll on party preferences on their website and then saying that they have a poll daying 80% of the UK would vote conservative.  Or alternatively the guardian discovering that their are no conservative voters left at all.

I never claimed it was a poll.  However The Sunday Post commissioned a poll and it puts support at 59%.  The Sunday Post would be considered to be a staunchly Unionist paper.  I don't know if was their readership that was polled. 
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: June 26, 2016, 12:57:22 AM »

wp

I never claimed it was a poll.  However The Sunday Post commissioned a poll and it puts support at 59%.  The Sunday Post would be considered to be a staunchly Unionist paper.  I don't know if was their readership that was polled. 

59% would be a pretty poor start point when scotlands opinion just got totally ignored. Would people really be that keen to vote to leave, seeing as the results would be a 2nd market dive for them followed by trying to join a EU we just set fire to, and a euro that includes Greece. Feels like a silly time to want to join the EU now when scotland can just wait it out and see what other members do?
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: June 26, 2016, 12:58:21 AM »

The world economic system is in a desperate state, and that's not Brexit's fault, and nor will the UK escape the hardships from it, but that's nothing to do with Brexit.

The EU is not a democratic institution, and people voted against that in the main, really feel for the youth of the world, it’s really hard times, but let’s not use Brexit as a cause, the causes for that are complex and I wish would be looked at properly and taken on. Elite institutions like the EU are the very reasons why the younger generations are disenfranchised, and must all be removed, something I feel very passionate about if we are to prosper.

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: June 26, 2016, 12:59:47 AM »

wp

The tweet you quoted says it was a poll and you added no text to explain it wasn't.  Hence a reasonable person would assume your intention was to push your agenda using said "poll". 

Apologies if you intention was to show how some newspaper's were deliberately misleading their readership in the hope of boosting the chances of an independence referendum.

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: