blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:31:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197598 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3900 on: June 26, 2016, 08:41:27 PM »

We knew all this last week though before the vote.  Nothing has changed.  So why did we bother with the vote?

I will repeat the question.  WHY DID WE BOTHER TO VOTE?  

Was it a case of thinking leave would't happen and we will freeroll it knowing if remain wins like it should then we are safe and the wagons will have had their chance to have their say but if it doesn't then remain will still win because we will cry and say we can't operate without the EU.  Was that the arrogant attitude that actually happened and they are now in the shit trying to dig their way out of it?

LOL, I can't believe you asked this question.

We voted because Cameron put the referendum in the Tory manefesto, to save about 20 MPs losing their seasts to UKIP.

Then when the coalition negotiations started, it would be the first thing ditched by the Tories to the Lib Dems.

Whoops. The Tories accidentally won an outright majority.

Sure i know and get all that but that isn't my point. Why not just say last week 'no point having the vote whatever we promised you in the past in the manifesto because leave can't win because if it does win it will still lose' and save all the debates and chat.  'Sorry for pretending we were ever going to have a vote because it is too dangerous to leave the EU so we are not going to give you a chance to ruin the country'

Surely this would be better than letting people vote then deciding afterwards that if they win they will still lose politically?

You must know that couldn't happen. Cameron made a desperate lurch to the right to win an election. Calling it off without a vote would be curtains. When it came to it, he had to gamble.

It would have been much better to scrap the vote than to run the vote and then say 'fuck you you won but you couldn't really win and you have actually lost'

It is like a bookie not wanting to take a bet from a pro punter but being forced to take it because of conflicting politics within the betting firm but then when it wins saying 'sorry sir we didn't want your bet so we are not going to pay you'

And I'd be pissed off in that spot. As agreed many times, I think you're a good and smart guy. This one is a mess though, and I reckon you're on the wrong side of it.

I am not saying it is perfect or ideal in any way.  Nothing materially has changed since pre vote.  We knew all this before the vote.  If it was such a risk why did we bother with the vote?  Surely it was a better bold decision to scrap the vote before rather than deal with this afterwards?  It wasn't like Remain was a 1.01 shot and weighed in last week.  It was always a live 3/1 (25% likely) poke to win during the week before the vote.

By even considering reversing the result you risk a whole nation never taking voting seriously again in this country.  Just the same as a gambler would never ever gamble with the said firm in my example above if you did that to him and refused to pay.  This is way more important than just leaving the EU.  This is about the respect people are given when they are given the opportunity to vote for the next 100 years.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:44:14 PM by arbboy » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: June 26, 2016, 08:46:21 PM »

We knew all this last week though before the vote.  Nothing has changed.  So why did we bother with the vote?

Was it a case of thinking leave would't happen and we will freeroll it knowing if remain wins like it should then we are safe and the wagons will have had their chance to have their say but if it doesn't then remain will still win because we will cry and say we can't operate without the EU.  Was that the arrogant attitude that actually happened and they are now in the shit trying to dig their way out of it?

We voted because Cameron put the referendum in the Tory manefesto, to save about 20 MPs losing their seasts to UKIP.

Then when the coalition negotiations started, it would be the first thing ditched by the Tories to the Lib Dems.

Sure i know and get all that but that isn't my point. Why not just say last week 'no point having the vote whatever we promised you in the past in the manifesto because leave can't win because if it does win it will still lose' and save all the debates and chat.  'Sorry for pretending we were ever going to have a vote because it is too dangerous to leave the EU so we are not going to give you a chance to ruin the country'

Surely this would be better than letting people vote then deciding afterwards that if they win they will still lose politically?

You must know that couldn't happen. Cameron made a desperate lurch to the right to win an election. Calling it off without a vote would be curtains. When it came to it, he had to gamble.

It would have been much better to scrap the vote than to run the vote and then say 'fuck you you won but you couldn't really win and you have actually lost'

It is like a bookie not wanting to take a bet from a pro punter but being forced to take it because of conflicting politics within the betting firm but then when it wins saying 'sorry sir we didn't want your bet so we are not going to pay you'

And I'd be pissed off in that spot. As agreed many times, I think you're a good and smart guy. This one is a mess though, and I reckon you're on the wrong side of it.

I am not saying it is perfect or ideal in any way.  Nothing materially has changed since pre vote.  We knew all this before the vote.  If it was such a risk why did we bother with the vote?  Surely it was a better bold decision to scrap the vote before rather than deal with this afterwards?  It wasn't like Remain was a 1.01 shot and weighed in last week.  It was always a live 3/1 (25% likely) poke to win during the week before the vote.

Just the desperate lurch from DC to win the election. No politician ever would have done this other than out of desperation and our good buddy Beaker would have handed his arse to him without it.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: June 26, 2016, 08:48:14 PM »

It is like a bookie not wanting to take a bet from a pro punter but being forced to take it because of conflicting politics within the betting firm but then when it wins saying 'sorry sir we didn't want your bet we only took it because the marketing department was on a turnover bonus to take it and we really didn't think the bet would win so we agreed to take it.  Incredibly the bet won but we are not going to pay you because we didn't want the bet in the first place'

Nobody has said fuck you yet.  It is all just speculation.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: June 26, 2016, 08:49:11 PM »

It is like a bookie not wanting to take a bet from a pro punter but being forced to take it because of conflicting politics within the betting firm but then when it wins saying 'sorry sir we didn't want your bet we only took it because the marketing department was on a turnover bonus to take it and we really didn't think the bet would win so we agreed to take it.  Incredibly the bet won but we are not going to pay you because we didn't want the bet in the first place'

Nobody has said fuck you yet.  It is all just speculation.  

It shouldn't even be being discussed though.  It should't be an option.  The results wasn't even close.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:52:22 PM by arbboy » Logged
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: June 26, 2016, 08:49:53 PM »

lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36634407
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: June 26, 2016, 08:53:33 PM »

The end of the political Elite has arrived

« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:55:34 PM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: June 26, 2016, 08:56:01 PM »

How will terror groups who fight to erode our freedom view and use this collapse of democracy? Perhaps the economics experts can enlighten us.

What shall we tell all the doctors and teachers in India? Perhaps the economics experts can explain to them what equality means.

What about the majority of voters who put economics behind how they feel. Let's get the economics experts to tell them to fuck off.

Jeremy Corbyn is politically astute and has good knowledge. That doesn't make his strategy correct. Even if he is an economics expert.

MP's are elected to represent people, it's what Corbyn doesn't understand and sadly it's what clever economic experts can't grasp. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: June 26, 2016, 09:00:17 PM »

The end of the political Elite has arrived

LOLZ.

You really believe that?

We've just got a different political elite.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: June 26, 2016, 09:01:05 PM »

"Brexit is not the disaster. The disaster is what they’re rowing from..."

As soon as the focus returns to why the UK bailed in the first place the proper sympathy will shift from the poor Britons in a flimsy rowboat to Europeans still trapped on the Titanic.

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: June 26, 2016, 09:05:33 PM »

How will terror groups who fight to erode our freedom view and use this collapse of democracy? Perhaps the economics experts can enlighten us.

What shall we tell all the doctors and teachers in India? Perhaps the economics experts can explain to them what equality means.

What about the majority of voters who put economics behind how they feel. Let's get the economics experts to tell them to fuck off.

Jeremy Corbyn is politically astute and has good knowledge. That doesn't make his strategy correct. Even if he is an economics expert.

MP's are elected to represent people, it's what Corbyn doesn't understand and sadly it's what clever economic experts can't grasp. 

Corbyn isn't an expert in anything.  He got two Es and dropped out of Poly.  Nice fella though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: June 26, 2016, 09:12:03 PM »

Who's in bigger crisis, Labour or Tory?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: June 26, 2016, 09:14:00 PM »

Not sure why Corbyn is getting it in the neck for not speaking out and educating Labour supporters more then. The dullard did well to keep his trap shut.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: June 26, 2016, 09:14:43 PM »

Labour and it's not even close. They have a leader who isn't electable, who isn't going anywhere and they can't get rid of.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: June 26, 2016, 09:15:10 PM »

They are both failing the UK IMO.

It is like the boat is in danger of sinking and the supposed captains and their crew are just bickering with one another.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: June 26, 2016, 09:16:47 PM »

It's an incredibly stupid question, one of them is completely destroying our country.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: