blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:18:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 650 651 652 653 [654] 655 656 657 658 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2181025 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #9795 on: June 09, 2017, 12:12:17 PM »

She must be dreadful, because this time 12, even 6months ago, Cornyn was unelectable and a general laughing stock. Even amongst Labour supporters.

No he wasn't.

All it took was for people to listen to him.

He was not getting a fair hearing. But election law meant he was allowed to get his message across.

Thing is Camel, with such a big lead in the polls its taken a good campaign from Corbyn and a shocking one from May to get Labour into this position.

If May had been less wooden and not fucked up on Dementia Tax she would have pissed a majority.

It has taken an almost perfect storm for Labour to still be in a position where they are 57 seats behind the Tories.

Where are the Tories going to get the extra votes to win from?

Labour have all their traditional voters who "can't vote for Corbyn" to attract back?

I would suggest it's as many as 10% of their usual vote. I know quite a few.

If Corbyn can pull the party togther now and return Labour to a broad church, plenty of the lost souls will come back.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: June 09, 2017, 12:15:29 PM »

Why are labour people getting so excited about losing an election? Roll Eyes

The fistpumping is quite endearing.  It's like when your team go down 0-1 away to Chelsea.  Good effort lads.

I expect it from Woodsey, but I'm surprised you are being so naive DB.

LAB + LD + SNP + PC + Green = about 55% of the electorate.

Under a proper electoral system, Corbyn would be having sitting down for a  nice lunch with Her Maj about now.

The Tory/Unionist coupling cannot last. We'll back at the ballots in the Autumn and Labour will win an outright majority.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: June 09, 2017, 12:17:07 PM »

Can only be student's turning up surely?  Doesn't fit with any pattern with other pure blue traditional tory seats.

Yeah, Tories didn't count on the young people showing up.

Turns out they care about Brexit after all.

I think there is only so much they can take.  Soaring house prices which make it impossible to buy a starter home even on a decent grad salary, student fees/grants etc, cost of living, minimum wage etc etc.  Social media engaging with them over the issues and tempting them into voting/discussing it with friends more and more.  Sooner or later they were going to really get stuck into politics and today was the day.  Don't even think Brexit would have been that big a deal tbh in the grand scheme of things to youngsters.

The problem is a good number have just jumped on a social media bandwagon.

My niece, at Bristol Uni, was s posting  various stuff about how to get the Tories out.

I asked her to explain, beyond they are crap etc, why the vitriol?

Not a clue.

Then what are Labour able to do that the Tories can't?

Not a clue.

And this is someone with a large social media(relatively) following in her peer group.

For all the stick the old folk get, I suspect they are slightly more informed across the board then many of our youngsters that are able to vote.

Anyway, I now need to find a catching all encompassing Wenger May Out slogan. Back later.

Mate, there's so much wrong with this I don't know where to start.

Old people are "informed" by the Daily Mail and The Sun, peddling their hate and lies.

Young people get their information from the internet, from twitter and Facebook.

It's not perfect sure. But they are far more likely to get the truth the BS the Mail peddles.

Twitter?  when a random cretin posts the first thing that pops into their skull this is now held as "the truth"? you have to wonder what has happened to civilisation.

Twitter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Daily Fail and The S*n mate.

This is the beginning of the end of Murdoch and Rothermere. Kids don't buy newspapers.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: June 09, 2017, 12:23:13 PM »

The fact that May is going to be reliant on a party who are in bed with UDA who still continue to operate a terror network in NI only last week they were responsible for the shooting of a father infront of his Children. 

They oppose equal marriage rights.

They have absolute opposition to abortion.

There powersharing government in NI was brought down by scandal.

#AyeStrongAndStable

I wonder if all the cretins who were quick to call Corbyn a terrorist and terrorist sympathiser what they think of this?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: June 09, 2017, 12:24:06 PM »

Can only be student's turning up surely?  Doesn't fit with any pattern with other pure blue traditional tory seats.

I think there is only so much they can take.  Soaring house prices which make it impossible to buy a starter home even on a decent grad salary, student fees/grants etc, cost of living, minimum wage etc etc.  Social media engaging with them over the issues and tempting them into voting/discussing it with friends more and more.  Sooner or later they were going to really get stuck into politics and today was the day.  Don't even think Brexit would have been that big a deal tbh in the grand scheme of things to youngsters.

My niece, at Bristol Uni, was s posting  various stuff about how to get the Tories out.

Not a clue.

Not a clue.

And this is someone with a large social media(relatively) following in her peer group.

For all the stick the old folk get, I suspect they are slightly more informed across the board then many of our youngsters that are able to vote.

Anyway, I now need to find a catching all encompassing Wenger May Out slogan. Back later.

Old people are "informed" by the Daily Mail and The Sun, peddling their hate and lies.

Young people get their information from the internet, from twitter and Facebook.

It's not perfect sure. But they are far more likely to get the truth the BS the Mail peddles.

Twitter?  when a random cretin posts the first thing that pops into their skull this is now held as "the truth"? you have to wonder what has happened to civilisation.

Twitter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Daily Fail and The S*n mate.

This is the beginning of the end of Murdoch and Rothermere. Kids don't buy newspapers.

I'm no fan of the mail but twitter is horrific.  Basically a tool for thick people to attention seek.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: June 09, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »

The fistpumping is quite endearing.  It's like when your team go down 0-1 away to Chelsea.  Good effort lads.

Under a proper electoral system, Corbyn would be having sitting down for a  nice lunch with Her Maj about now.

The Tory/Unionist coupling cannot last. We'll back at the ballots in the Autumn and Labour will win an outright majority.

If you are pinning your hopes on a 5 way coalition I'd say you are still desperate.  We shall see what happens in the future but ultimately Labour lost again.  Just not as bad as expected.  You are getting carried away.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #9801 on: June 09, 2017, 12:30:57 PM »

If you are pinning your hopes on a 5 way coalition I'd say you are still desperate.  We shall see what happens in the future but ultimately Labour lost again.  Just not as bad as expected.  You are getting carried away.

Mate, you are in the same place I was after the Brexit vote. Denial.

Just like me and all the other REMOANERS (haha, that was a really funny joke) had to accept it and get on with it, you'll have to as well.

Took me about 9 months. But I'm a sad, stubborn bastard. Sure you'll get there in a few weeks.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: June 09, 2017, 12:41:36 PM »

She must be dreadful, because this time 12, even 6months ago, Cornyn was unelectable and a general laughing stock. Even amongst Labour supporters.

No he wasn't.

He was not getting a fair hearing. But election law meant he was allowed to get his message across.

Thing is Camel, with such a big lead in the polls its taken a good campaign from Corbyn and a shocking one from May to get Labour into this position.

If May had been less wooden and not fucked up on Dementia Tax she would have pissed a majority.

It has taken an almost perfect storm for Labour to still be in a position where they are 57 seats behind the Tories.

Labour have all their traditional voters who "can't vote for Corbyn" to attract back?

If Corbyn can pull the party togther now and return Labour to a broad church, plenty of the lost souls will come back.

Time will tell.

May will not survive to lead another general election campaign.

I'm sure Tighty mentioned boundary changes kick in this autumn. Think he said that's worth an extra 20-30 Tory seats compared to current position.
(Happy to be corrected on this).

So with a new leader and coherent message Tories will have the chance to get a majority.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9803 on: June 09, 2017, 12:43:35 PM »

a
Shit got to work early tomorrow, wish I could stay up  Cry

What's work?  Is that what people do with pension pots?  Grin

It's either a pension pot or be a gambler and worry about a pot to piss in  Grin

haha send us a picture tomorrow from work at 8am to the 'where are you now' thread when Corbs has won by a majority with a big smile on your face!

I might go and be a suicide bomber at his next rally if he does!  

I have confidence in the quality of our intelligence services and their duty, so i'm sure that within about 30 seconds they'd realise you to be an utter cretin online.

But did you even think before posting that? especially as you seem to like having a pension pot and your job/your ability to travel?

What party did the guy in the black chimney outfit at TM's count stand for?  You couldn't even see his face!

TM struggling to get her words out here.

Thats Buckethead. he has a bucket on his head, and he stood against TM and got 249 votes!

Let that sink in, a man or woman (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DB2PGD2XsAAMffA.jpg) with a bucket on their head got that many votes against Theresa the shit show never uturning May!

Not a clue.

Not a clue.

Click to see full-size image.

Whilst twitter is hardly the most learned place, it's full of multiple opinions rather than just 4-5 billionaires so this is probably the best news of the day, fking brilliant.

I lol'ed.

Click to see full-size image.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: June 09, 2017, 12:46:15 PM »

No he wasn't.

Time will tell.

May will not survive to lead another general election campaign.

I'm sure Tighty mentioned boundary changes kick in this autumn. Think he said that's worth an extra 20-30 Tory seats compared to current position.
(Happy to be corrected on this).

So with a new leader and coherent message Tories will have the chance to get a majority.

I wouldn't give up all hope if I was a Tory.

Labour have a ridiculous habit of shooting itself in the foot. If they do that and the Tories manage to crowbar Ruth Davidson into the leadership, then it might be game on.

Interesting times, nice for your mob to be the ones in turmoil instead of mine for a change!

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9805 on: June 09, 2017, 12:48:30 PM »

It would be really pleasant if there were other mobs!

We have the rich and the poor party, cant we have the 'we believe in Science and aren't motivated by greed/power party' and it actually become credible.

That would be oh so lovely.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: June 09, 2017, 12:50:31 PM »

We have the rich and the poor party, cant we have the 'we believe in Science and aren't motivated by greed/power party' and it actually become credible.

From what I am reading the DUP is the "don't believe in science" party. So halfway there.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9807 on: June 09, 2017, 01:02:43 PM »

we back boys!

From what I am reading the DUP is the "don't believe in science" party. So halfway there.

They hate women, hate gays, disbelieve science and climate change, back people who think the earth is 2k years old and from Monbiots latest article are funded directly and covertly by Saudi intelligence officials which makes very little sense.

but hey politics lolz.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9808 on: June 09, 2017, 01:05:37 PM »

On the plus side an anti science anti abortion influence on the new Government will surely improve the special relationship with President Trump
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: June 09, 2017, 01:09:44 PM »

Shit got to work early tomorrow, wish I could stay up  Cry

What's work?  Is that what people do with pension pots?  Grin

It's either a pension pot or be a gambler and worry about a pot to piss in  Grin

haha send us a picture tomorrow from work at 8am to the 'where are you now' thread when Corbs has won by a majority with a big smile on your face!

I might go and be a suicide bomber at his next rally if he does!  

I missed this post.

What a dreadful human being you really are. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Pages: 1 ... 650 651 652 653 [654] 655 656 657 658 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: