blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:16:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 654 655 656 657 [658] 659 660 661 662 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2195191 times)
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9855 on: June 09, 2017, 03:37:49 PM »

I dont agree with that Nirvana, I don't think there is any badge of honour for yoons!

The only ones who openly admit to being Tory are the folk with overbites and the yaya's.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: June 09, 2017, 03:48:45 PM »

So why didn't Theresa May have the general election before triggering A50?

I think the Tories blaming her for calling the election are the worst type of after timers. It was the obvious move to make.

Blame her for her terribad performance sure, but not calling the election. Noone could have forecast Corbyn's success

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: June 09, 2017, 04:04:23 PM »

The GARC are spot on with ths.

'By their friends shall ye know them...' http://fb.me/vAyZMWIE
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: June 09, 2017, 04:07:08 PM »

So why didn't Theresa May have the general election before triggering A50?

I think the Tories blaming her for calling the election are the worst type of after timers. It was the obvious move to make.

Blame her for her terribad performance sure, but not calling the election. Noone could have forecast Corbyn's success

Politics is just full of results orientated after timers.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #9859 on: June 09, 2017, 04:23:06 PM »

I dont agree with that Nirvana, I don't think there is any badge of honour for yoons!

The only ones who openly admit to being Tory are the folk with overbites and the yaya's.

Ima have to go back and find it, see if I was too knackered to report correctly

sola virtus nobilitat
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: June 09, 2017, 04:24:13 PM »

I'm not one to like a good rant     but I think it's a very clever character/concept of showing media bias/narrow mindedness then hearing what he really thinks.

I would have liked to have gone to his live shows to see if it can be anywhere near as good as a short clip. but alas. you can however download it for a sensible and reasonable price so i'll probably give it a listen through at some point.

I saw him live on his last tour and he was brilliant.  I've just bought tickets for his new tour.

The last one was based around him filling in at the last minute as a Children In Need anchor on local TV, which was pretty clever.  If he's touring near you, it's well worth an evening out.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9861 on: June 09, 2017, 04:26:48 PM »

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/873192710286475266

Senior Tory MP: "We all f***ing hate her. But there is nothing we can do. She has totally f***ed us".
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: June 09, 2017, 04:37:08 PM »

If she calls the election before A50, it would literally have given her every UKIP supporters vote on a platter.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: June 09, 2017, 04:48:29 PM »

Let's call what it is, this is bad for the country. A damaged prime minister propped by a bunch of loonies going into negotiations with the EU for the future of the country. We are absolutely worse off short term than a Tory landslide, if you look at things from any sensible political view.

It depends how you look at it.  I think a May or Corbyn majority would have been pretty disastrous.   May now has to rely on the support of moderates in her own party, so she can't carry on lurching to the right anymore.  Though I think we were facing an election where we ended up with a bag of shit whatever happened.  Even if May resigned, the odds suggested the alternatives were Boris Johnson or David Davis.  

I'm about at this point of view - I voted Labour but don't feel like 'we won'. I think it was some kind of triumph for people wanting a more socially focused agenda and people preferring the (on the face of it) slightly more straight talking approach of a number of the Labour front benchers than May's ridiculous campaign style.

Having to take legislation through parliament that will require a certain moderation and broader based support at times doesn't seem like the end of the world to me. In many ways I feel quite serene about the prospect of there being no overnight switch in fiscal emphasis whilst the result probably ensures the Tories have to shift left quite considerably

If the SNP hadn't collapsed, Labour would be announcing their cabinet about now.

Funny old game, if SNP voters had thought Labout had a cat in hells chance of doing so well, they probably wouldn't have voted Tory?

Actually a lot of Scottish Tory voters would vote DUP if they could.  The DUP/Tory hookup is a wet dream for them.

Spot on
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9864 on: June 09, 2017, 05:03:36 PM »

Never took them long. 

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9865 on: June 09, 2017, 05:11:29 PM »

UDA Endorse DUP candidate in South Belfast. 

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2017/uda-endorses-dups-pengelly-in-south-belfast-foster-feeling-the-heat-35780097.html

This love-in with the tories and the Wombles is stinking.  I'm not going to post the womble song but for those interested google it. 
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #9866 on: June 09, 2017, 05:33:09 PM »

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2017/uda-endorses-dups-pengelly-in-south-belfast-foster-feeling-the-heat-35780097.html

This love-in with the tories and the Wombles is stinking.  I'm not going to post the womble song but for those interested google it. 

Its politics. Get over it. Wont last long anyway.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9867 on: June 09, 2017, 05:39:34 PM »

No its terror.  The UDA are a proscribed organisation.  Are you saying it's ok for the Tories to cosy up to terrorism but nobody else can have relationships with other organisations? 

I mean Mrs May can have her links to the Saudis and the DUP can team up with the UDA and UVF.  It's absolutely disgusting.

My personal preference would be for a Mortar attack at Downing St that is more successful than the last one when all the pals are sitting around the table. 
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #9868 on: June 09, 2017, 05:46:15 PM »

This love-in with the tories and the Wombles is stinking.  I'm not going to post the womble song but for those interested google it.  

No its terror.  The UDA are a proscribed organisation.  Are you saying it's ok for the Tories to cosy up to terrorism but nobody else can have relationships with other organisations?  

I mean Mrs May can have her links to the Saudis and the DUP can team up with the UDA and UVF.  It's absolutely disgusting.

My personal preference would be for a Mortar attack at Downing St that is more successful than the last one when all the pals are sitting around the table.  

You're ok with Sinn Fein - they are the good guys right? No links to terrorists there.

The double standards are from you pal.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: June 09, 2017, 05:52:46 PM »

This love-in with the tories and the Wombles is stinking.  I'm not going to post the womble song but for those interested google it.  

No its terror.  The UDA are a proscribed organisation.  Are you saying it's ok for the Tories to cosy up to terrorism but nobody else can have relationships with other organisations?  

I mean Mrs May can have her links to the Saudis and the DUP can team up with the UDA and UVF.  It's absolutely disgusting.

You're ok with Sinn Fein - they are the good guys right? No links to terrorists there.

The double standards are from you pal.

What would you think if Labour formed a government with Sinn Fein as members of a coalition? It wouldn't sit comfortably with me, neither does this. Then add in DUP policy. Anti abortion alone is off the charts nuts.
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 656 657 [658] 659 660 661 662 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: