blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:16:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 655 656 657 658 [659] 660 661 662 663 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2195190 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #9870 on: June 09, 2017, 05:55:35 PM »

Maybot only has one answer on loop

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9871 on: June 09, 2017, 05:58:34 PM »

https://twitter.com/GdnPolitics/status/873058369094901760

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: June 09, 2017, 06:00:15 PM »

UDA Endorse DUP candidate in South Belfast.  

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2017/uda-endorses-dups-pengelly-in-south-belfast-foster-feeling-the-heat-35780097.html

This love-in with the tories and the Wombles is stinking.  I'm not going to post the womble song but for those interested google it.  

Its politics. Get over it. Wont last long anyway.

No its terror.  The UDA are a proscribed organisation.  Are you saying it's ok for the Tories to cosy up to terrorism but nobody else can have relationships with other organisations?  

I mean Mrs May can have her links to the Saudis and the DUP can team up with the UDA and UVF.  It's absolutely disgusting.

My personal preference would be for a Mortar attack at Downing St that is more successful than the last one when all the pals are sitting around the table.  

You're ok with Sinn Fein - they are the good guys right? No links to terrorists there.

The double standards are from you pal.

Well if you blast corbyn all the way through election then let the DUP give you a majority, you are playing sides whether you intend to our not. You are calling Sinn Feins history intolerable and DUPs worthy of casting vote.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: June 09, 2017, 06:02:22 PM »

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2017/uda-endorses-dups-pengelly-in-south-belfast-foster-feeling-the-heat-35780097.html

This love-in with the tories and the Wombles is stinking.  I'm not going to post the womble song but for those interested google it.  

No its terror.  The UDA are a proscribed organisation.  Are you saying it's ok for the Tories to cosy up to terrorism but nobody else can have relationships with other organisations?  

I mean Mrs May can have her links to the Saudis and the DUP can team up with the UDA and UVF.  It's absolutely disgusting.

My personal preference would be for a Mortar attack at Downing St that is more successful than the last one when all the pals are sitting around the table.  

You're ok with Sinn Fein - they are the good guys right? No links to terrorists there.

What would you think if Labour formed a government with Sinn Fein as members of a coalition? It wouldn't sit comfortably with me, neither does this. Then add in DUP policy. Anti abortion alone is off the charts nuts.

I guess Pokerbroker would be fine with Labour getting support from Sinn Fein, but not Tories using DUP politically.

I don't think we are adopting any of their policies on abortion are we? Or any of their other weird policies?
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: June 09, 2017, 06:05:57 PM »

Well if you blast corbyn all the way through election then let the DUP give you a majority, you are playing sides whether you intend to our not. You are calling Sinn Feins history intolerable and DUPs worthy of casting vote.

On here I was making a point to make clear Pokerbroker's double standards due to his aggressively Republican perspective.

He's OK to have double standards but not the Tories.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: June 09, 2017, 06:10:47 PM »

SF aren't propping up a Government.  FYI though I am not a fan of them they have turned into constitutional nationalists.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: June 09, 2017, 06:11:23 PM »

This love-in with the tories and the Wombles is stinking.  I'm not going to post the womble song but for those interested google it. 

No its terror.  The UDA are a proscribed organisation.  Are you saying it's ok for the Tories to cosy up to terrorism but nobody else can have relationships with other organisations? 

I mean Mrs May can have her links to the Saudis and the DUP can team up with the UDA and UVF.  It's absolutely disgusting.

What happened to your "terrorist always has the smaller bomb" mantra??
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: June 09, 2017, 06:17:14 PM »

What would you think if Labour formed a government with Sinn Fein as members of a coalition? It wouldn't sit comfortably with me, neither does this. Then add in DUP policy. Anti abortion alone is off the charts nuts.

I guess Pokerbroker would be fine with Labour getting support from Sinn Fein, but not Tories using DUP politically.

I don't think we are adopting any of their policies on abortion are we? Or any of their other weird policies?

We have no idea what their conditions to enter in to this agreement will be and we have a clown as PM and she's getting more desperate by the hour.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: June 09, 2017, 06:23:40 PM »

SF aren't propping up a Government.  FYI though I am not a fan of them they have turned into constitutional nationalists.

You wouldn't be bleating about them doing it, the way you are with DUP.

Your comments in two posts above make it sound like you wish the IRA were still active on mainland Britain, especially about mortaring Downing Street.

You not a fan of the peace process then?
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: June 09, 2017, 06:27:49 PM »

We have no idea what their conditions to enter in to this agreement will be and we have a clown as PM and she's getting more desperate by the hour.

I have a feeling banning abortion and repealing same sex marriage legislation aren't on the agenda. Just an educated guess.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: June 09, 2017, 06:29:28 PM »

Are you stupid or just ignorant? The Shinners are absentionist and aren't going to take up their seats.  FWIW I want to see the break up of the  Union and a United Ireland so if she it was even open to debate I would not want the Shinners to prop up any U.K. Govt.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: June 09, 2017, 06:33:09 PM »

You wouldn't be bleating about them doing it, the way you are with DUP.

Your comments in two posts above make it sound like you wish the IRA were still active on mainland Britain, especially about mortaring Downing Street.

You not a fan of the peace process then?

I am a fan of peace but not the GFA all that done was copper fasten the Union.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: June 09, 2017, 06:37:01 PM »

Are you stupid or just ignorant? The Shinners are absentionist and aren't going to take up their seats.  FWIW I want to see the break up of the  Union and a United Ireland so if she it was even open to debate I would not want the Shinners to prop up any U.K. Govt.

If you re-read the thread someone brought up a hypothetical question about Sinn Fein supporting Labour. I just commented on that.

Is that stupid or ignorant in your book?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: June 09, 2017, 06:47:08 PM »

If you re-read the thread someone brought up a hypothetical question about Sinn Fein supporting Labour. I just commented on that.

Is that stupid or ignorant in your book?

We know they won't but the could change their mind anytime, only they decide whether they take those seats. Isn't it actually really simple, either both are acceptable as part of the British government or neither. I would say both but wow it highlights what a mess TM has made. Cameron probs expected to be remembered as the worst British PM for generations, he must be at least a little bit relived.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: June 09, 2017, 06:59:32 PM »

Assuming they took their seats there is absolutely no doubt that SF are far more politically forward than the DUP.  I would understand people having concerns about them propping up a government, particularly if any of those elected were connected to the troubles. 

If it comes down to policy decisions only then the difference is staggering.
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 657 658 [659] 660 661 662 663 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: