blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2222307 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3450 on: June 24, 2016, 02:31:58 PM »

My word.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: June 24, 2016, 02:36:44 PM »

Chutzpah

I noticed Cornwall voted leave this morning.  Think they may have to wait in line for a while to see how the economy suffers.

Boston was the biggest vote for leave and it is also the place that has had the highest amount of Eastern European immigration AFAIK.  There must have been a huge vote leave proportion amongst the indigenous population there.

Just been a piece on TV about Wisbech with a high proportion of immigrants(30%) voting over 70% out.

I think it tells a tale that the community says it is ok with the immigrants, but given a choice to truly voice its thoughts without individually being called out, they want them out, or at least halted.

I too live in a lovely old Roman town which 10 years ago if you stood in the Market Place, you would hear just English spoken bar the odd tourist. Now if you closed your eyes and listened, you could be anywhere in Europe, at any time of the day.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: June 24, 2016, 02:47:32 PM »

Chutzpah

I noticed Cornwall voted leave this morning.  Think they may have to wait in line for a while to see how the economy suffers.

Boston was the biggest vote for leave and it is also the place that has had the highest amount of Eastern European immigration AFAIK.  There must have been a huge vote leave proportion amongst the indigenous population there.

Just been a piece on TV about Wisbech with a high proportion of immigrants(30%) voting over 70% out.

I think it tells a tale that the community says it is ok with the immigrants, but given a choice to truly voice its thoughts without individually being called out, they want them out, or at least halted.

I too live in a lovely old Roman town which 10 years ago if you stood in the Market Place, you would hear just English spoken bar the odd tourist. Now if you closed your eyes and listened, you could be anywhere in Europe, at any time of the day.

Strange though, inner London has a large immigrant population and voted massively for in.  Fear of change is probably a big driver, but a few years down the line you may discover the change was a positive thing.

As I hinted about before, my daughter's school has a high proportion of children of immigrants.  They just see friends and not colour/immigration like we used to.  There is a huge difference between how they see the world and how my mother's generation does.

Does Boris go to the EU and say we want a), b) and c) right now or we go.  Given he has a mandate to leave, they cant assume he is bluffing.  Guess one of those things that would be first on the list is free movement.  Maybe wishful thinking.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3453 on: June 24, 2016, 02:54:48 PM »

Could they really call another general election as soon as this year, as some folks are saying? Not sure I can be arsed with all that again so soon.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: June 24, 2016, 03:19:19 PM »

I keep seeing the interview with Trump where he says he predicted it and it is good. I don't recall that, and was sure he was of the Remain view. Another confirm or otherwise?

I saw an interview with the US Ambassador earlier this week who was basically saying UK are the US puppets in Europe and basically they won't have a say in Europe if UK leave.

That in itself almost got my vote to Leave.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: June 24, 2016, 03:30:32 PM »

I keep seeing the interview with Trump where he says he predicted it and it is good. I don't recall that, and was sure he was of the Remain view. Another confirm or otherwise?

I saw an interview with the US Ambassador earlier this week who was basically saying UK are the US puppets in Europe and basically they won't have a say in Europe if UK leave.

I thought I had heard Trump support Brexit in the past.  He is such a stranger to the truth, that it wouldn't surprise me if he had backed both sides at different times.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: June 24, 2016, 03:39:49 PM »

My word.

Everyone duped , everyone lied to and yet everyone is now shocked.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: June 24, 2016, 03:55:08 PM »

I thought I had heard Trump support Brexit in the past.  He is such a stranger to the truth, that it wouldn't surprise me if he had backed both sides at different times.   

Haha. You ain't wrong.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: June 24, 2016, 04:00:19 PM »

My word.

Everyone duped , everyone lied to and yet everyone is now shocked.

Duped by whom?

Plenty of warnings and scare stories by remain about consequences of leaving were rammed home daily. This was a stupid strategy as people thought "f00k you".

Remain only got themselves to blame.

Both sides campaigns were shocking.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: June 24, 2016, 04:30:13 PM »

FTSE bouncing back already.  Dollar back to 1.38 already.  Business as usual.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: June 24, 2016, 04:32:53 PM »

no this is artificial .BOE liquidity support. Way too early to tell if this is a hard or soft transition

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: June 24, 2016, 04:34:02 PM »

Hope you all bought shares this morning.  

Turmoil isn't going to be over after one day though.  

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: June 24, 2016, 04:44:21 PM »

It feels like Remainers actually want something bad to happen, just to give us the old told you so routine.

Lets just get along and get along

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: June 24, 2016, 04:46:30 PM »

Yeah there were idiots on the betfair forum gloating about the FTSE being down this morning.  So much bitterness.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: June 24, 2016, 04:48:18 PM »

no this is artificial .BOE liquidity support. Way too early to tell if this is a hard or soft transition

Tighty,

I can see how the BOE could support sterling but they cant support share prices with inventions.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: