blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 06:47:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273345 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 614 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 622 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2238643 times)
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9255 on: June 04, 2017, 06:47:17 AM »

The irony (?) is that if ukip get a boost from the attacks last night then the Tory majority will go down.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: June 04, 2017, 07:25:59 AM »

Test
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: June 04, 2017, 08:34:45 AM »

Rory Sutherland on where Theresa May went wrong:-

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/06/dont-look-for-any-merit-in-meritocracy/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: June 04, 2017, 08:37:23 AM »

"How many young or older voters in your seat?"; some data for you all to look at

http://election-data.co.uk/how-many-young-or-old-voters-in-your-seat

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: June 04, 2017, 08:37:57 AM »

Conservatives buying up wraparound adverts on local London newspapers with a pure "Vote Theresa If You Want A Proper Brexit" message.

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: June 04, 2017, 08:38:36 AM »

FT columnist sounding far from ecstatic

https://www.ft.com/content/7a5697fe-4583-11e7-8d27-59b4dd6296b8

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: June 04, 2017, 08:40:37 AM »

how to make sense of this?

fortunately this is excellent

a) methodologies over turnout and young voters

the key issues for thursday

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/june2017/2017/06/election-2017-whats-polls

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: June 04, 2017, 09:28:52 AM »

So lets say the election leaves the Tories with the same majority they had before the election.

Does May survive that?

She called the election to "strengthen her negotiating position".

If she doesn't do that how tenable is her leadership?

It's difficult, other than DC and Brexit. Has a PM ever looked this incompetent before?

Yes Gordon 'clown' Brown....Mr turn the taps on and piss away money....Blair was ok until he started really pissing money away....

Always nice to have confirmation from the politically illiterate. Many thanks

Love it!!  The more clowns like you insult any right policy the more you tip it towards Brexits and the conservatives. Please keep doing it  Cheesy

Brexit and another conservative govt incoming, deal with that whinebag 

We saw Arboy contemplate changing his mind. How bad would they have to be for you to follow suit? There must be a point, surely?? The unnecessary suffering of the disabled, sick and poverty stricken. Where is the point that you rethink? Sometimes it feels like dyed in the wool Tories enjoy the suffering of those less fortunate, you more than most.

That's a ridiculous comment.  Just because you have one political view doesn't give you the moral high ground and lecture people with a different view to you.

"Enjoying people suffering because you are a Tory" line is bang out of order.

Indeed. This.

Kush you speak like no one would be on the street and all the problems of the country would disappear if Labour were put in charge. Come on, get real.

I did an exercise a while back and my best times over the years were always when Labour when in power. It made me think that I should perhaps go that way this time. However, I just can't trust a guy who seems to want to be everyone's friend, regardless of the cost, and who is so blind to the failings and ineptness of people like Abbott, you can't help but feel he would leave us in a right mess further down the line.

With regards the attacks last night, I don't give a shot about the civil liberties of those on watch lists. As I said a short while ago, they should all be rounded up and put away. They are on the list for a reason, and no doubt very soon I will be saying it again.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: June 04, 2017, 09:51:36 AM »

So lets say the election leaves the Tories with the same majority they had before the election.

Does May survive that?

It's difficult, other than DC and Brexit. Has a PM ever looked this incompetent before?

Yes Gordon 'clown' Brown....Mr turn the taps on and piss away money....Blair was ok until he started really pissing money away....

Love it!!  The more clowns like you insult any right policy the more you tip it towards Brexits and the conservatives. Please keep doing it  Cheesy

We saw Arboy contemplate changing his mind. How bad would they have to be for you to follow suit? There must be a point, surely?? The unnecessary suffering of the disabled, sick and poverty stricken. Where is the point that you rethink? Sometimes it feels like dyed in the wool Tories enjoy the suffering of those less fortunate, you more than most.

That's a ridiculous comment.  Just because you have one political view doesn't give you the moral high ground and lecture people with a different view to you.

We make judgements based on all available information. Disabled people are made homeless and die afraid and alone because of the policies this government make. Then we see banjo playing emojis celebrating this government. It's not great if you're upset by what I wrote but it's a tough gig on my side of this divide too.

You choose to try to demonise a vast section of the UK voting public, 40-45% of the population according to the polls Tighty posts here, because they may vote Tory. Its a main stream political party not some sort of extremist movement.

Tory's have a social conscience too, my family spends a lot of time helping our local hospice. My wife volunteers with a charity for two days a week to help very vulnerably girls who have often been trafficked or abused get through pregnancy. Often these girls are immigrants. You think these things are the actions of people that enjoy people less fortunate than us suffering or makes us racist? You need to look at your comments again, perhaps you'd had too much to drink. 

We all see the reality of our economy and public services, we all use education for our kids, NHS, have elderly parents or grandparents - Tory voters aren't stupid, they know there are issues to be addressed and May doesn't have all the answers. We all know social care is a mess and needs attention.

But we all have to use of judgement and conscience as to which party can best run our country - anyone can throw more money at issues - it's how that is done and how competent those politicians are to deliver.

Overall, I genuinely don't believe Corbyn, Abbott, McDonnell and co can deliver. They will ultimately screw up in my opinion and that's why I could never vote for the party they lead.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: June 04, 2017, 12:40:37 PM »

Panelbase/Times (Scotland):

SNP 42 (-2)
CON 30 (-3)
LAB 20 (+7)
LD 5 (=)
UKIP 1 (-1)
GRN 2 (=)

26th-31st
N=1,021

changes from a month ago

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/snp-to-lose-seats-to-tories-says-poll-bdqf9tzhf

My eyes are open wide
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: June 04, 2017, 01:16:55 PM »

Does May survive that?

We make judgements based on all available information. Disabled people are made homeless and die afraid and alone because of the policies this government make. Then we see banjo playing emojis celebrating this government. It's not great if you're upset by what I wrote but it's a tough gig on my side of this divide too.

You choose to try to demonise a vast section of the UK voting public, 40-45% of the population according to the polls Tighty posts here, because they may vote Tory. Its a main stream political party not some sort of extremist movement.

Tory's have a social conscience too, my family spends a lot of time helping our local hospice. My wife volunteers with a charity for two days a week to help very vulnerably girls who have often been trafficked or abused get through pregnancy. Often these girls are immigrants. You think these things are the actions of people that enjoy people less fortunate than us suffering or makes us racist? You need to look at your comments again, perhaps you'd had too much to drink. 

We all see the reality of our economy and public services, we all use education for our kids, NHS, have elderly parents or grandparents - Tory voters aren't stupid, they know there are issues to be addressed and May doesn't have all the answers. We all know social care is a mess and needs attention.

But we all have to use of judgement and conscience as to which party can best run our country - anyone can throw more money at issues - it's how that is done and how competent those politicians are to deliver.

Overall, I genuinely don't believe Corbyn, Abbott, McDonnell and co can deliver. They will ultimately screw up in my opinion and that's why I could never vote for the party they lead.

I could have chosen some of my words more carefully but I'm comfortable that the point I was making is valid.

Conservative policies cause suffering for lots of sections of society, the worst suffering happens amongst those least able to fend for themselves. It might be that this is necessary for the greater good of wider society. If living under a Conservative government, unable to look after the most vulnerable amongst us is the best way for modern Britain to function, that is tragic. I'm not sure what Woodsey's emojis are celebrating, they are offensive to me and should be to anyone with a social conscience.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: June 04, 2017, 01:27:33 PM »

Does May survive that?

I could have chosen some of my words more carefully but I'm comfortable that the point I was making is valid.

Conservative policies cause suffering for lots of sections of society, the worst suffering happens amongst those least able to fend for themselves. It might be that this is necessary for the greater good of wider society. If living under a Conservative government, unable to look after the most vulnerable amongst us is the best way for modern Britain to function, that is tragic. I'm not sure what Woodsey's emojis are celebrating, they are offensive to me and should be to anyone with a social conscience.

Offensive FFS....your such a big baby. Here a few more smilies for you to cry over    Cry
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: June 04, 2017, 01:43:27 PM »

Does May survive that?

Offensive FFS....your such a big baby. Here a few more smilies for you to cry over    Cry

Nice to see you putting that excellent education to such good use 😄. Good post, I haven't seen the like since the school playground. Anyway, I think I've said plenty for one weekend. I'll leave you to it. Have a nice day.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: June 04, 2017, 07:50:35 PM »

My partner has zero interest in politics.

Her question this morning - which of the parties is strongest on fighting terror? I want to vote for them.

I imagine this sort of question was asked across the country today. What's the answer?
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: June 04, 2017, 07:51:52 PM »

My partner has zero interest in politics.

Her question this morning - which of the parties is strongest on fighting terror? I want to vote for them.

I imagine this sort of question was asked across the country today. What's the answer?

BNP
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 622 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: