blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:17:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 680 681 682 683 [684] 685 686 687 688 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2181023 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #10245 on: June 19, 2017, 03:21:30 PM »

Has Britain ever been more unsafe than now?

Also, why is it that there seems to be more attacks when the Tories are in power.  Is that a coincidence?

More that it is complete nonsense than coincidence. Reasonably confident that 9/11  , 7/7, the invasion  of Iraq happened when another party was in power

sola virtus nobilitat
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: June 19, 2017, 04:37:21 PM »

Also, why is it that there seems to be more attacks when the Tories are in power.  Is that a coincidence?

More that it is complete nonsense than coincidence. Reasonably confident that 9/11  , 7/7, the invasion  of Iraq happened when another party was in power

9/11 wasn't an attack on the UK, neither was the War in Iraq.  But they both play a part for sure on geopolitical circumstances. 

But the fact that people are taken to suicide bombs, knife and gun attacks on the street, using vehicles as a weapon etc I understand why people are feeling unsafe. 

You could also argue the case that other organisations who were operating gave fair warning and there were often attacks on infrastructure and economic targets. 

The crazies the now on both sides aren't showing such motives. 

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: June 19, 2017, 04:54:56 PM »

Terrorists attacks are being driven by ISIS losing ground in the middle east. Tories in power makes no difference, in reality they have done nothing compared to what blair did to incite muslims to attack the UK.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10248 on: June 19, 2017, 04:58:50 PM »

Terrorists attacks are being driven by ISIS losing ground in the middle east. Tories in power makes no difference, in reality they have done nothing compared to what blair did to incite muslims to attack the UK.

He was a Tory aswell though tbf.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #10249 on: June 19, 2017, 05:05:25 PM »

I know, and bush did 9/11/
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #10250 on: June 19, 2017, 05:42:16 PM »

I know, and bush did 9/11/

Have you not watched House of Cards?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: June 19, 2017, 07:22:54 PM »

My neighbour did a big fart the other day as he was turning the key to get into his house, he looked around and we exchanged a quick giggle as lads do and he said 'Its the tories fault mate', If you say so mate....  Roll Eyes
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10252 on: June 19, 2017, 07:35:33 PM »

Day 1 of Brexit negotiations  - was it a u turn, on negotiation sequencing?

http://news.sky.com/story/chief-brexit-negotiators-reveal-timetable-10920653

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10253 on: June 19, 2017, 07:38:31 PM »

T May should go from two different right wingers, who needs enemies with friends like these:

https://reaction.life/david-davis-prime-minister-soon-theresa-may-goes/

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/we-need-a-new-pm-before-we-get-too-far-into-the-brexit-talks-a3568021.html

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: June 19, 2017, 09:05:47 PM »

Looks like Brexit started well. Caved in on doing a parrallel negotiations. Government only banged on about this for months and how important it was.
I call BS on no deal is better than a bad deal. The EU are going to shaft us in this negotiation and we are going to take it. Because the alternative is even worse.

The country is a total shambles right now. I am so angry at this government and the last DC one. Completely wrecked the country for failed power grabs.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: June 19, 2017, 11:54:50 PM »

Hearing Nick Clegg this morning was the first time I felt some hope that there might be a way out of this mess that isn't total disaster. 

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: June 20, 2017, 10:41:33 AM »

Apologise if this has been done before but I ain't buying this Abbot diabetes BS.

As a diabetic, if you feel ill or wobbly you don't carry on as she claimed to do. You know you need to take on board. If she wasn't, would you want someone running the country that can't even manage herself?!

At all these interviews I suspect she is offered sandwiches, drinks etc as soon as she walks in the room. Total BS.

She was a fuck up, simple as.

They turfed her out to avoid further embarrassment, and lied that she was gone indefinitely.

All rather seedy and dishonest in my humble.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: June 20, 2017, 10:55:30 AM »

Apologise if this has been done before but I ain't buying this Abbot diabetes BS.

As a diabetic, if you feel ill or wobbly you don't carry on as she claimed to do. You know you need to take on board. If she wasn't, would you want someone running the country that can't even manage herself?!

At all these interviews I suspect she is offered sandwiches, drinks etc as soon as she walks in the room. Total BS.

They turfed her out to avoid further embarrassment, and lied that she was gone indefinitely.

It might be dishonest but this gives her a chance to step down witout it embarassing her or Corbyn.  Politicians have lied about far worse in the past. 
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: June 20, 2017, 12:09:25 PM »

Sounds like someone has never worked hard enough that they forgot to eat! 

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: June 20, 2017, 12:35:16 PM »

As soon as that reason came out all the people in my office just assumed it was spin.

Along with what you said there's the fact that they said she was 'ill' - and then after a long delay they said - it was because of the diabetes.

If she really had been ill because of the diabetes they'd have known pretty much straight away - there's no reason for the delay in saying it was diabetes. The only explanation for the delay was it took a while for them to remember she had it and decide that was going to be a good excuse.

There have been plenty worse - but it definitely seemed like an obvious attempt at spin.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 682 683 [684] 685 686 687 688 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: