blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 684 685 686 687 [688] 689 690 691 692 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180780 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #10305 on: June 25, 2017, 12:42:21 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/25/david-davis-ousting-theresa-may-would-be-catastrophic-for-brexit-talks

But the disagreement came over the role of the European court of justice, he said, adding that while Britain could accept some form of arbitration it could not be the ECJ.

This nonsense is why the talks will fail.  Instead of utilising a court that has built up a library of case law on citizens rights, the Tories want to create an entire new body to deal with one issue, just because Theresa May spouted off about the ECJ.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10306 on: June 25, 2017, 12:49:29 PM »

Labour have highest lead under Corbyn in Panelbase/Sunday Times poll (Lab 46, Con 41).

That's the highest Labour vote share since 2002.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #10307 on: June 25, 2017, 01:37:34 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/25/david-davis-ousting-theresa-may-would-be-catastrophic-for-brexit-talks

But the disagreement came over the role of the European court of justice, he said, adding that while Britain could accept some form of arbitration it could not be the ECJ.

This nonsense is why the talks will fail.  Instead of utilising a court that has built up a library of case law on citizens rights, the Tories want to create an entire new body to deal with one issue, just because Theresa May spouted off about the ECJ.

I've been surprised by how much other events have started to affect my view on Brexit. None of these other events are impacted by Brexit or not. My philosophical (sounds grander than I intend but can't think of a better word) position towards Brexit hasn't changed.

However, a bit like the example you mention, it seems sillier by the minute to have this huge distraction 'negotiating Brexit' when there are more pressing concerns and when the final objectives for Brexit will become so watered down that we will only seek to pretty much replicate what is already there.

Guess it boils back down to the original absurdity of asking us all such a silly question

sola virtus nobilitat
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #10308 on: June 25, 2017, 01:50:51 PM »

Ian Blackford as deputy leader of the SNP puts a further nail in the SNP coffin of being to the "left".  Having listened to him speak a few times lately, I suspect at the next General Election if Scottish Labour get their act together and unite behind Corbyn then they will take back a greater number of seats and who knows if they actually campaign in certain areas and not become tory patsies they might take a few off them as well. 

Sunday Politics was weird this morning, you couldnt tell the BBC had an agenda could you?  Giving tme to Gerard Coyne who is nothing more than a bitter loser in the Unite leadership.  I don't know if he deserved to be sacked or not but it was strange how the BBC never made any reference to the guy finishing in 3rd place they made it sound like it was Coyne against the oath McCluskey. 

The story should have been about the coallpse of McCluskeys vote and how Coyne still couldnt take advantage to unsurp him despite the support he had from the right of the Labour Party and the media not to mention his friends in business. 
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10309 on: June 25, 2017, 02:02:25 PM »

Guess it boils back down to the original absurdity of asking us all such a silly question

I though the main purpose of holding the referendum was to stop the Tory party splitting in two

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10310 on: June 25, 2017, 04:54:22 PM »

I've been surprised by how much other events have started to affect my view on Brexit. None of these other events are impacted by Brexit or not. My philosophical (sounds grander than I intend but can't think of a better word) position towards Brexit hasn't changed.

However, a bit like the example you mention, it seems sillier by the minute to have this huge distraction 'negotiating Brexit' when there are more pressing concerns and when the final objectives for Brexit will become so watered down that we will only seek to pretty much replicate what is already there.

Definitely one of your more sensible posts. You must me growing up.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: June 26, 2017, 09:53:55 AM »

Theresa May has lost all authority. The Tories will remove her as soon as they feel the time is right

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/06/humbling-theresa-may

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: June 26, 2017, 09:55:33 AM »

30% of Sun readers voted LAB. Rupert won't be pleased. See this chart from YouGov

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10313 on: June 26, 2017, 09:56:03 AM »

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: June 26, 2017, 09:56:45 AM »

After everything.... May's hard Brexit Business warnings Corbyn surge Policy U-turns Sterling down Inflation up The NHS lie A Youthquake

My eyes are open wide
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: June 26, 2017, 09:59:46 AM »

30% of Sun readers voted LAB. Rupert won't be pleased. See this chart from YouGov

39% of FT readers voting Labour surprises me greatly.

Probably a very small sample size.

Wonder what the figures for Racng Post readership were.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: June 26, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »

People were voting on something that maybe 0.1% were qualified to give a reasoned opinion about.

Absurd wasn't it?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10317 on: June 26, 2017, 10:02:05 AM »

For The Conservatives, The Question Is Where Are The Young?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/stephen-canning/conservative-young-voters_b_17055790.html

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10318 on: June 26, 2017, 11:04:41 AM »

Theresa May has lost all authority. The Tories will remove her as soon as they feel the time is right

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/06/humbling-theresa-may

This seems to be behind a subscription wall Rich.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10319 on: June 26, 2017, 01:11:10 PM »

The Conservative-DUP Confidence and supply deal has been signed this morning, costing £1bn

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/06/tories-deeply-worried-dup-deal/#

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 686 687 [688] 689 690 691 692 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: