blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:20:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 924 925 926 927 [928] 929 930 931 932 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191598 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13905 on: September 13, 2018, 10:06:01 AM »

He has also insisted Britain won’t pay a penny of the divorce bill if no deal is forthcoming as pressure is ramped up on Brussels

There is a moral hazard with this. We need to do deals with 175 countries and how are they going to feel if we go back on agreements and don't pay?

Yes try and ramp up the pressure (it won't work) but it comes at a long term cost

He didnt actually say that, he said we would pay based on our legal obligations which seems entirely moral and straight batted.

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13906 on: September 13, 2018, 10:16:28 AM »

so this comment was completely incorrect then?

"He has also insisted Britain won’t pay a penny of the divorce bill if no deal is forthcoming as pressure is ramped up on Brussels "

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13907 on: September 13, 2018, 10:50:42 AM »

"He has also insisted Britain won’t pay a penny of the divorce bill if no deal is forthcoming as pressure is ramped up on Brussels "

So Britain is going to start it's new independent future by breaking it's word, refusing to pay it's bills and meet it's obligations?

Sounds like a sure-fire way to attract trade deals to me.

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13908 on: September 13, 2018, 11:26:01 AM »

Raab is simply posturing during negotiations. As Barnier and all the scaremongers have been doing throughout. I think there’s a moral hazard in scaring people to buy peaches really.

In terms of future deals and unions I wonder how the EU have come across during this period. Leave us and we’ll say we don’t trust you, play hardball, confront, reprimand and sabotage economies. If one of our member states like Ireland gets caught up in the fall out well we’ll basically just fuck them off and leave them out there in the cold. Seems like an awesome union doesn’t it.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13909 on: September 13, 2018, 12:31:03 PM »

Er..yes. unless we all wanted to argue the definition of divorce bill Smiley

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13910 on: September 13, 2018, 12:32:07 PM »

So Britain is going to start it's new independent future by breaking it's word, refusing to pay it's bills and meet it's obligations?

Sounds like a sure-fire way to attract trade deals to me.

It's  not breaking our word obviously ie he didn't make the quote ascribed to him. I heard the interview on R4 this morning like
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:34:29 PM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13911 on: September 13, 2018, 12:40:09 PM »

I'm the only Blonde whose stock-in-trade is facts. FACT

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13912 on: September 13, 2018, 12:57:37 PM »

Sorry, but FACT is subject to copyright.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13913 on: September 13, 2018, 01:06:21 PM »

Sorry, but FACT is subject to copyright.

Haha. I sought permission

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #13914 on: September 13, 2018, 05:11:19 PM »

Ha! Weatherspoons are ditching German Jagermeister in favour of English Strika and replacing French brandies with non-EU alternatives. Chairman of the 880 pub chain Tim Martin said “All EU products have UK or non-EU replacements, often at equal or better quality and price”. The Germans are said to be “disappointed” whilst the English “delighted”. More of the same please.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13915 on: September 13, 2018, 05:14:39 PM »

Tariff-free trade has brought us better, happier choices.

However, there’s a class of Brexiteer who wants to push back on all this, returning to some warmly remembered days before foreigners, loud music and reliable electricity. A time when men drank Courage Best and women had gin or a glass of hock next door in the saloon bar.

Wetherspoons’ Tim Martin is one of them. Progressively, he is going through his drinks list and barring everything from Europe. Jägermeister, owned by the German Findel-Mast family, is the latest, along with cognacs Courvoisier (Japanese owned) and Hennessy (part-owned by Britain’s Diageo).

Little Englanders will cheer at the Wetherspoons bar tonight. They love Martin’s Eurosceptic sound-offs.

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/jim-armitage-wetherspoons-j-germeister-ban-takes-us-back-to-the-seventies-a3933851.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #13916 on: September 13, 2018, 05:48:17 PM »

Funny really because the Evening Standard, like most publications, often review restaurants and you know what? The most common plus point? The thing that gets them really excited? Yes that's right it's the 'locally sourced ingredients' or 'the fresh local produce'. They often celebrate domestic beverage as well such as the recommended 'elderflower-tinged British Bellini' in various London pubs or the 'local cask ale'

Yet under the backdrop of Brexit with a Remain journalist tip-tapping at a keyboard the sourcing of exciting domestic alternatives suddenly isn't a creative and welcome solution but a reason to insult 'Little Englanders' dragging the country back into the past. Par for the course really.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #13917 on: September 13, 2018, 07:24:23 PM »

I guess JC and supporters still swallow the Russian tourist story? The poor fellas came to Salisbury for 2 days in the Winter just to innocently see the famous 123metre spire, didn't go to Stonehenge because of some snow, walking past the Skripel house by coincidence, novichok in hotel room planted and oh wouldn't have a perfume bottle cos they're not homos. Wonder when JC is gonna condemn his comrades?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13918 on: September 13, 2018, 07:59:06 PM »

Funny really because the Evening Standard, like most publications, often review restaurants and you know what? The most common plus point? The thing that gets them really excited? Yes that's right it's the 'locally sourced ingredients' or 'the fresh local produce'. They often celebrate domestic beverage as well such as the recommended 'elderflower-tinged British Bellini' in various London pubs or the 'local cask ale'

Yet under the backdrop of Brexit with a Remain journalist tip-tapping at a keyboard the sourcing of exciting domestic alternatives suddenly isn't a creative and welcome solution but a reason to insult 'Little Englanders' dragging the country back into the past. Par for the course really.

This is an excellent point, well made

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13919 on: September 13, 2018, 08:04:23 PM »

I guess JC and supporters still swallow the Russian tourist story? The poor fellas came to Salisbury for 2 days in the Winter just to innocently see the famous 123metre spire, didn't go to Stonehenge because of some snow, walking past the Skripel house by coincidence, novichok in hotel room planted and oh wouldn't have a perfume bottle cos they're not homos. Wonder when JC is gonna condemn his comrades?

Pretty funny outcome so far. So many conspiracy theories around time stamps, doctored pictures, set up by the Tories etc etc. wonder where the conspiracy theorists will head next with this

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 926 927 [928] 929 930 931 932 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: