blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:53:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 920 921 922 923 [924] 925 926 927 928 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2196949 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #13845 on: September 09, 2018, 09:55:44 AM »

As rumours grow that Karen Bradley may be moved to Defra, officials start to rehearse their briefings

brilliant

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13846 on: September 09, 2018, 10:15:47 AM »

Karen Bradley's five-point guide to Northern Ireland

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #13847 on: September 09, 2018, 07:24:30 PM »

Chuka Umunna says Labour is institutionally racist

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/09/chuka-umunna-labour-is-institutionally-racist
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13848 on: September 09, 2018, 09:11:52 PM »

Maybe it’s interesting that elements of the Labour Party, attracted by JC are anti Semitic. The Conservative Party is a fundamentally and institutionally racist organisation.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #13849 on: September 09, 2018, 09:25:34 PM »

Maybe it’s interesting that elements of the Labour Party, attracted by JC are anti Semitic. The Conservative Party is a fundamentally and institutionally racist organisation.

Seems like Labour is outdoing them currently.....
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #13850 on: September 09, 2018, 10:13:33 PM »

Loved Marina's column. Should have gone to MonocleSavers was genius.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13851 on: September 09, 2018, 10:38:47 PM »

They’re not though are they? Obviously and there is the problem, it’s stopped having anything to do with reality.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13852 on: September 09, 2018, 10:44:02 PM »

They’re not though are they? Obviously and there is the problem, it’s stopped having anything to do with reality.

Just like always, people with really right leaning politics are despicable racist *****. JC is a great anti fascist campaigner and has nothing to do with anti semitism.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #13853 on: September 09, 2018, 11:09:18 PM »

Just like always, people with really right leaning politics are despicable racist *****. JC is a great anti fascist campaigner and has nothing to do with anti semitism.

Don’t tell me tell Chukka, it’s the serious people in labour that could get elected in right now that are saying it, not the racist jokes that will never get elected like JC.....
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #13854 on: September 10, 2018, 11:03:49 AM »

Dawn Butler, Shadow Equalities Minister says "I have literally spent all of [my] life fighting racism"
How does soiling nappies and crying to be fed equate to fighting racism?
I am literally vaguely disappointed at yet another ludicrously lazy piece of political hyperbole.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #13855 on: September 10, 2018, 01:08:53 PM »

Well poor old JC has the worst ever PR then. He has played this situation so badly. He has pissed off the very people he should be trying to engage with.

Lets hope he keeps pushing to the left with the reasonable, sane, moderate members leaving the Party. That way the crackpot wont get anywhere near power.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #13856 on: September 10, 2018, 01:18:56 PM »

Well poor old JC has the worst ever PR then. He has played this situation so badly. He has pissed off the very people he should be trying to engage with.

Lets hope he keeps pushing to the left with the reasonable, sane, moderate members leaving the Party. That way the crackpot wont get anywhere near power.

Then the party split happens and the Tories are in for the next decade at least, sick strategy JC.....
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13857 on: September 10, 2018, 01:56:55 PM »

strong from Stephen Kinnock

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13858 on: September 10, 2018, 03:13:57 PM »

Very good assessment though.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13859 on: September 10, 2018, 05:28:39 PM »

Have to say, the anti-semitism and the whole Russian thing had me wondering how to support the current leadership.

I'm not a flag waving anti communist but it felt ridiculous to be even faintly questioning the 'who' in this affair - hope time doesn't prove me naive in believing it could only have been Russia.

On balance I find myself supporting the Labour party and their broad move to the left versus the Blair days but find most left wing supporters of the party pretty intolerable - primarily because they seem so intolerant and angry and whataboutist on just about everything. People and society oriented principles just become lodestars for ranty, boring, victim shite.

Boom lodestar.

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 922 923 [924] 925 926 927 928 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: