blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:11:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272643 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1363 1364 1365 1366 [1367] 1368 1369 1370 1371 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2202291 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20490 on: September 07, 2019, 01:08:22 PM »

The good news is that the chances that the clown you support gets a majority are still in double figures.

Yeah, not really though is it. I don’t have a bad bet at 7/4 and yet still i’m still invested in what I think is best for the county. You think austerity killing 10’s of thousands of people was a cause worthy of your support, it’s still killing people now, I like my side.

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/health-and-social-care-spending-cuts-linked-to-120000-excess-deaths-in-england/

What shite that is.

It even says no real conclusions are drawn.

Rising age demographic population. No reasons to WHY people were dying. Just some wishy washy number to make you feel better about not having a clue.

Scenes. You Brexiteers just don't want to accept any responsibility for your decision to vote leave. I have said this time and time again, leaving was full of complexities and those complexities have seen us take any focus away from the domestic agenda in the UK.

The decision made by people like you and Mantis IS killing people. Your decision to leave is leaving more people in poverty. Your decision to leave is leading to a spike in hate crimes.

Absolute fact.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #20491 on: September 07, 2019, 01:14:52 PM »

More absolute lolfacts from lolrron.  The funny thing lolrron is the majority of people who you say are dying from brexit probably voted for brexit themselves.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20492 on: September 07, 2019, 01:22:03 PM »

When Tories suggest it was Labour’s spending spree that left the country busto and forced austerity the left stroke their beards and point to global economic meltdown. So don’t really figure how global economic meltdown and Labour spending forcing austerity means Tories kill people.

Now if the uncertainty of Brexit is killing people we all know who’s extending that problem.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20493 on: September 07, 2019, 01:25:00 PM »

The price of a pint of beer in Wetherspoon pubs is being cut by an average of 20p from today as an example of how leaving the Customs Union can reduce costs, the company has announced

I have a couple of issues with this

I really don't understand why the Wetherspoons Board of Directors (particular independent non-executives) is allowing their Chairman to shape business communications based on his personal political hobby horse.

1. The UK has not left the Customs Union;
2. The Custom's Union tariff on beer is 0%.

Did you have a problem understanding the numerous other boards who allowed their senior people to do the same..except from a remain perspective

Very valid point tbf
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20494 on: September 07, 2019, 01:27:24 PM »

When Tories suggest it was Labour’s spending spree that left the country busto and forced austerity the left stroke their beards and point to global economic meltdown. So don’t really figure how global economic meltdown and Labour spending forcing austerity means Tories kill people.

Now if the uncertainty of Brexit is killing people we all know who’s extending that problem.

I haven't blamed this on the Tories, I have blamed it on folk who voted for Brexit. There are people out there that genuinely believe Brexit could have sorted in two weeks. And yes, of course we are faced with extending and you will of course blame this on remainers, but if the ERG came together and MP's on the tory benches actively supported the deal, then we wouldn't be in this position. Just getting there before you carry on blaming blocking brexit on remainers.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20495 on: September 07, 2019, 01:35:06 PM »

The coverage from all of the media has been terrible in all of this. People are forever seeing it from their own political side. Instead you'd gain more respect from the viewer/reader if your analysis of the political landscape wasn't blurred.

Lewis Goodall > for 18 months he's been banging on about an election, every little news snippet or quote leads to an election, apparently. He's sadly one of those folk that loves elections.

Guido Fawkes > These guys are lolz. They never have any good sources. But literally so pro-brexit they only post pro-brexit stuff

Newsnight > See above. They literally had a guy from Guido who thought Boris was the be all and end all, they'd win every vote and the Eu would budge on a deal and we'd leave. Hilarious.

BBC > Anti-brexit

Sky > Their coverage is clearly becoming more anti-brexit by the minute in the way they're paining Boris

The coverage is becoming frustrating.

Genuinely think we're going to see Boris call a no confidence in his own government. It's going to be annoying when we cancel Brexit soon & then all sat there asking why we didn't do it earlier.
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #20496 on: September 07, 2019, 01:39:15 PM »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/wetherspoon-pint-price-cut-beer-brexit-tim-martin-profits-pubs-a9094066.html

He has taken 20p of only one pint his entry level bitter which he probably sells chunks of and the brewer have probably reduced their price to him alongside short term loss leader wise because of the PR both businesses will receive from it. 

Cheers arb
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #20497 on: September 07, 2019, 01:42:07 PM »

More absolute lolfacts from lolrron.  The funny thing lolrron is the majority of people who you say are dying from brexit probably voted for brexit themselves.

Any thoughts on this lolrron?  Given the majority of people who voted remain are more intelliigent, wealthy, clean living etc etc you would imagine the logic would be that the majority of people who are dying liike you say because of brexit actually voted for brexiit themselves right?   Isn't that logical or would you rather not comment because it doesn't suit your argument ?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20498 on: September 07, 2019, 01:43:42 PM »

Well nobody talked openly about cancelling Brexit.

The leftie position was always leave and respecting referendum result.

Then JCorbs suddenly flip flops to remain whilst calling Boris dishonest.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20499 on: September 07, 2019, 01:57:31 PM »

Any thoughts on this lolrron?  Given the majority of people who voted remain are more intelliigent, wealthy, clean living etc etc you would imagine the logic would be that the majority of people who are dying liike you say because of brexit actually voted for brexiit themselves right?   Isn't that logical or would you rather not comment because it doesn't suit your argument ?

Your point is irrelevant - it doesn't matter who voted for Brexit, but the impact that vote is having.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #20500 on: September 07, 2019, 03:30:33 PM »

Ego = -----------------------
            Knowledge

"More the knowledge, lesser the ego
Lesser the knowledge more the ego"

Hmmmmm I wonder which thread that would equate too
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20501 on: September 07, 2019, 06:42:39 PM »

It will be another one he walks away from pops, we all know it.

I’ve never walked away from discussing the issues raised in this thread. As I’ve said before, the only reason why I’m here is because I believe there’s merit in discussing these things.

This isn’t a bad analysis, for sure it’s highly possible/likely that not all 120,000 are attributed directly to what the government, lots of them are though.

https://fullfact.org/health/austerity-120000-unnecessary-deaths/

Apologies to Rick for the approach I took in that sequence of posts.

Sometimes, I am sure you just find a nice juicy headline and don't read the article at all.

Extracts from this document that"proves your point"

Restrictions on health and social care spending is one of a number of possible explanations for this, and the findings need to be treated with a bit of caution.

“There was a report this week, we are getting 120,000 unnecessary deaths every year in this country as a direct result of the austerity.”

Val McDermid, 16 November 2017 (isn't Val a fiction writer???)

While lower growth in health and social care spending since 2010 may be behind the increase in deaths, these findings should be treated with caution as the research doesn’t prove this is the case. Reduced spending is one of a number of possible explanations for the results.

Older people accounted for more of these additional deaths, with deaths at care homes and at home contributing most to the estimated additional deaths. Deaths in hospital were lower than expected. The authors put this down to greater pressures on social care spending, but also a drive to move more patients reaching the end of possible health treatments out of hospital.
Lets think about this one a bit. Deaths were actually LOWER in hospitals. People sent off to care home, where they are looked after by Care Assistants, not Nurses. Hmm, what do we think the outcome is likely to be?

I struggle to see your headline 120,000 additional deaths due to austerity being in any way substantiated by this article..even the article questions its own numbers!

NEXT!

It goes without saying that I don’t think you understand. I am happy to try and do a better job of explaining if you’d like?

Carry on Rover, so far you haven't convinced anyone.

Oh, please keep up with the condescending put downs, it highlights your nice guy attributes.

So while I have been golfing today, more insults chucked, but as expected, still no reply to prove your point. You are right, it is insulting to be compared to you and your poor attempts at building yourself up, with F all to back it up, unless you have read it somewhere.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20502 on: September 07, 2019, 09:26:33 PM »

BREAKING: Amber Rudd the cabinet minister has resigned the Conservative whip and plans to run as an independent Conservative at the general election. See the Sunday Times

Says he is not serious about getting a deal and she asked to see the strategy, which was not forthcoming.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20503 on: September 07, 2019, 09:41:47 PM »

BREAKING: Nigel Farage tells the Sunday Times the Brexit party will not stand candidates against the 28 Tory Brexiteers who opposed May’s deal - and anyone else who vows not to back any deal

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20504 on: September 07, 2019, 09:43:57 PM »

NEW: Boris Johnson wants a Supreme Court battle over whether he can defy the rebel law demanding a Brexit extension

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1363 1364 1365 1366 [1367] 1368 1369 1370 1371 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: