blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:20:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1383 1384 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180621 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20790 on: September 13, 2019, 10:26:31 AM »

If you read the words quoted, that are attributed to JB and you disagree, you should be sectioned (if you lived in a country that had appropriately resourced mental health care).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49683797
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20791 on: September 13, 2019, 10:55:09 AM »

If you read the words quoted, that are attributed to JB and you disagree, you should be sectioned (if you lived in a country that had appropriately resourced mental health care).

In that lecture the serially biased JB said “what conceivable moral force do the public’s representatives have in seeking to tackle knife crime if we disregard a law enacted by parliament”

Obviously the prospect of being sectioned is unappealing so can you explain why I should agree that Boris not asking for a deal impacts knife crime

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20792 on: September 13, 2019, 11:33:05 AM »

In that lecture the serially biased JB said “what conceivable moral force do the public’s representatives have in seeking to tackle knife crime if we disregard a law enacted by parliament”

Obviously the prospect of being sectioned is unappealing so can you explain why I should agree that Boris not asking for a deal impacts knife crime

I should have been very clear that you don’t need to be sectioned if you are bizarrely radicalised Edited by mod

and if there isn’t a deal, we lose control of our society completely, I’d wager knife crime increases. I have sat in and teleconned in to many Local Resiilence Forum’s for London (obviously I’m a minor player but we will need environmental regulation), it will be meltdown, Gove had advisers in the meetings and Boris is very much aware.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 11:42:13 AM by TightEnd » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20793 on: September 13, 2019, 11:36:56 AM »

A Post has been deleted from the thread by the Mods.

Come on guys, it's a passionate topic, but let's keep away from personal insults.

Thanks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20794 on: September 13, 2019, 11:41:04 AM »

A Post has been deleted from the thread by the Mods.

Come on guys, it's a passionate topic, but let's keep away from personal insults.

Thanks.

I’ve sent a pm. Hope you understand x. Lots of love to most of you x
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20795 on: September 13, 2019, 11:45:44 AM »

I should have been very clear that you don’t need to be sectioned if you are bizarrely radicalised edited by mod

and if there isn’t a deal, we lose control of our society completely, I’d wager knife crime increases. I have sat in and teleconned in to many Local Resiilence Forum’s for London (obviously I’m a minor player but we will need environmental regulation), it will be meltdown, Gove had advisers in the meetings and Boris is very much aware.

Sounds realistic nice guy. Can you post a link to the evidence that in the event of No Deal we lose control of our society completely?

Or perhaps post a link to the opposition’s version of Yellowhammer. Would be interesting to read an impact statement considering the risks of abandoning Brexit and Remaining or a Corbyn government. Have much civil unrest do you expect? What affect does it have on political engagement? I’m sure you guys have properly assessed all the implications and produced a study right?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:04:55 PM by TightEnd » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
engy

View Profile
« Reply #20796 on: September 13, 2019, 12:37:06 PM »

The UK doesn’t make any isotopes. It gets 90% of the materials needed for scans and cancer treatments from the EU. Eurotom safeguards radioisotopes across the EU. Isotopes are used in medical scans and cancer treatment given to over 1 million people in the UK.

Just seen this on twitter, and also it has only a half shelf life so can't be stockpiled.

Is this something to be worried about as I've someone close going through treatment?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20797 on: September 13, 2019, 12:41:53 PM »

The UK doesn’t make any isotopes. It gets 90% of the materials needed for scans and cancer treatments from the EU. Eurotom safeguards radioisotopes across the EU. Isotopes are used in medical scans and cancer treatment given to over 1 million people in the UK.

Just seen this on twitter, and also it has only a half shelf life so can't be stockpiled.

Is this something to be worried about as I've someone close going through treatment?

It is. The vast majority comes from Ned/Bel/Fra and the Consultant i spoke to knows of no alternative plans in place yet.

We have put £1.4bn into Euratom and are about the lose the benefits it offers

Alternative sources from SA and Can but the distance is too far in the time available, even if cost is not a consideration

The most widely used isotope (called T something, a series of numbers) is transported in generator form so the 6 hour half life extends to a week, which is something

Personally, I am very much funking for a deal, any deal, that avoids these risks

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20798 on: September 13, 2019, 12:47:11 PM »

So I did promise TK I wouldn’t post. I have to make an exception here though. Everything will be outside of the UK’s control, actively getting in the way won’t happen (that would actually be moving towards decent grounds for war), the hold ups will be logistical. The normal routes won’t function, they will find other ways.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #20799 on: September 13, 2019, 12:50:19 PM »

So I did promise TK I wouldn’t post. I have to make an exception here though. Everything will be outside of the UK’s control, actively getting in the way won’t happen (that would actually be moving towards decent grounds for war), the hold ups will be logistical. The normal routes won’t function, they will find other ways.

As per Kush's answer this was from February this year
https://www.rcr.ac.uk/posts/medicines-and-radioisotope-supply-event-no-deal-brexit

Basically the plan is more air supply - there are still some questions from it but it suggests the most likely outcome is that use will be prioritized so some patients will have to wait longer.

The other queries were mainly about the extra cost and paperwork so shouldn't really affect patients.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #20800 on: September 13, 2019, 12:50:22 PM »

The good news is the Brexit Secretary has pointed out that two thirds of Ireland's medicines come through the UK so if we lose a few sick folk who weren't optimistic enough about no deal then at least it'll kill off a few Irish too.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20801 on: September 13, 2019, 03:29:07 PM »

We keeping coming back full circle to a point that keeps being ignored in favour of a more pathetic, overly dramatic line.

For example.

So these Ned/Bel etc companies selling isotopes have thousands of customers ready to take up the slack UK leaving EU leaves?

I would suggest they don't or they would already be selling to them.

In which case, my keen to scaremonger friends,, these companies will be trying as hard as we will be to ensure they can keep supplying us, so they keep making money. Its a strange two way thing this business malarky. A shame some of you guys just don't get it..
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:44:21 PM by BigAdz » Logged

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
engy

View Profile
« Reply #20802 on: September 13, 2019, 03:45:59 PM »

I think they definitely would still want to supply/ sell to us Adz, I was just reading into it what a no deal scenario would cause with delays getting it here
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20803 on: September 13, 2019, 03:51:43 PM »

Please.

Its not they don't want to trade,its disruptions in supply chains at borders that are so critical given the short life of the product.

Completely up in the air how long these disruptions last and the possible human cost of that is worrying a lot of people and their families potentially affected.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20804 on: September 13, 2019, 03:52:01 PM »

i was beaten to it, engy!

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1383 1384 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: