blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:28:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1527 1528 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180986 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22950 on: October 14, 2022, 06:03:02 PM »

OMG

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22951 on: October 14, 2022, 06:20:13 PM »

+1

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22952 on: October 20, 2022, 02:44:50 PM »

OMG

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #22953 on: October 20, 2022, 05:36:25 PM »

This is properly shit isn't it.

Like embarrassingly shite.

If we are to have a king, can he not step in here and say he will only call on a democratically elected PM

Boris fucking Johnson is the front runner.

We are going to have to start burning stuff and pulling statues down at this rate

It's utterly disastrous. They cannot govern

The guy who authored the 2010 austerity program was begging the king to call for starmer yesterday, as at least labour could govern

They are done.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22954 on: October 20, 2022, 05:57:09 PM »

Any thoughts the writers of "the thick of it" had of making a comeback have been dashed by how funny the shenanigans of Westminster are at the moment. They couldn't write something so absurd and funny if they tried. A sacked PM  back in charge would get slated by the TV critics as being unrealistic

Cymru am byth
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #22955 on: October 20, 2022, 10:10:34 PM »

If we are to have a king, can he not step in here and say he will only call on a democratically elected PM

Boris fucking Johnson is the front runner.

We are going to have to start burning stuff and pulling statues down at this rate

It's utterly disastrous. They cannot govern

The guy who authored the 2010 austerity program was begging the king to call for starmer yesterday, as at least labour could govern

They are done.

Yes - it's a shit show

But more people voted for the Conservatives than any other party in the last General Election
The Conservatives won more seats than any other party
Conservative MP's voted to nominate every potential Conservative Party Leader
Conservative members voted for who the new Conservative Party Leaders were going to be

And your idea of democracy is to get a hereditary, unelected Head of State to say - but you're doing it wrong, start again?

Or is it more like your last few lines - to preserve democracy we should just hand over power to the other side?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #22956 on: October 20, 2022, 10:24:21 PM »

they cannot govern. its not just they are not popular, they cannot get anything done. can't hold down offices of state, can't try an idea for longer than a week before backing down, it's a mess.

i supported them at the last election. but they are currently incapable of running a raffle.

we have a constitutional head of state - i wish we didn't, but we do.

if this shower can't do the decent thing and call an election, then i hope he steps in and puts an end to this nonsense. else i think we might have to pull churchill's statue down or summat egregious. i think civil unrest is called for at this point.

when someone as blue as lilico - he boasts that he is the author of the 2010 austerity progrema -  is calling for starmer you know the game is up. he simply wants people in place who can govern. basic-level, boring politics and at least give a pretence that we are not a basket case country
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #22957 on: October 20, 2022, 10:27:47 PM »

If Sunak had won the leadership election do you think the same thing would now be happening?

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #22958 on: October 20, 2022, 10:39:50 PM »

he didnt win the election. what is happening is happening.

there is no unifying candidate. the party won too many seats to be cohesive. the membership and MPs are at odds with each other.

they will foist a PM on us, and the party will dissolve into in-fighting again.

it cannot reasonably go on like this. there is too much stuff that needs to be done.

last night there was a very important vote that affected energy policy, planning, climate change -  you name it - fracking is an important issue. yet it was turned into a quasi-vote of confidence. unbelievable. MPs being shoved into lobbies, chieif whips resigning, a PM who missed the vote as she was having a shouting match with colleagues. it doesnt get any more tin-pot than yesterday. until today.

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1583113779478294528?s=20&t=9k3jdb7g3aP-YVSdh9fvzA

boris would seem to be the closest to being someone that could bring the party together, but already people are threatening to jump ship if the membership return him

"If that ego on sticks becomes leader of the Tory party I will surrender the whip.
"I have heard of one Conservative who will cross the floor.  Many of us will not stand for that man's leadership."

its untenable. they have to get a mandate from the electorate and fast.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #22959 on: October 20, 2022, 11:06:15 PM »

I'm not sure who Johnson would get in his cabinet in the unlikely event of a comeback.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #22960 on: October 20, 2022, 11:26:14 PM »

It’s time for the Conservative MPs to wake up and smell the coffee. One accepted candidate with a declared set of senior ministers lined up. A coalition of genuine Tory beliefs has to be put together over the weekend and a new leader/PM  confirmed by Tuesday.
Who? Fuck knows. Not Sunak though. Wallace seems sound.

Frankly, I have little faith in this mob who broke Hillaire Belloc’s rule when they let go of the hand of Nurse BoJo. But I have zero faith in the capabilities of Sir Keef Starmer and his ragtag band. Especially since the likelihood is that they will need the support of the LibDems.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #22961 on: October 21, 2022, 12:00:48 AM »

Not a chance I'd have considered voting for labour a month ago.

Now they have to be allowed a go at running the country

Its inconceivable that the Tories àre allowed to dispose of and reimpose Johnson over and over whilst being unable to decide on what path they want to take us down.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #22962 on: October 21, 2022, 09:07:50 AM »

Not a chance I'd have considered voting for labour a month ago.

Now they have to be allowed a go at running the country

Its inconceivable that the Tories àre allowed to dispose of and reimpose Johnson over and over whilst being unable to decide on what path they want to take us down.

What makes you think they would be any different?

They are all a shower of self serving clowns.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #22963 on: October 21, 2022, 09:42:04 AM »

because it literally cannot be worse than what we have.

truss announces an economic plan, tries it for a few days and then essentially say 'please don't repeat anything i've said back to me, we've changed our minds on all the big ideas".  we lose another chancellor, another home secretary and another PM.

labour could at least govern. the tory party cannot in it's present form.

most parties will have policies that benefit me in some way, harm me in others, some will be better or worse for different aspects of the country. i will never like everything a party does. i just ask that they go about business with some competence and a veneer of being about public service: high tax and investment in public services: fine, just make sure you actually go about improving them. low tax and a focus on growth: fine, just ensures it leads to competition that benefits consumers, and doesnt simply benefit the incumbent big corps

this lot can't get anything done, can't even pretend they are doing anything other than protect their seats, can't decide what direction they want to take us forward. can't keep anyone in place in high office for more than a few weeks.

will boris want his own chancellor and home secretary? what happens when he's forced to fuck off back abroad after a month of in fighting?

i would not have voted labour at any point in the last 20 years, but this is fucking abysmal.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 09:43:39 AM by teddybloat » Logged
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #22964 on: October 21, 2022, 09:50:56 AM »

because it literally cannot be worse than what we have.

truss announces an economic plan, tries it for a few days and then essentially say 'please don't repeat anything i've said back to me, we've changed our minds on all the big ideas".  we lose another chancellor, another home secretary and another PM.

labour could at least govern. the tory party cannot in it's present form.

most parties will have policies that benefit me in some way, harm me in others, some will be better or worse for different aspects of the country. i will never like everything a party does. i just ask that they go about business with some competence and a veneer of being about public service: high tax and investment in public services: fine, just make sure you actually go about improving them. low tax and a focus on growth: fine, just ensures it leads to competition that benefits consumers, and doesnt simply benefit the incumbent big corps

this lot can't get anything done, can't even pretend they are doing anything other than protect their seats, can't decide what direction they want to take us forward. can't keep anyone in place in high office for more than a few weeks.

will boris want his own chancellor and home secretary? what happens when he's forced to fuck off back abroad after a month of in fighting?

i would not have voted labour at any point in the last 20 years, but this is fucking abysmal.

You still seem to be pretty much basing your opinion just on what Liz Truss has done - not on the Conservative Party as a whole

So one leader massively screws up - that's your basis for ignoring democracy and just deciding the other side should have a go instead?

Don't get me wrong - if they elect a new leader and the government breaks again before Christmas - then that's approaching a constitutional crisis. But there seems to be a lot of generalisation over the entire party based on the actions of 3 of it's members (Truss, Kwarteng and Braverman)

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 ... 1527 1528 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: