blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:52:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  A Long Road Ahead
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Long Road Ahead  (Read 47364 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2015, 03:46:03 AM »

4th Mega ko 888, 34th Challenge 90 1r on there and shipped .fr supersonic again for 4.2. Decent session, got beat up a bit on a cash game which was a touch annoying. Decent session, kinda got my stack handed to me in supersonic. I won a big flip then managed to maneuver on the ft putting a lot of pressure on the medium stacks who opened. Few annoying bubbles and mincashes but happy overall and nice to book a winning Sunday. Going to play a lot early in November with Fcoop on. Few shots I'm looking forward too and lots of good reasons to grind. I think I'll play some this week too with some guys playing live in Malta.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2015, 02:39:08 AM »

I didn't play too much in the last week. I just ended up not feeling like it when it came to game time. Saturday I played a decent schedule, fted both omaha and o8 weekly 215s but didnt cash and had a smattering of runs/cashes. Sunday was much the same, the previously mentioned FCOOP started on Sunday. Originally I planned to play the 2.5k HR, 3 big recs were in the first 6 regged and .fr is a pain to get $ off. However, in the morning I saw Pads selling 30% and decided it would probably be skipped if he didn't fancy it. I ended up meeting halfway and playing the sats which were amazing value. I won a seat in the 300 and bricked the 200/500. I kept to the high value stuff after getting in and managed quite a few runs. I came 6th in a 109 6m on 888 for 1k which had 6k ftw, I had a decent stack but really got crippled by the board on the way down to the ft. Apart from that and a few other cashes the main highlight was 52nd in the ACR 500k Major losing a flip for a top 5 stack Sad Luckily with a few decent allins and table draws I managed to make day 2 of the 2.5k with 38k from 15k start. We came back to t700 so there was plenty of play, and I was relatively happy with my stack despite having hit 60k.

Day 2 went really well, I thought I could write a bit more tbh but the last paragraph took it out of me. Came in 1/6 on the FT and managed 2nd for 46k euro+change, it was 70 ftw. Feels a little bit like a blow, it would feel like a great title to have won and I had 800k out of 1.6m with 6 left so it will probably always feel like a bit of a missed opportunity. Overall, I'm a touch relieved and pretty happy. This year hadn't been great but the $ and the fact that I'm relatively happy with my performance. 3 handed was extremely tough and my icm edge disappeared around here, so not to be too disappointed. I could have made a bad call to ko the guy who won when I opened TT, utg+1 shoved for 17 and he reshoved for 35bb. Too much discipline perhaps lol. I'll try and post a few hands etc over the next few days. Gonna grab a beer and pass out.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2015, 03:38:31 AM »

Oioiiii, nice one, congrats
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2015, 04:47:38 AM »

Nice bink mate!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2015, 09:58:42 AM »

That's great news to wake up to, wp.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2015, 10:31:12 AM »

Great score , gratz

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2015, 11:31:02 AM »

Oioi sick result mate

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2015, 12:48:05 PM »

Superb stuff, congrats!

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2015, 06:04:18 AM »

5th Big 55 Thursday with a few cashes. Won one of my biggest pots in bb with set>set>set in Omaha where the world pinged in on the turn and I was still 91%. Saturday went well too and I won the 82 nlo8 weekly for 2.8 and a few nlhe runs but no highlights. Just finished 8th in the 500e PKO on .fr for about 4k. Probably puts me in the plus for the day, lost a flip 11 left to have 500k instead of 1.1m and struggled from there. I found some hands after 40 mins or so and got some reshoves through. A while later I play the hand below. I don't think I have too many bluffs here and I feel like I have a significant range advantage as he shoves a lot of the 7x/2prs/fds. He might not have enough of a call twice and fold range but he tanked this hand so I think I'll forget about it.

Poker Stars €235+€235+€30 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t12500/t25000 Blinds + t3125 - 8 players - View hand 2814747
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: t594196       M = 9.51
UTG+1: t820847       M = 13.13
MP1: t929560       M = 14.87
MP2: t424379       M = 6.79
CO: t665080       M = 10.64
BTN: t627221       M = 10.04
SB: t964551       M = 15.43
Hero (BB): t584166       M = 9.35

Pre Flop: (t62500) Hero is BB with K :heart: 4 :heart:
6 folds, SB raises to t55000, Hero calls t30000

Flop: (t135000) 7 :heart: 6 :diamond: 5 :diamond: (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t59400, SB calls t59400

Turn: (t253800) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t111672, SB calls t111672

River: (t477144) Q :club: (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t354969 all in, SB calls t354969

He calls with AdAs.

Satted into the 2k on Party for 109$ but lost j6ss on j98ss vs 98 which was a shame. It might have been a mistake to play the sat as it took up a decent amount of concentration at the end and I had plenty of tables. One of those things I guess.

Hoping for a big week this week and thanks a lot for the congratulation messages, it means a lot. Gl guys.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2015, 03:53:07 AM »

Really lazy week playing wise but I did do a fair bit of studying. FCOOP leaderboard was a .1% shot by Tuesday and I arranged a session with a Horse on Thursday and he missed it. Today went well, 5th 109t psko, 2nd 109 on 888 and 4th in 55r. Played 1k cash hands too across 3 sites and despite having some big swings in bb terms I managed a win. 1 table left but I'm probably quitting soon, games ran round an unknown guy who was just a bit tight, if I hadn't fancied playing I probably would have quit. Got some action on a fairly quiet site too and the games were crazy. Didn't last too long but its certainly reminded me that the Stars changes aren't the end of the world. Bit more of a standard Sunday tomorrow, FCOOP 1k Main should be excellent and a lot of fun.

Quick hand from the 109 turbo ft. I had a big bounty and hadn't done much 25 hands into the ft apart from peel the cl twice and check multiple streets before folding and winning a flip vs a small stack. The bounty on my head was 1500 so my opponent is kind of inclined to bluff and there can be a lot of levelling in these spots. I 3b to a similar size from the BB the previous hand and I certainly wasn't in love with 3b/calling, it seemed like it would be fine vs his level of aggression. Might be an ICM disaster, but this is kind of a top heavy tournament and I probably have 60+% equity when we get it in.

PokerStars Hand #143831923578: Tournament #1372128000, $50+$50+$9 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XXX (6000/12000) - 2015/11/14 22:42:32 CET [2015/11/14 16:42:32 ET]
Table '1372128000 33' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 2: RyderRock (232905 in chips)
Seat 4: diplimatao (110539 in chips)
Seat 5: Hoelle1 (872022 in chips)
Seat 7: bRe3za (136760 in chips)
Seat 8: Demonic16 (477774 in chips)
RyderRock: posts the ante 1500
diplimatao: posts the ante 1500
Hoelle1: posts the ante 1500
bRe3za: posts the ante 1500
Demonic16: posts the ante 1500
Demonic16: posts small blind 6000
RyderRock: posts big blind 12000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Demonic16 [ ]
diplimatao: folds
Hoelle1: raises 15900 to 27900
bRe3za: folds
Demonic16: raises 62890 to 90790
RyderRock: folds
Hoelle1: raises 779732 to 870522 and is all-in
Demonic16: calls 385484 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (394248) returned to Hoelle1
*** FLOP *** [ ]
*** TURN *** [ ] []
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Demonic16: shows [ ] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
Hoelle1: shows [As two spades] (a flush, Ace high)
Hoelle1 collected 972048 from pot
Hoelle1 wins $797.26 for eliminating Demonic16 and their own bounty increases by $797.25 to $2219.09
Demonic16 finished the tournament in 5th place and received $1647.00.
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 972048 | Rake 0
Board [ ]
Seat 2: RyderRock (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: diplimatao folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Hoelle1 showed [As two spades] and won (972048) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 7: bRe3za (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Demonic16 (small blind) showed [ ] and lost with a straight, Ten to Ace

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2015, 12:07:06 PM »

A2  must be the new pre nuts   Sad   Given your correct read on the aggro opponent I don't think it was an ICM disaster

Well Done with the 42k bink though  Smiley

Keep it Up Adam
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2015, 04:29:49 PM »

Cheers Fraser, thanks mate. Well done, on 3rd btw another great run. What a feeling you must get walking into DTD

Sunday was the Yin to Saturdays Yang. I hope that is correct. There isn't a tremendous amount to say when sessions go like that. It wasn't the outright bludgeoning you sometimes get as an mtter but everything just petered out. I was desperately trying to save the day at 2am and just lost my next five allins. What can you do.

Monday I woke up quite late and felt groggy. I've been reading the internet/books a lot in bed when I wake up lately and I think it just makes things a bit lethargic. I woke up at 11am today and felt much better despite sleeping for 5 hours instead of the usual 8. I didn't play at all yesterday, I waited with some lobbies open and railed a horse to an fcoop main cash and another got 3rd in a decent comp. I don't want to say too much as I think they want anonymity but it was good to see and there were enough strategic differences to discuss throughout. We spent some time discussing some pretty out there gto concepts about equilibrium strategies and that was extremely interesting but probably not terribly useful.

I'm going to book in for some sessions with Elliot this week, as he is probably feeling somewhat neglected and I have a decent amount on my mind at the moment which isn't affecting my in game confidence but may be part of my reluctance to start sessions. I'm also really considering hiring a coach for some hours. This is a reasonably big decision as I think I would need to spend a reasonable amount for someone I really respect and that could help elevate my game. It'd also be pretty cool to have someone like Fedor as a coach from an experience stand point. I have a couple of other ideas that are a touch wackier involving giving out action in return for coaching and this might be the way to go but before I undertake a commitment that big I would have to discuss a lot with several friends. Shoutout to Pads here, I think many people on the forum know we are good friends and I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way. I think a slight change in direction from the strategy we discuss could be beneficial and that actually paying someone might be more motivating. I owe a lot to many of my friends for the help they have given me and I don't want them to feel like I'm not grateful. I do find it a touch embarrassing to make mistakes in front of friends, particularly in poker, so I think I might find it easier to be examined so closely by someone who I am not friends with.  It might also turn out that I send off a bunch of pms to friends and try to work that way as it might be significantly cheaper and equally as worthwhile but I thought I'd express a bit more and see what people thought.

Not 100% I'll play tonight as Tuesday is probably one of my lower hourly nights to play mtts as the average fields in everything become tougher but I do quite fancy something.

Gonna say goodbye for now but I'll try to post again later in the week.

peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2015, 06:29:09 PM »

Good evening from Lanzarote Adam, watching England nudge n nurdle to another ODI win.
Last night we ate here, bloody marvellous fresh pasta with a nice Italian red.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g652121-d5933877-Reviews-Ninen_Lanzarote-Playa_Blanca_Lanzarote_Canary_Islands.html
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2015, 10:55:37 AM »

I don't really know where last week went. I played Wednesday and Thursday, got a touch drunk Friday and wrote Saturday off as a bad job. I had to get up to be sick at 6am, and continued to be sick for the next 5 hours or so. I felt ok later on but having struggled to eat and being quite tired I decided to not play. Sunday was pretty fun if not profitable. I cashed something like 25% of my comps, played some really good poker I think but unfortunately couldn't push on once in the money. I had 50% of a friend who got 12th in the Daily55 double too, which really hurt as I knew it would mean so much to him. He lost 88 vs AKs/AKo when a heart hit the river. I think he would be 3/10 if he'd held and I quite fancy him to take it down if that happens.

Pads did a bunch of work with me last night, he went through a lot of my stats and basically told me where he thought the optimal line was, what mine was and the possible areas I need to improve on. Fortunately, there were a few trends across the streets that help bring everything together and I think I'd been working on a few of these spots in my head without checking to see if it was changing. A few months ago I thought my cbet was too low and had tried to up it, Pads said it was a touch lower than he'd like currently which felt kinda nice because its something I'd already looked into a bit. I'm going to copy everything he said into a document so I can compare my hud stats in another 50k hands or so.

Didn't do much yesterday apart from sort out some minor housing problems like changing lightbulbs, doing life things like shopping and hopefully today I'll get sorted with a euro bank account. Had a bit of a hassle doing most of my winning on .fr as it is a pain to get money out, but I think I will have found the best/cheapest route. A week on Wednesday I head over to my girlfriends for 5 days, then over to EPT Prague and then home for Christmas before I join my girlfriend back in Budapest at New Year. A really exciting month and hopefully a big one.

Plans for this week mostly involve in studying, a few cash game session, maybe 2x midweek tourney sessions and a possible live excursion to the Budapest Poker Open. I think its a 750e comp with 3 day1s weds-fri and day 2 Saturday. We shall see anyway. Peace guys and gl.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2015, 02:37:34 PM »

I spent the last hour or so thinking about the best way to improve my game with the information Pads gave me and I think I thought of two pretty obvious things that I've been doing bits and bobs of but not really enough. Review previous tournaments played, and find examples of where I did something wrong and use software to examine spots to find the types of hands I should perhaps check over betting on the river (for example). I have been  a little reluctant to review my own play on my own before, as I always felt that looking back over decisions I examined in the moment would be bad, but I think reviewing more average tournaments compared to one you did particularly well in (/ran well in) will be more useful to find the hands that have slipped through the cracks, and trying to find any patterns that relate to what Pads told me to look for and improve on. I think this will completely wipe video watching out of my range of study activities, and it has felt like some of the less useful time I have spent, watching some has enabled me to see how others think and that is something I should continue to look at, but at a lower proportion of my time then it is now.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: