blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:18:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015  (Read 34438 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2015, 10:30:14 AM »

How did Liverpool get so much money for a guy everyone knew realistically they HAD to sell this summer? City have paid way too much, can't actually quite believe the 49m figure lol.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2015, 10:37:41 AM »

Didn't seem to be anyone else interested in the player.  City should have just stuck at their original offer and given Liverpool a take it or leave it offer.  Fair play to Liverpool.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2015, 07:40:49 PM »

Hugo Lloris has fractured his wrist and is set to be sidelined for 2-3 months.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2015, 09:25:19 AM »

Comical quite in today's Times.

Raheem Sterling was asked what attracted him to City, as he signed a contract that will earn him £180,000 per week.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2015, 01:13:33 PM »

Looks to me that Mark Hughes is doing exactly what he did at QPR that got him the sack.

Buying lots of fringe players from the big clubs.

Beware Stoke fans, this does not work.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2015, 01:40:45 PM »

Watford add Nyom (Cameroon's right back) and close to Steven Berghuis a winger from AZ Alkmar.  At this rate it will only be Deeney, Abdi, Vydra and Angella getting much of a look in from last season.  Looks like Stambouli is going to PSG instead of us now (presumably as Cabaye replacement).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2015, 01:46:06 PM »

Watford add Nyom (Cameroon's right back) and close to Steven Berghuis a winger from AZ Alkmar.  At this rate it will only be Deeney, Abdi, Vydra and Angella getting much of a look in from last season.  Looks like Stambouli is going to PSG instead of us now (presumably as Cabaye replacement).

This is another mistake QPR made.

Totally rip up the team which won promotion with a lot of foreign imports. Terrible for team spirit (and team spirit looked a massive positive with the Watford squad last season)

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2015, 01:47:43 PM »

Just the six seasons on loan for Nyom in Spain Dung!

Very solid strong right back good defensively
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2015, 02:17:54 PM »

This is another mistake QPR made.

Totally rip up the team which won promotion with a lot of foreign imports. Terrible for team spirit (and team spirit looked a massive positive with the Watford squad last season)

To be fair it's just replacing one bunch of foreign imports with an upgraded group.  Watford have turned over their playing staff hugely in all of the last 4 summers.  Deeney/Abdi/Forrestieri the only ones who have been there all the way through.   What is odd is that Watford haven't really let anybody go yet except Tozer and Bond, so squad looks huge at the moment.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »

Yeah - must be the longest loan ever!  Much as I like Paredes, his positional sense is poor and I sense he would be exploited time and again in the Premier.

I am still waiting for Layun to show his Mexico form, although we keep playing him out of position.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2015, 02:24:12 PM »

Yeah - must be the longest loan ever!  Much as I like Paredes, his positional sense is poor and I sense he would be exploited time and again in the Premier.

I am still waiting for Layun to show his Mexico form, although we keep playing him out of position.

I remember when the takeover happened it was suggested the owners would completely move focus from Udinese to Watford. I wonder if they are re evaluating this now the Premier League is even more awash with money it is even harder to move a promoted side up to the top half so quickly?

Agree re the imports most of these players are known to each-other through Udinese/Granada so in a weird way despite the turnover of playing staff the spirit should be fine.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2015, 02:30:54 PM »

I'm worried Udinese fans might be getting upset - we were trying to get Brito for Watford and part of the deal was Allan goes from Udinese to Napoli and Napoli pay Udinese a big fee as well.  Ditto they were trying to use El Arabi of Granada as leverage to get Max Gradel to Watford.

I'm hoping Watford are now in a position to send fringe players to Granada (eg Paredes, Forestieri even Layun).  So far Watford have just been takers so would be good to give something back so relations don't go sour.

Ultimately I think if they could stablise Watford like a West Brom, then they could leverage the cash earned to allow Udinese to challenge better for Serie A Europa league qualification. 
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2015, 03:45:56 PM »

Raheem Sterling was asked what attracted him to City, as he signed a contract that will earn him £180,000 per week.

Ah come on Tikay!

Yes, he'll be getting paid very handsomely, just like every quality player in the PL. But I think it's about time the stigma attached with signing for City these days was dropped. The question isn't 'why would Sterling leave Liverpool for City?', it's 'why wouldn't he leave Liverpool for City?'. He can play Champions League football every year, have a genuine chance of winning medals, and hone his skills alongside the likes of Silva, Toure and Aguero.

I'm not naïve, I'm sure he's licking his lips at earning so much money, but joining City at this moment in time means so much more than just an extra zero or 2 on your wage slip.

We had it with Nasri, where people questioned the move despite him winning bugger all at Arsenal, and then wins the double in his first season with us. We'll have it with Sterling, and probably other future signings, part and parcel of being filthy rich I guess, but if people dug a little deeper instead of towing the tired media line, they'd see just how appealing a move to Manchester is at present and beyond.

Good to have you back on UK soil btw Smiley

Best Bitter.
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2015, 07:34:45 PM »

I'm worried Udinese fans might be getting upset - we were trying to get Brito for Watford and part of the deal was Allan goes from Udinese to Napoli and Napoli pay Udinese a big fee as well.  Ditto they were trying to use El Arabi of Granada as leverage to get Max Gradel to Watford.

I'm hoping Watford are now in a position to send fringe players to Granada (eg Paredes, Forestieri even Layun).  So far Watford have just been takers so would be good to give something back so relations don't go sour.

Ultimately I think if they could stablise Watford like a West Brom, then they could leverage the cash earned to allow Udinese to challenge better for Serie A Europa league qualification. 

I assumed they would sending a lot of their top players to Watford with the new TV deal kicking in after this season
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2015, 11:57:27 PM »

Ah come on Tikay!

Yes, he'll be getting paid very handsomely, just like every quality player in the PL. But I think it's about time the stigma attached with signing for City these days was dropped. The question isn't 'why would Sterling leave Liverpool for City?', it's 'why wouldn't he leave Liverpool for City?'. He can play Champions League football every year, have a genuine chance of winning medals, and hone his skills alongside the likes of Silva, Toure and Aguero.

I'm not naïve, I'm sure he's licking his lips at earning so much money, but joining City at this moment in time means so much more than just an extra zero or 2 on your wage slip.

We had it with Nasri, where people questioned the move despite him winning bugger all at Arsenal, and then wins the double in his first season with us. We'll have it with Sterling, and probably other future signings, part and parcel of being filthy rich I guess, but if people dug a little deeper instead of towing the tired media line, they'd see just how appealing a move to Manchester is at present and beyond.

Good to have you back on UK soil btw Smiley

Don't be silly mate. City aren't a big club and have no history.....Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: