blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:37:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015  (Read 34448 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2015, 03:39:37 PM »

Apparently, if the Cabaye deal goes through, it was on the basis that he had assurances that we would buy even more class, and I wonder who we said we were interested in to quell him. I think Austin would, but with the amount of interest in him from a lot of parties, I am not holding my breath. I do think Cabaye's signature would make Palace a much better proposition, and may tip a lot of players' views of Palace being a relegation embroiled team, one or two more quality signings and Palace could be seen as a "safe" mid table outfit. Which I would revel in indefinitely if it was to become a reality with cup runs providing the occasional impetus (a man can dream) and not ever suffer from Charlton Athletic syndrome.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2015, 04:56:52 PM »

The leading English players get a little over £1k/week. But the lowest paid are on peanuts.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33114171

Interesting article.

Still surprising Chelsea are paying a fee for Fran Kirby.

Which side would you take o/u 100k?

Under, under, under.

Young, skilful and possibly the most marketable player in women's football after the England boss called her "mini Messi".

How about u/o 50k?

Well I could be completely wrong but I'd still take the under. I'm thinking something nominal, £10k/£20K/?
Her coach calling her 'mini messi', meh. My coach called me supersub David Fairclough. Actually I was just crap, that's why I was always sub Smiley
I doubt shes anywhere near as marketable as Alex Morgan. But maybe she is, for a short window. She'd want to get signed up with sponsorship sharpish as that window can close.
Stephanie Roche was huge here in Ireland after she scored that goal that finished 2nd in the 2014 FIFA Puskás Award, whilst playing in the weak Irish womens national league.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyiI2jZTnhU
She immediately signed for a French outfit. Then signed for a US team as all the FIFA awards ceremonies were going on. But she's not very good and they soon realised that! So they released her after 2 games. And she's now signed for Sunderland.
She's still crap but she has done pretty well commercially during her 15 minutes of fame.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2015, 07:11:51 PM »

The leading English players get a little over £1k/week. But the lowest paid are on peanuts.

Interesting article.

Under, under, under.

Young, skilful and possibly the most marketable player in women's football after the England boss called her "mini Messi".

How about u/o 50k?

Well I could be completely wrong but I'd still take the under. I'm thinking something nominal, £10k/£20K/?
Her coach calling her 'mini messi', meh. My coach called me supersub David Fairclough. Actually I was just crap, that's why I was always sub Smiley
I doubt shes anywhere near as marketable as Alex Morgan. But maybe she is, for a short window. She'd want to get signed up with sponsorship sharpish as that window can close.
Stephanie Roche was huge here in Ireland after she scored that goal that finished 2nd in the 2014 FIFA Puskás Award, whilst playing in the weak Irish womens national league.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyiI2jZTnhU
She immediately signed for a French outfit. Then signed for a US team as all the FIFA awards ceremonies were going on. But she's not very good and they soon realised that! So they released her after 2 games. And she's now signed for Sunderland.
She's still crap but she has done pretty well commercially during her 15 minutes of fame.

I think I have never seen a more aesthetically pleasing goal in my life, should never have come second.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2015, 08:53:06 PM »

Interesting article.

Under, under, under.

How about u/o 50k?

Looks like £50k might be about the figure;
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fran-kirby-chelsea-bid-accepted-9615018
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2015, 12:40:33 AM »

9am press conference tomorrow morning for Cabaye by the looks of it.

£6m + squad players in a swap deal for Austin also being reported. Campbell, Bannan, Guediora the names mentioned.

Talk of Dann, who imo was probably in the top 5 cb's last season in the prem, to sign a new deal which would quell links with Everton.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2015, 11:38:26 AM »

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2015, 11:44:45 AM »

Wow - shock signing of the summer for me.  How much did Palace pay?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2015, 12:00:57 PM »

Wow - shock signing of the summer for me.  How much did Palace pay?

10m, rising to 12.5m and on close to, if not 100k a week according to reports.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2015, 07:20:33 PM »

Stoke pull out of £12 million Xherdan Shaqiri deal after player ignores them

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/11732595/Stoke-City-pull-out-of-12-million-Xherdan-Shaqiri-deal.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2015, 07:35:43 PM »

Delph to Man citeh Huh?

How much will they be paying for a Brit with 4+years left on his new contract?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2015, 08:02:50 PM »

Delph to Man citeh Huh?

It looks like he's got a buyout clause in it around £10m, which seems ridiculous!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2015, 08:47:25 PM »

Delph to Man citeh Huh?

It looks like he's got a buyout clause in it around £10m, which seems ridiculous!

I saw £8m quoted. Might have add ons, of course.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2015, 08:05:53 AM »

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2015, 05:38:40 PM »

According to Bild, Bayerns President (no, not the one in jail for tax fraud, the other one!) announced the deal was done in front of 70.000 fans and asked them to 'understand the situation from all sides'; whatever the fuck that means.

Side note: fat Mike broke his transfer record with Wijnaldum. Happy with that. More please!
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2015, 01:59:08 PM »

Schneiderlin deal seems all but done now with United.

Jordy Clasie will be joining Saints from Feyenoord as a direct replacement. Big shoes to fill, Schneiderlin is the most consistent player I have watched over the last 10 years.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: