blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:50:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272769 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Wimbledon 2015
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon 2015  (Read 23974 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2015, 02:51:10 PM »

I hope that Castle's opening three minute monologue is not going to be the order of the afternoon.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2015, 05:10:23 PM »

Anyone looking for a bet in tomorrow's final should back Federer at a shade of odds against. Both players are in better form than last year, when I thought Federer should have won, but Federer's performance against Murray on Friday was sensational. I am not as confident as I was that Gasquet would beat Wawrinka, or that Federer would beat Murray, so don't give all your profit back on this one.

I am not having a pop Hector, but why on earth would you think the odds were wrong?

The whole world has seen Federer is playing beautifully and Novak might be slightly below his best.

But that is reflected by the odds. If bookmakers had been asked to price up a potential Fed v Djoko final before the tournament started it would have been 1/2 v 2/1 or 4/7 v 7/4.

The fact that Fed is is on fire means he's 11/10 not 15/8

I totally accept the odds on the world 100 v the world 120 in the first round of the Timbuktu Open might be wrong, but Federer v Djokovich in the Wimbledon final? Near enough impossible.

Hector freerolling me obviously. Will only reply if Federer wins Smiley

WP sir.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2015, 05:42:45 PM »

Anyone looking for a bet in tomorrow's final should back Federer at a shade of odds against. Both players are in better form than last year, when I thought Federer should have won, but Federer's performance against Murray on Friday was sensational. I am not as confident as I was that Gasquet would beat Wawrinka, or that Federer would beat Murray, so don't give all your profit back on this one.

I am not having a pop Hector, but why on earth would you think the odds were wrong?

The whole world has seen Federer is playing beautifully and Novak might be slightly below his best.

But that is reflected by the odds. If bookmakers had been asked to price up a potential Fed v Djoko final before the tournament started it would have been 1/2 v 2/1 or 4/7 v 7/4.

I totally accept the odds on the world 100 v the world 120 in the first round of the Timbuktu Open might be wrong, but Federer v Djokovich in the Wimbledon final? Near enough impossible.

WP sir.

I got involved as a troll and got no replies!!! You are free rolling hector now when Djokovic 2-1 up!!!!! I am having a laugh before all hell breaks loose.  Let's get the bottle in the hod for TFT. 
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2015, 05:46:05 PM »

You miss my point Tom.

Never been to the golf and stood around applauding people who have been given a freebie.

Nor the Footy

Nor the racing- bar Royal Ascot

I could go on.

Why Tennis?
It also happens at world title fights in boxing.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2015, 06:11:44 PM »

Djokovic has played in the toughest era in pro tennis without doubt. He has had no chance to win a French because of the drug cheat.  He has run into the greatest ever on the lawns.  He is for me the greatest player of all time.  Forget about number of slams and all that bullshit.  He is a total machine.  He is the greatest ever to play the game for me.

At no time in his career did he ever have the chance to win a soft slam like fed did at the start of his career for several years.  Look at some of the guys fed beat in finals in his early years and try and not fall off your chair laughing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:16:11 PM by arbboy » Logged
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2015, 07:30:25 PM »

WP sir.

I got involved as a troll and got no replies!!! You are free rolling hector now when Djokovic 2-1 up!!!!! I am having a laugh before all hell breaks loose.  Let's get the bottle in the hod for TFT. 

Yeah, the second post was trolling, hands up I admit it. Should have made the post just before the final started.

But the first one wasn't, I honestly wanted to know if I was missing something. It was nigh on impossible Federer was a good bet, but possible that Novak was.

But I would never have backed him value or not.

Two things I could never bet against: Roger Federer and Queens Park Rangers.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2015, 11:52:37 PM »

WP sir.

Hector never replies to those who question the thinking behind his picks unfortunately.
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2015, 08:58:23 PM »

The best point in the whole tournament this year....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/33519071

Carpe Diem
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2015, 09:04:35 PM »

WP sir.

Hector never replies to those who question the thinking behind his picks unfortunately.

This is disappointing if true.

I started TFT with the hope people would share information and knowledge. Not to have random punts because they think someone or some team is playing well or badly.

Sad that someone as shrewd as Hector won't share his knowhow.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2015, 09:57:00 PM »

To be fair my sample size is only two! (Murray v Verdasco 2014 and Bautista Agut v Cuevas in 2015) But both times I questioned selections in terms of value I got no response unless I missed it so I gave up after that.  Perhaps these are isolated oversights or he was busy etc. 
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2015, 09:59:55 PM »

To be fair my sample size is only two! (Murray v Verdasco 2014 and Bautista Agut v Cuevas in 2015) But both times I questioned selections in terms of value I got no response unless I missed it so I gave up after that.  Perhaps these are isolated oversights or he was busy etc. 

Well, he didn't reply to my post, so now he's 3 for 3.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2015, 12:17:35 AM »

To be fair my sample size is only two! (Murray v Verdasco 2014 and Bautista Agut v Cuevas in 2015) But both times I questioned selections in terms of value I got no response unless I missed it so I gave up after that.  Perhaps these are isolated oversights or he was busy etc.  

I have no idea about his response rate but, without aftertiming as i said this before the final, Federer could literally never be the value in the final last weekend.  They were betting 6/4 8/1 pre event.  How on earth could Federer be value at 11/10 even accounting for his slightly tougher draw through out the two weeks?

The only reason i didn't put up a lumpy bet at 1.95 djok was tighty would shit himself and say we already have him for the lot ante post at 2/1.  I don't work like that i just get involved again if the price is wrong but fred is slightly more conservative shall we say and are more likely to lock in than go in again.  

ps does anyone know hector in real life?  I don't.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:27:39 AM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2015, 01:29:03 AM »

pps i hate sounding like adz after the event.  I just re read my post back and i do sound like adz!  Sorry everyone.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2015, 03:41:32 AM »

I'm surprised anyone posts when there is a lynch mob out at every turn.

Camel. You point out that you started TFT so people would explain their picks. This isn't TFT, it's the Wimbledon area.

However. At least he puts his head on the block. for a pro punter, we get very little from you, to then criticise others for actually doing it. It's sad that I feel quite so nervous putting that, because no doubt I will get a right royal slating, but so what. It's the truth, I can only get called the same old names so often, and I will be joining a very long list of select names that you can't stand, so I will be in good company, at least. Wink Cheesy

As for arbboy, well you will never sound like me. I could never sound quite so full of myself over picking a fav that was the clear form choice, ranked clear world number one and has already won the event on multiple occasions. Countdown for a tirade on how I would never recognise value, I don't have a clue about betting etc.

Anyway. I'm sure hector doesn't need me fighting his battles. He has always been a true gent in all my dealings with him, and I'm sure he will reply in his own style, when he sees fit. Certainly not because you lot have called him out.

Flame away. I'm back off to bed.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2015, 10:14:43 AM »

I have no idea about his response rate but, without aftertiming as i said this before the final, Federer could literally never be the value in the final last weekend.  They were betting 6/4 8/1 pre event.  How on earth could Federer be value at 11/10 even accounting for his slightly tougher draw through out the two weeks?

The only reason i didn't put up a lumpy bet at 1.95 djok was tighty would shit himself and say we already have him for the lot ante post at 2/1.  I don't work like that i just get involved again if the price is wrong but fred is slightly more conservative shall we say and are more likely to lock in than go in again. 

ps does anyone know hector in real life?  I don't.

come now

what nonsense. just recommend stuff for tft, the times i baulk pale into comparison to the times i place it in full if i can

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: