blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:48:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  redarmi Staking Issue: Sports betting
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: redarmi Staking Issue: Sports betting  (Read 71141 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 07, 2015, 02:36:49 PM »

For the record I wasn't involved in Blatchgate and I'm not involved in this and I still think you should have been on the hook for Pads' stake. This is purely based on my opinion that a vouch is a vouch and a gentleman is true to their word.

Ok thanks.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 07, 2015, 02:40:20 PM »

For the record I wasn't involved in Blatchgate and I'm not involved in this and I still think you should have been on the hook for Pads' stake. This is purely based on my opinion that a vouch is a vouch and a gentleman is true to their word.

Ok thanks.

You're welcome

Ah! The element of surprise
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: July 07, 2015, 02:53:07 PM »

Pads,

I don't think anyone should give any money back to Stu to redistribute. I'd also like to request that Stu sends a list of investors and amounts to the poker player that owes money and ask him to send the money pro rata to the investors directly.

We really have no idea what financial position Stu is in. He may have a large overdraft that would swallow up any money sent.

If £4k was lost betting, £12k stolen by a friend of a friend, £3k owed by a poker player. Then that leaves £11k. We know £1500 was repaid to Pads and £500 to Arbboy.

I really think it's about time Stu told us what happened to the other £9k that he promised to send weeks ago. Stu, if you don't want to reply on here then an email to all investors please.

I have sent over 20 emails in the past 3 months asking the same question Mrs Bandit to stu.  I asked him as a friend to open up and let me know if there are personal issues he wants to discuss with me outside of the money.  ie family issues which have caused this/crisis etc.  Literally nothing has come back.  He stands by his story (which doesn't add up like you say otherwise there would be £11k sitting in his bank)  Like you say the maths is simple.  There is £11k 'missing'.  He has never once commented on that in numerous replies i have had from him.  I get the impression he is never going to tell us where the money went.  I think we have to accept that now and move onto collecting the money.

John has also sent a detailed email to him which he showed me prior to sending saying the same thing.  He is currently in vegas playing the wsop main event and hasn't got back to me as to whether stu has replied.

Sorry I don't agree with that. He should be made to account for the missing money. He should also be made to provide details of the friend and the friend of a friend or admit it wasn't true. Stu is alleging theft and that is a serious matter.

Sure i agree totally.  I have asked him if the Police (no gags please from Blatch fans!) were called.  I think this is a reasonable question to ask given someone has effectively stolen £12k from him.  I have asked for an audit trail of where the money has gone since it was transferred to his bank.  I have pretty much asked for anything possible to prove his story is nonsense.  We all know it is.  He knows it is.  I am getting the opinion that he just thinks he can pay it back in his own time and not have to answer questions.  I don't really know what else i can do/ask him as he just doesn't answer any questions relating to these key issues.

He isn't stupid.  He has been a board director on a PLC gaming company in his late 20's.  He knows all about reporting/audit trails etc etc.

He clearly hasn't got the money.  Where it has gone is anyone's guess.  Spinning it up to try and get out is probably fav.  Family crisis/medical bills in the USA for his family are possible.  TBH i have asked so many times and got nothing back at all yet he still emails me and just avoids the tricky questions i am getting to the point where as long as we get our money back i couldn't actually care what he has done with the money.  I can't do anymore than i have to get blood out of a stone,  in reality if he doesn't want to tell us where the money went wtf can we realistically do?  Given his career/job i would find it highly unlikely he would risk that by not paying back in full eventually.  He has no other income streams so his job is highly important to him.

I don't want this to come across as standing up for him or being in on the coup etc but i am just being realistic after spending hours and hours typing emails and skypes to try and get him to open up to me as a mate about it.

I am all ears if you have other ideas which will help get the money back quicker.  Personally i am past caring where it is gone.  I just want the money repaid asap by him which he says he will do.  It is in his interests for his job and image in the game to sort it asap logically.

Out of curiosity I looked up the name of said company. Interesting. Definitely made a bad bet here*. Hindsight is 20/20 though http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/10/1094789682868.html?from=storyrhs

*the company I mean
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 07, 2015, 02:56:31 PM »

Ok thanks.

Just to clarify Arb when I asked Dubai to vouch for our Watford bet I don't expect him to pick up the tab if I disappear underground when we've got 8 points at Christmas Wink
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 07, 2015, 02:58:19 PM »

Pads,

I don't think anyone should give any money back to Stu to redistribute. I'd also like to request that Stu sends a list of investors and amounts to the poker player that owes money and ask him to send the money pro rata to the investors directly.

We really have no idea what financial position Stu is in. He may have a large overdraft that would swallow up any money sent.

If £4k was lost betting, £12k stolen by a friend of a friend, £3k owed by a poker player. Then that leaves £11k. We know £1500 was repaid to Pads and £500 to Arbboy.

I really think it's about time Stu told us what happened to the other £9k that he promised to send weeks ago. Stu, if you don't want to reply on here then an email to all investors please.

I have sent over 20 emails in the past 3 months asking the same question Mrs Bandit to stu.  I asked him as a friend to open up and let me know if there are personal issues he wants to discuss with me outside of the money.  ie family issues which have caused this/crisis etc.  Literally nothing has come back.  He stands by his story (which doesn't add up like you say otherwise there would be £11k sitting in his bank)  Like you say the maths is simple.  There is £11k 'missing'.  He has never once commented on that in numerous replies i have had from him.  I get the impression he is never going to tell us where the money went.  I think we have to accept that now and move onto collecting the money.

John has also sent a detailed email to him which he showed me prior to sending saying the same thing.  He is currently in vegas playing the wsop main event and hasn't got back to me as to whether stu has replied.

Sorry I don't agree with that. He should be made to account for the missing money. He should also be made to provide details of the friend and the friend of a friend or admit it wasn't true. Stu is alleging theft and that is a serious matter.

Sure i agree totally.  I have asked him if the Police (no gags please from Blatch fans!) were called.  I think this is a reasonable question to ask given someone has effectively stolen £12k from him.  I have asked for an audit trail of where the money has gone since it was transferred to his bank.  I have pretty much asked for anything possible to prove his story is nonsense.  We all know it is.  He knows it is.  I am getting the opinion that he just thinks he can pay it back in his own time and not have to answer questions.  I don't really know what else i can do/ask him as he just doesn't answer any questions relating to these key issues.

He isn't stupid.  He has been a board director on a PLC gaming company in his late 20's.  He knows all about reporting/audit trails etc etc.

He clearly hasn't got the money.  Where it has gone is anyone's guess.  Spinning it up to try and get out is probably fav.  Family crisis/medical bills in the USA for his family are possible.  TBH i have asked so many times and got nothing back at all yet he still emails me and just avoids the tricky questions i am getting to the point where as long as we get our money back i couldn't actually care what he has done with the money.  I can't do anymore than i have to get blood out of a stone,  in reality if he doesn't want to tell us where the money went wtf can we realistically do?  Given his career/job i would find it highly unlikely he would risk that by not paying back in full eventually.  He has no other income streams so his job is highly important to him.

I don't want this to come across as standing up for him or being in on the coup etc but i am just being realistic after spending hours and hours typing emails and skypes to try and get him to open up to me as a mate about it.

I am all ears if you have other ideas which will help get the money back quicker.  Personally i am past caring where it is gone.  I just want the money repaid asap by him which he says he will do.  It is in his interests for his job and image in the game to sort it asap logically.

Out of curiosity I looked up the name of said company. Interesting. Definitely made a bad bet here*. Hindsight is 20/20 though http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/10/1094789682868.html?from=storyrhs

*the company I mean

Yes it's amazing looking back.  I worked for said business as well in early 2005.  That is how i first met Stu as he was the trading director.  It was definitely an eye opener working for scott and walker.  wwts was a huge business back then in 2005.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: July 07, 2015, 03:00:26 PM »

Pads,

*the company I mean

Yes it's amazing looking back.  I worked for said business as well in early 2005.  That is how i first met Stu as he was the trading director.  It was definitely an eye opener working for scott and walker.  wwts was a huge business back then in 2005.

Yeah I was one of the few people writing about the industry back then. WWTS probably a top 10 player. Now it doesn't exist and Sportsbet is absolutely massive. Albeit a fundamentally different business.

I bet you have some stories....
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 07, 2015, 03:03:52 PM »

Pads,

*the company I mean

Yes it's amazing looking back.  I worked for said business as well in early 2005.  That is how i first met Stu as he was the trading director.  It was definitely an eye opener working for scott and walker.  wwts was a huge business back then in 2005.

Yeah I was one of the few people writing about the industry back then. WWTS probably a top 10 player. Now it doesn't exist and Sportsbet is absolutely massive. Albeit a fundamentally different business.

Scott was insane.  I remember going out for dinner with him and walker in a lovely beach side restaurant in Antigua and these places are full of honeymoon couples the local bands cruise along the beach looking for tips to play some music next to a dinner table.  All very cheesy.  We were having dinner when an awful collection of local guys rocked up on the table next to us and started playing.  Scott was annoyed and called them over and said 'how much for you guys to play on our table?'  They said something like $50.  Scott said 'listen you are driving me nuts here is $1000 now fuck off and don't let me ever see or hear you again.'

Getting your tax free salary paid in cash was quiet a novelty as well for the first few months!

https://twitter.com/pokeralex/with_replies

This guy was head of the poker operation which was booming in 2005.  He was the real star of the company bringing in huge numbers of poker players to the business and is the guy who got me into poker.  Not sure if anyone knows him.  He run sun poker on crypto after leaving wwts.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:13:29 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 07, 2015, 03:19:01 PM »

Ok thanks.

Just to clarify Arb when I asked Dubai to vouch for our Watford bet I don't expect him to pick up the tab if I disappear underground when we've got 8 points at Christmas Wink

No problem!
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: July 07, 2015, 03:19:15 PM »

Pads,

*the company I mean

Yes it's amazing looking back.  I worked for said business as well in early 2005.  That is how i first met Stu as he was the trading director.  It was definitely an eye opener working for scott and walker.  wwts was a huge business back then in 2005.

Scott was insane.  I remember going out for dinner with him and walker in a lovely beach side restaurant in Antigua and these places are full of honeymoon couples the local bands cruise along the beach looking for tips to play some music next to a dinner table.  All very cheesy.  We were having dinner when an awful collection of local guys rocked up on the table next to us and started playing.  Scott was annoyed and called them over and said 'how much for you guys to play on our table?'  They said something like $50.  Scott said 'listen you are driving me nuts here is $1000 now fuck off and don't let me ever see or hear you again.'

Getting your tax free salary paid in cash was quiet a novelty as well for the first few months!

This guy was head of the poker operation which was booming in 2005.  He was the real star of the company bringing in huge numbers of poker players to the business and is the guy who got me into poker.  Not sure if anyone knows him.  He run sun poker on crypto after leaving wwts.

Ha! Someone really needs to write a book about those days. I'm available as a ghost writer for anyone interested Smiley

Never heard of that guy. Is he a pro or still in the industry?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 07, 2015, 03:28:43 PM »

Pads,

*the company I mean

This guy was head of the poker operation which was booming in 2005.  He was the real star of the company bringing in huge numbers of poker players to the business and is the guy who got me into poker.  Not sure if anyone knows him.  He run sun poker on crypto after leaving wwts.

Ha! Someone really needs to write a book about those days. I'm available as a ghost writer for anyone interested Smiley

Never heard of that guy. Is he a pro or still in the industry?

I assume he is still in the industry.  He used to play big stakes back in those days when it was really soft.  I haven't spoke to him for a long time.  never met anyone that could eat more than alex.  He was an incredible eater.  Typical OHIO yank.  All USASUAUSASUUAS!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:35:53 PM by arbboy » Logged
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 07, 2015, 03:50:32 PM »

Arb,

Do you think there is any merit inviting all known investors to a Skype group ? We need a plan. Probably should be handled in private from here.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 07, 2015, 03:54:05 PM »

Arb,

Do you think there is any merit inviting all known investors to a Skype group ? We need a plan. Probably should be handled in private from here.

I am waiting for Stu to get back to me regarding his payment proposal which i assume he will be sending to everyone else.  If you haven't already i would email stu and ask him the same questions i have regarding the whereabouts of the missing '£11k' which should be sitting in his bank.  Maybe you will get a better response than i did.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:10:33 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 07, 2015, 04:58:46 PM »

Arb,

I am waiting for Stu to get back to me regarding his payment proposal which i assume he will be sending to everyone else.  If you haven't already i would email stu and ask him the same questions i have regarding the whereabouts of the missing '£11k' which should be sitting in his bank.  Maybe you will get a better response than i did.

I assume everyone else got this email dated 25 june?

Hi,

Could you send me your IBAN and Bic numbers so I can send you a bit more money. Am going to try and pay some monthly from my salary etc. If xxxxxxxxx pays his balance then we will be close (about £1500 light) of being able to pay everyone bar xxxxxx who I have a separate arrangement with (on that I have received his agreement and just need to clarify one minor issue and will be good to go. Will email him tomorrow). Also be aware because funds will generally be coming from my irish account after conversion it will be a funny amount so just keep a note and we will find a way to balance it off when we are wrapping it all up.

Stuart

This would imply he still has the remaining £11k in cash somewhere to make that statement.  Given the non blonde investors are in vegas at the wsop i assume once that finishes they will tie up that with stu and payments will be made.  If anyone else has any other emails from stu since can you post them if they are different to above.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 05:04:29 PM by arbboy » Logged
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 07, 2015, 05:47:01 PM »

I deffo log onto Blonde for entertainment. Folk shouldn't get their knickers in a twist about people who do that. I mean Tikay's pictures of bridges and ducks can only carry the forum so far.

And sorry but the fact that arbboy got blatched is pretty goddam entertaining. Don't forget these are really trivial amounts for these guys, "flicking it in" on a daily basis etc.

Few things...
- Pleno1 you're idea to give all the money back to the grimmer to redistribute is a proper shit idea
- arbboy you said the sheep run around in their little herd, it's flock mate, flock!
- RED-DOG ur posts do needle, it's a good style, slick & sophisticated

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 07, 2015, 06:45:36 PM »

I deffo log onto Blonde for entertainment. Folk shouldn't get their knickers in a twist about people who do that. I mean Tikay's pictures of bridges and ducks can only carry the forum so far.

And sorry but the fact that arbboy got blatched is pretty goddam entertaining. Don't forget these are really trivial amounts for these guys, "flicking it in" on a daily basis etc.

Few things...
- Pleno1 you're idea to give all the money back to the grimmer to redistribute is a proper shit idea
- arbboy you said the sheep run around in their little herd, it's flock mate, flock!
- RED-DOG ur posts do needle, it's a good style, slick & sophisticated

Wise words met

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: