blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:52:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  redarmi Staking Issue: Sports betting
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: redarmi Staking Issue: Sports betting  (Read 72098 times)
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: July 25, 2015, 05:53:05 PM »

The police will absolutely laugh at you pads.

Not worth your time. They will say 'this is a civil matter and doesn't require police involvement'

He can't steal something you gave him.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 25, 2015, 05:55:01 PM »

If I let you use my car for a day and you don't bring it back what's the rule then?

What do you think is best idea to do?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 25, 2015, 05:55:25 PM »

Again this is not about money it's about justice/my being mugged off.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 25, 2015, 06:03:23 PM »

If I let you use my car for a day and you don't bring it back what's the rule then?

If you lend me your car for a day then it could be theft. If you give me your car when there's an expectation that I might lose the car as a result of my use of it but with the upside that in some undefined period of time you might get two, three or even four cars back then you'll find it hard to argue.

He may have committed a number of offences, but theft definitely isn't one of them. (Many of the 'X by deception' offences, one could argue). Nevertheless, the number of jurisdictions, the time etc involved and the fact that 'its gambling' will make the police just waste your time, even if you're confident that an offence is made out. They will tell you, at length, that this isn't a police matter, because that's what they are trained to do. Avoid paperwork especially for uncertain outcomes.

As to what I would do, honestly, I don't know. He obviously doesn't care about the reputation hit etc and the only way to make him care, probably, is for you to do something which would severely impact your chances of being paid.

I don't think this 'is a thief' stuff helps in general. Who googles people if they aren't considering employing them? Like, it's not like my company Google me every week.

If you choose to tell the employer, that's probably it. Money is gone but you might feel better about it. I honestly don't know.

All I can tell you is that phoning the police will just frustrate, annoy, and tilt you to fuck.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 25, 2015, 06:04:27 PM »

I am not sure the police make a distinction.  FWIW this looks like fraud rather than theft.  It is both a civil and criminal matter in the UK.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 25, 2015, 06:12:54 PM »

If the money wasn't used for betting then it's bank transfer by deception I think? 
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 25, 2015, 06:40:32 PM »

I think most of us would probably keep emailing, but ultimately write it off to experience.

However,someone in your position that stakes so many people has to ensure they maintain a certain "rep", so I can understand your reasons for not wanting to let this go.

I would give him one final ultimatum, where you call the shots and the schedule for repayment, making it perfectly clear if he doesn't stick to the agreement, you will inform his employers, and probably the bank to whom you made the transfer, and inform the respective parties about what a nice honest fellow he is.

No course of action will guarantee getting your money back, but you can draw a line in the sand, and make yourself feel a little better too.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 26, 2015, 10:39:45 PM »

Pads,

Stu has said he gets paid at the end of July and will make some payments then. Perhaps you should hold fire until 1st August. If we haven't received anything then, I guess he's not intending to pay.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 27, 2015, 05:16:51 PM »

Pads,

Stu has said he gets paid at the end of July and will make some payments then. Perhaps you should hold fire until 1st August. If we haven't received anything then, I guess he's not intending to pay.

Ok, but this still doesn't mean that in the time between August 2nd-when this thread was started (or way way way earlier) he could/should have wrote us a payment plan, how much was owed, who was getting paid, when we were getting paid and deadlines etc.

If there isn't a satisfactory response from him with a full detailed email involving everything then will make a thread on 2p2/pokerstars thread and make a xxxxisathief.com site.

sonour

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 27, 2015, 05:34:39 PM »

Fair enough. I think it's wishful thinking on my part. Stu's had a few salary cheques since this all came to light and not sent out any money.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 27, 2015, 05:40:32 PM »

Pads,

Ok, but this still doesn't mean that in the time between August 2nd-when this thread was started (or way way way earlier) he could/should have wrote us a payment plan, how much was owed, who was getting paid, when we were getting paid and deadlines etc.

If there isn't a satisfactory response from him with a full detailed email involving everything then will make a thread on 2p2/pokerstars thread and make a xxxxisathief.com site.

make sure you ring the police too lol
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 27, 2015, 05:41:26 PM »

Pads,

I don't think there is any point inmaking Stuisathief.com.

It's not like he's a member of the poker community or will try to get staked again.

Making that site would just make it even less likely you get paid.

If I was the backer who is owed 20x as much as you I'd be very pissed off if you did something which made it more unlikely I got paid.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 27, 2015, 06:09:25 PM »

And emailing Pokerstars would be even worse.

What is the most likely outcome of that?

He loses his job. Then you'll be a million to one to ever get your money.

Maybe you think it is what he deserves and you'll be happy at that outcome.

But honestly, do you think it's fair that your actions have meant someone he owes 10k+ won't get his money, just so you've felt you get revenge for not getting your £800?

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 27, 2015, 06:18:08 PM »

But honestly, do you think it's fair that your actions have meant someone he owes 10k+ won't get his money, just so you've felt you get revenge for not getting your £800?

Isn't that about relativity too.  X 10k, is Y's 800, is  Z's 80.  Still all aggrieved , still dealing with it differently.  No reall right way, and who is to say what the best way is.   

Also if 10k made a website, meaning Y and Z get screwed, how is that right too.

Carpe Diem
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 27, 2015, 06:23:01 PM »

Isn't that about relativity too.  X 10k, is Y's 800, is  Z's 80.  Still all aggrieved , still dealing with it differently.  No reall right way, and who is to say what the best way is.   

Also if 10k made a website, meaning Y and Z get screwed, how is that right too.

If it was Y's total bankroll, then maybe you're right.

Much better off discussing a way forward collectively than for one backer to go it alone in his attempts to get his money back.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: