blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:35:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  redarmi Staking Issue: Sports betting
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] Go Down Print
Author Topic: redarmi Staking Issue: Sports betting  (Read 70725 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 28, 2015, 10:25:14 PM »

I don't understand why people are suggesting that Pads walk away from this apparent fraud?  He probably won't get the money back but anything that inconveniences the perpetrator is worth doing.  Write the money off sure, but if the guy doesn't have the decency to reply to emails then expose him as much as possible for what he is.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 24, 2017, 06:59:45 PM »

Luke Marsh asked me to post this, he is reputable guy. Sad to see..

- - - - --  - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi everyone, my name is Luke Marsh. On the 7th of January 2015 i invested £10k into a 6 month staking agreement with Stuart Doyle a current employee of Pokerstars no less.

At the time Stuart was a well known horse racing expert and to my knowledge had been a professional in the field for many years. Unfortunately he had fallen on hard times and needed some cash to get going again. Stuart projected a 6 month staking deal for horse racing and football bets, i think around 6 or 7 people invested and put up a total £30k bankroll for him to use. Each investor was to receive a proportionate share of any winnings on the 6th of July.

This is where it gets ugly, Stuart never intended to use the money for betting, instead he fabricated bets and posted their results to all the investors.

Stuarts reputation went a long way before suspicion aroused, it was around April time before Stuart’s scheme was revealed, when he couldn’t provide screen shots of the bets he claimed had been placed.

Fast forward to July 2015, Stuart approaches me asking if he can pay me back £13,500 over 18 months in £750 instalments as it would give him chance to pay more people back in a shorter period. I accept the offer on the basis that it is under a legal contract provided by my solicitor. Stuart agrees.

Now September, Stuart has received the copy of the contract and promises me it has been signed and returned (it hadn’t).

I receive my first instalment a few days later and everything is going to plan until i decide to check my bank statements a year later. (Yes i know, I’m lazy and unorganised like most poker players) I soon realise that 5 payments over the 12 month have been missed. I email Stuart with a threat that he is under contract and that i will be forced to contact my solicitor if he doesn’t make up the missing payments asap.

Stuart doesn’t reply to my emails, texts or messages on social media. I receive one more payment in November 2016. Since then i have received nothing, Stuart still owes me £7,500 and i fear he now has no intention of repaying it back to me.

I contact my solicitor and they inform me he never signed and returned the contract. I have no idea why they didn’t let me know sooner, was it my responsibility to check? I don’t know.

Hopefully Stuart sees this post and decides to try and resolve this issue.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 24, 2017, 07:08:51 PM »

Luke Marsh asked me to post this, he is reputable guy. Sad to see..

- - - - --  - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi everyone, my name is Luke Marsh. On the 7th of January 2015 i invested £10k into a 6 month staking agreement with Stuart Doyle a current employee of Pokerstars no less.

At the time Stuart was a well known horse racing expert and to my knowledge had been a professional in the field for many years. Unfortunately he had fallen on hard times and needed some cash to get going again. Stuart projected a 6 month staking deal for horse racing and football bets, i think around 6 or 7 people invested and put up a total £30k bankroll for him to use. Each investor was to receive a proportionate share of any winnings on the 6th of July.

This is where it gets ugly, Stuart never intended to use the money for betting, instead he fabricated bets and posted their results to all the investors.

Stuarts reputation went a long way before suspicion aroused, it was around April time before Stuart’s scheme was revealed, when he couldn’t provide screen shots of the bets he claimed had been placed.

Fast forward to July 2015, Stuart approaches me asking if he can pay me back £13,500 over 18 months in £750 instalments as it would give him chance to pay more people back in a shorter period. I accept the offer on the basis that it is under a legal contract provided by my solicitor. Stuart agrees.

Now September, Stuart has received the copy of the contract and promises me it has been signed and returned (it hadn’t).

I receive my first instalment a few days later and everything is going to plan until i decide to check my bank statements a year later. (Yes i know, I’m lazy and unorganised like most poker players) I soon realise that 5 payments over the 12 month have been missed. I email Stuart with a threat that he is under contract and that i will be forced to contact my solicitor if he doesn’t make up the missing payments asap.

Stuart doesn’t reply to my emails, texts or messages on social media. I receive one more payment in November 2016. Since then i have received nothing, Stuart still owes me £7,500 and i fear he now has no intention of repaying it back to me.

I contact my solicitor and they inform me he never signed and returned the contract. I have no idea why they didn’t let me know sooner, was it my responsibility to check? I don’t know.

Hopefully Stuart sees this post and decides to try and resolve this issue.

I know Luke personally and it was via a mutual friend of ours that he got involved as the major % of the total stake.  Stuart has been speaking to Camel on twitter over the past few days regarding the election so he is 'still around'.  Really poor form all round by Stuart given no explanation has still be given to anyone (as far as i know) as to where the money went and/or why all the bullshit and lies given beforehand and during the stake regarding the mythical results.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:13:15 PM by arbboy » Logged
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #498 on: May 25, 2017, 12:27:13 AM »

Not exactly been on the ball himself with this!

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 25, 2017, 05:37:15 AM »

Yeah, he takes full responsibility for that, would just like his money.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 25, 2017, 09:33:37 AM »

Its a bit more than "poor form" tbh.

Poor form, is walking across someones line when putting.

This is just theft, is it not?!

What's poor is that this was a guy who used to be very righteous on a number of subjects here, and no doubt chucked his two penneth in when other similar instances occurred. So a hypocrite too.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 25, 2017, 01:28:46 PM »

Someone as reputable, connected and well liked as stu was, surely if he was in desperate need of cash he would have been able to get a 2-3yr loan for ~£20-30k (with a modest vig) especially with his stars job fairly easily and wouldn't have had to go through this rigmarole? Surely he knew that with Arrboy the grim-bloodhound in the mix he wasn't going to get away with shenanigans for more than a few months?

Brutal game gambling, ruins 20 people for everyone it makes.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: