blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:58:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Negreanu, the man and the conundrum
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Negreanu, the man and the conundrum  (Read 9017 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 03:51:03 PM »

I like him too and encouraging people to bat Howard Lederer is ok. However something I cannot tolerate is his hair, totally unacceptable.

Yeah, and although I like him, and enjoy his style on the felt, there's also this issue...

Click to see full-size image.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2015, 03:54:18 PM »

He's a vegan?

WTF does that mean, he won't eat anything that casts a shadow?

The older I get, the better I was.
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2015, 04:03:34 PM »

He's a vegan?

WTF does that mean, he won't eat anything that casts a shadow?

That's a level 5 vegan
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2015, 04:15:01 PM »

Not to be confused with a Vagitarian, that's a different non ball game altogether

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
mumblesrock

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2015, 04:53:24 PM »

What was negreanu's exit hand???
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2015, 04:58:35 PM »

He's a bellend and I wish he'd made it because there was a chance of a small boom, virtually 0% but maybe. It would have been nice to see him promote poker and do some good for the game instead of telling me rake increases are good for me.

You really believe this?  You may think he is a bellend, but he certainly promotes poker and it is hard to argue he doesn't do some good for the game.  And as far as I remember he did listen to the complaints on the rake issue, said he would speak to stars and Stars backed down.

Sure he can be irritating and sometimes says some things that are in his own interest, but implying he doesn't do enough to promote poker is ludicrous.   

He does promote poker and he does do some good for the game. He is also a hypocrite who talks a lot of self serving and self promotional nonsense. I understand that people like him but don't really understand why people think he has some sort of universal appeal. I also don't buy it that every poker player should like someone who is seen as remotely positive for the game. Yes he does promote the game, but he has also been given at least ten million dollars to do so, and I would bet a lot more. Its not like he is purely doing it out of the goodness of his heart. He had absolutely nothing to do with Stars reversing the rake changes.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2015, 04:58:43 PM »

What was negreanu's exit hand???

Easy enough to find sir

"The big hand never came for Negreanu, but he managed to nurse his smaller stack for several more hours, ranging between five and nine million until the final, fateful hand. More than 12 and a half hours after the day began, Negreanu decided to defend his big blind to a raise to 800,000 from McKeehen. McKeehen bet 700,000 on the flop of {A-Diamonds}{K-Clubs}{10-Diamonds} and Negreanu shoved for his remaining 5,825,000. McKeehen called, and when the cards were tabled, Negreanu was marginally ahead with top pair on his {A-Spades}{4-Diamonds}, but needed to fade a lot of outs against McKeehen’s flush and straight draws with {J-Diamonds}{3-Diamonds}. On the {3-Hearts} turn card, Negreanu remained ahead, but with another two threes to fade. The {Q-Hearts} on the river sealed his fate, however, as McKeehen hit his straight. Negreanu finished in 11th place for $526,778, narrowly missing his first November Nine appearance.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2015, 05:03:03 PM »

He's a bellend and I wish he'd made it because there was a chance of a small boom, virtually 0% but maybe. It would have been nice to see him promote poker and do some good for the game instead of telling me rake increases are good for me.

You really believe this?  You may think he is a bellend, but he certainly promotes poker and it is hard to argue he doesn't do some good for the game.  And as far as I remember he did listen to the complaints on the rake issue, said he would speak to stars and Stars backed down.

Sure he can be irritating and sometimes says some things that are in his own interest, but implying he doesn't do enough to promote poker is ludicrous.   

He does promote poker and he does do some good for the game. He is also a hypocrite who talks a lot of self serving and self promotional nonsense. I understand that people like him but don't really understand why people think he has some sort of universal appeal. I also don't buy it that every poker player should like someone who is seen as remotely positive for the game. Yes he does promote the game, but he has also been given at least ten million dollars to do so, and I would bet a lot more. Its not like he is purely doing it out of the goodness of his heart. He had absolutely nothing to do with Stars reversing the rake changes.

I can't work out why self serving and self promotional are seen as bad traits.

I don't see many premiership footballers playing/promoting the game out of the goodness of their heart.

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2015, 05:20:04 PM »

G E A R E D N U N

Your thirty seconds starts now.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2015, 05:24:26 PM »

G E A R E D N U N

Bellend? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2015, 05:26:38 PM »

If you dislike someone for being a self-publicist, does that mean they've done their job?
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »

G E A R E D N U N

U endanger poker?

Life has no rebuy options
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2015, 06:00:53 PM »

I don't see many premiership footballers playing/promoting the game out of the goodness of their heart.

rfggqqabc charity night- (99% of donations go towards the cost of hosting the event)

Self promotional and self serving are not necessarily bad traits themselves. They can be though. I didn't attack everyone who self promotes in some way. I simply said I didn't like him (partly) because of that.

I also didn't say he has to promote poker. I tried said I don't see it as a reason to like him, because that is his job to do so and he is more than adequately compensated for this and I find him annoyingly hypocritical when it comes to many situations.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2015, 06:22:58 PM »

rfggqqabc charity night- (99% of donations go towards the cost of hosting the event)

Self promotional and self serving are not necessarily bad traits themselves. They can be though. I didn't attack everyone who self promotes in some way. I simply said I didn't like him (partly) because of that.

I also didn't say he has to promote poker. I tried said I don't see it as a reason to like him, because that is his job to do so and he is more than adequately compensated for this and I find him annoyingly hypocritical when it comes to many situations.

I didn't say you said anything.  Smiley

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2015, 10:49:48 PM »

How do we know DNeg had nothing to do with the Rake increase being cancelled? I would be surprised if the public knows what happened in a confidential board meeting.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: