blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:41:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lil dave's lil life
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lil dave's lil life  (Read 221047 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 06, 2017, 11:35:36 AM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/darts/pdc-world-championship/winner

Price is way too big at 200/1 for the worlds.  He should easily be in the top 16 in the world by xmas.  If he manages to bink/final a TV major even the top 10 at a push.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 11:38:01 AM by arbboy » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 06, 2017, 04:36:57 PM »

Yep agree with you 100% big shift coming in the darts rankings I think. More and more tourneys and the gulf in class between #16 and #4 shrinking, only £100k between 20th and 10th and Phil on his way out and Barney's rankings only maintained by runs in majors given his volume.

Wade and Lewis are so out of form and not automatically in the euro tours which are pretty good for £££, big grinders like Mensur Suljovic and Jelle Klaasen hanging around very close. Chizzy so unreliable could either run on up to 4th, or find himself back in 8th. Then any of the guys like Huybrechts, Smith, Whitlock, White, Price, Gurney who with 2 consecutive deep runs in majors and solid tour form could easily find themselves in the top 10.

Anything could happen - Exciting times Smiley

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 06, 2017, 04:54:41 PM »

Rob Cross too, 52nd ranked with only 6 months results counting - already in the matchplay, almost gtd to be in the worlds. #17 in the pro tour order of merit and £250 off 16th which means he'll be automatically in the Euro events. Beaten almost everyone already, made the 1/4 and the semi in his only two euros and won 2x tour titles and thrown a few 105+averages around against top players, on the form book he looks like a great shout to have a deep run in a major and he's only £50k off the top 32...

Still could be a flash in the pan as there's no evidence yet he can sustain this level of form but certainly looks like the real deal so far.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 06, 2017, 05:00:57 PM »

Rob Cross too, 52nd ranked with only 6 months results counting - already in the matchplay, almost gtd to be in the worlds. #17 in the pro tour order of merit and £250 off 16th which means he'll be automatically in the Euro events. Beaten almost everyone already, made the 1/4 and the semi in his only two euros and won 2x tour titles and thrown a few 105+averages around against top players, on the form book he looks like a great shout to have a deep run in a major and he's only £50k off the top 32...

Still could be a flash in the pan as there's no evidence yet he can sustain this level of form but certainly looks like the real deal so far.

Fuck me i remember when you used to be the nose bleed PLO king and leave the pub sports to the real pros!  Some knowledge there kid!  You seriously love the game!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 07, 2017, 09:16:54 AM »

haha too much time on my hands Tongue

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 16, 2017, 08:34:35 AM »

A couple of things happened today that reminded me of some funny Vegas memories. I really can't remember what order things happened in, so I'll post a few funny stories as a series of anecdotes rather than in any order!

This first story was 2011, I was there for an extended trip and Flushy and Middy had joined me, this particular tale occurred on Thanksgiving where we decided to head out and hit the strip just gambling and drinking messing about.

We've found ourselves at the Imperial Palace (now The Quad, one of the budget strip hotels) playing some $1/$2 NLHE, as you can imagine we were fucking about, playing pretty spewy, getting increasingly more drunk and rowdy (courtesy of some 4ft Daquiris!) the table is finding us pretty entertaining in general as when we're in pots with each other we're going for each other properly, every kind of angle shoot, slow-roll, needle possible, but the rest of the table seems really nice so we're only pulling this stuff on each other.

Then this young kid sits down in the middle of the three of us and is finding everything hilarious joining in the high fives when something funny happens. I can't remember the exact hand but we were also playing props where you each had a card and you get $50 for it coming on the flop and $100 if it goes in the middle, I don't recall the details but basically middy outdrew flushy with one of my cards in the middle and edge, so we both spanked flushy and we're going nuts, running round high fiving everyone, got the whole table chanting "pay, pay, pay, pay" as Flushy having to pay our more the the stack he lost. The kid who just sat down is finding it all particularly incredible.

Then this hand occurs. This kid finds himself in a pot with this lovely old lady, who must be 70+, has been joining in all the fun but been very tight, spun $100 into ~$400 courtesy of some somewhat dubious play on our part.

Then this hand occurs....

The board is something like KQ853 (not that order) and the women has shoved the river so pot will be $800 odd if called, the kid got a double up early and was playing very snug himself, look absolutely pained "ahh no you have KQ don't you, I know you have KQ but I can't fold" it even reaches the point where the women has all but told him she has KQ. After 1minute + of this he calls and she turns KQ over, even offering an apology as she looks to collect the pot. Kids looks devastated, shakes his head, says nice hand, looks to move his cards forward then stands up, slams 33 for bottom set down and cheers, shouts "Pay!" and looks to us for high-fives...

Table was in absolute, women was devastated and left. I think someone got the wrong end of the game!

After this we went to Ceasers Palace and played the wheel of fortune game, Middy put $50 on the 40-1 segment and it landed, now he wants to up his bet on the same bet but the croupier informs him $50 is the max, however there is a different 40-1 bet you can make as well, so Middy throws $50 on that and it rolls straight in as well!!

"where you wanna go lads I'm treating you" says Middy, I won't say what happened but a picture tells a 1000 words and all that.

Click to see full-size image.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 16, 2017, 11:30:19 AM »

Hahaha what a life Lil Dave.  The kid, what a boy. 
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 20, 2017, 12:58:06 PM »

Asssssscot!

Being a huge fan of the toffy heritage of our great nation, I don't give a fuck if there's a rescission, seeing the queen rock around in a £3000 hat in the sunshine at Royal Ascot is one of the things that makes the UK great Smiley

Now, if the horses I bet on can just run faster than the other horses, that would be the making of a terrific day, will be railing the horses from my balcony in the sun with a Cider.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 20, 2017, 01:49:01 PM »

What you betting Dave? 

Race 1 I was on Ribchester win and American Patriot e/w. 
Race 2 Prince of the Dark e/w
Race 3 Lady Aurelia
Race 4 Barney Boy
Race 5 I wanted to be against the Mullins horse, but not bet anything yet.
Race 6 Wanted to see what the draw impact was but fired a few darts e/w at Excellently Poised, James Garfield, Another Batt and Simmy's Copshop. 

Bet Blue as colour of Betty's hat.  Thinking now it might be pink. 
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 20, 2017, 02:00:06 PM »

Cow. 

Green was 8/1
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 20, 2017, 03:09:06 PM »

Cow. 

Green was 8/1

FFS. Form book knows nothing!

Was on the 2nd place in race one, with you in this one plus another in the middle of the pack. All about Barney Roy!

gogogo us

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 20, 2017, 03:16:40 PM »

Oioi Channing.  I think I had 1st, 2nd and 4th in that.  3 bets in total not a bad way to go.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 20, 2017, 04:24:01 PM »

Oioi Channing.  I think I had 1st, 2nd and 4th in that.  3 bets in total not a bad way to go.

That's not a bad result Tongue

I'm having quite the gruelling day.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 20, 2017, 04:27:16 PM »

Top shelf barman, none of that cheap shit today.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 20, 2017, 05:10:58 PM »

That's not a bad result Tongue

I'm having quite the gruelling day.

looking like Tommy Bingham in this!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: