blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:42:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lil dave's lil life
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lil dave's lil life  (Read 218354 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: October 15, 2017, 06:33:08 PM »

Did you know it's Responsible Gambling Week, Dave?

https://www.begambleaware.org/rgweek/

haha it may well have been, but no-one told me.

How you been mate, long time since our paths crossed!

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 15, 2017, 09:14:01 PM »

My favourite blog is back. Thanks and welcome back Dave.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 16, 2017, 06:33:39 AM »

Did you know it's Responsible Gambling Week, Dave?

https://www.begambleaware.org/rgweek/

haha it may well have been, but no-one told me.

How you been mate, long time since our paths crossed!

I'm well, thanks. Yes, been ages.

Enjoying your diary. Keep up the good work.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 16, 2017, 08:10:29 AM »

Had a nice jolly old jolly up day out yesterday at the races in Newmarket, thanks to Brammer and Moorman very generously putting on a party bus to take us from London and get us in the premier enclosure Smiley

One of the double edged elements to my personality is that I can get a little carried away in casual gambling, as a sort of defence to this I try keep myself out of trouble by setting myself a few rules, yesterday i went to the Races with £500 in cash and £300 that someone owed me, which I was planning not to have to call in if possible, and try run the money as hard as I can, basically wanted high morale social shenanigans to take precedence over any out of hand gambling Smiley

We kicked of sensibly, by doing a big team placepot and jackpot, and I went against the advice of most people and went for small £100 win bet on an outsider in the 13.50, the Jolly, Kew Gardens abs smashed it and its a great start for the jackpots and i'm doing a 1er, no head loss in sight yet.

Race 2. And I went all in (£400) on the 9/4 favourite which was one of the strongest fancied amongst the team, it got beat pretty horrendously... I went for a burger with Danny Rudd which should never lead to a headloss but somehow the pair of us hatched a plan to do £1400 each on the jolly in #3 @4/7 on debit cards at the betfred desk, take £800 profits in cash and run it into £400ew on the bloom horse in the #4. Got to the betfred desk and it was 1/2 so we "shrewdly" elected not to bother and £80 each on cardsharp @ 40s on BF instead. Plan was going great until I bumped into Bram just before the race started who told me he was lumped on the fave here to try get out, was 1.6 on BF so in a wreckless moment I slid the BF balance (~£1200) in, and it came absolute last Smiley

Head's starting to roll about now, so i picked four horses from the #4 race (out of 34!) The bloom horse (withhold), time to study, Byron Flyer and Lagostovegas and went £300 £300 £150 £150 ew respectively for £2k outlay (in for £4k on the days racing now!) and got a win and a place for £4500 back and in profit for the day Smiley

Took my profit cash and dusted it on the rest of the races, had a couple of 2nds at York and Chepstow, had to dip into my credit facility to punt the last and did a 1er on placepots etc, all in all finished the day a couple of hundred down, but we were in danger of dusting pretty big there - Lord knows what the plan was if the #4 race bricked 

Alls well that ends well though, had a belting day out - no harm done Smiley

Beautiful.

I am sure a day out with you would bring out all my worst habits.

Good lad.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 16, 2017, 09:53:13 AM »

Adz we'd get into plenty of trouble, I look forward to it Smiley

Perhaps...just the once though

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 19, 2017, 11:45:57 PM »

Loving the blog again Dave rarely on blonde nowadays but this is the first thread i vhevked back

What a life.

Wondering if you’ve ever seen this/any experience of this product.

My company has done this tour for alchemist (living ventures) in Manchester

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=AMqAgR9qHLq&help=0&utm_source=4

Would love to know what you think, any ideas for how we could use it further in the restaurant world. Would it be of interest to you when you were in the game etc.

We work lots with holiday let’s ( I have a holiday let ) and this is why I am where I am now. Living ventures are hopefully going to have us do this I’m all their restaurants.

Would love to hear your thoughts from the other side of the desk as it is.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 22, 2017, 10:25:16 AM »

Hey mate, nice to hear from you, how's life??

I did have some experience with this, if I'm thinking of the same thing, this tech guy I used to work with when we were building the website etc for the Fisherman's Lodge restaurant was going to do it for us, this was for a google application though - am I right in thinking there's a google application for this stuff, Google Interior Maps, or Virtual tours or something?? Where you can go inside buildings on google maps.

The google ones I saw didn't have the level of detail of the example you gave me though, with those targets you can click for interesting locations etc,

I think it's a really tough sell to say that there will be a direct boost to sales as a result of this technology (I mean to be able to count it as a marketing expense) however your online profile and presence as a hospitality business is nowadays just has to be such an enormous part of your marketing and brand strategy that things like this will, IMO, always return their money to you eventually (how expensive is it? btw, i think they were gonna charge me £750+VAT or something to take all the pictures and build the thing, but i think that was as like a test thing as we're the first one they were going to do)

You will find a lot of interest, imo, with companies like LV who have multiple units are very strong on brand awareness and consistency, who spend a lot of time on their online profile and who won't take a sharp intake of breath when you tell them the price. Small independents and little chains of 2-4 units probably won't see the cost as being justified.

GL with it!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 22, 2017, 11:41:24 AM »

10k Blonde Posts!

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 24, 2017, 07:35:45 PM »

This tech does not link into google yet sadly.

They were competitors with google but agreed a deal earlier in the year to join up.

Unfortunately it has not happened yet, and we have no idea how long it’s going to take.

Depends on the restaurant really we did it for £250 job for the alchemist. Only takes about an hour and the tech does all the work for you.maybe another hour of post production. But we were trying to get an in for their other bits!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 24, 2017, 07:38:11 PM »

Life is good, eyeing up Vegas for new year not playing much poker now but of live many card poker that you play and enjoying that in manchester. Got a rep as a complete barnpot (probably justified) and it’s been going well because same faces playing the games. 1/1/2 4/5/6 card (always 6).

Concentrating hard on my businesses now, trying to rein in gambling buy a second house pay my staff etc and be sensible! But not always easy.

Enjoy the diary, makes me click back on to blonde have to avoid TFT now to stop me punting!

"ace high"

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 24, 2017, 11:23:57 PM »

Enjoying the diary Callum

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 25, 2017, 10:52:26 PM »

Merry Christmas David

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 26, 2017, 08:51:59 AM »

Merry Christmas David

Merry Christmas mate - looking for a nice lil.car, just a good runner doesn't even need it's own doors - got anything?

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #613 on: December 26, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »

Merry Christmas David

Merry Christmas mate - looking for a nice lil.car, just a good runner doesn't even need it's own doors - got anything?

My mate who is in the trade has a very clean 2012 reg diesel Peugeot 208 in white. 120k miles, drives great. (He's been using it himself and I've ridden in it) He wants £3200 for it.

The older I get, the better I was.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 26, 2017, 05:02:46 PM »

Merry Christmas David

My mate who is in the trade has a very clean 2012 reg diesel Peugeot 208 in white. 120k miles, drives great. (He's been using it himself and I've ridden in it) He wants £3200 for it.

i think dave may have been have referring to a long running joke we had about an old fiesta i bought that turned out to be some sort of cut & shut, he refused to take it off my hands even though i offered him a fabulous deal, at a push i would say we've made the same joke for 6 years now haha

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: