blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:16:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lil dave's lil life
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lil dave's lil life  (Read 218356 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: February 18, 2018, 06:08:30 PM »

So I have decided that I will play some poker tournaments.

Obviously I have very little idea what I'm doing, but will approach it in a high spirited manner Smiley

I'm playing the bounty builder, the sunday million and the warm up. Lets see how I get on!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #676 on: February 19, 2018, 11:20:34 AM »

Did you do a win ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 19, 2018, 03:27:50 PM »

I'm not as patient as I once was :p

Had to play some HU PLO on the side to keep me involved, then when the action stopped I went to spin and goes.

I got like 50 chests though that was fun, ended up winning on the day!

Still got it yo

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 04, 2019, 03:33:14 PM »

How's it going weeDave?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #679 on: January 04, 2019, 10:51:08 PM »

How's it going weeDave?
I think it's possible he may have actually grown up?

Cymru am byth
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 21, 2019, 02:52:51 AM »

Sup everyone,

I am currently in thailand where i been since Dec 27th with Franky, his GF and Laura, we have a nice Villa in Phuket and i basically been doing nothing since i got here which is amazing. Actually not nothing at all... I been getting into golf, which is basically like a full time job, so far I learned that golf is ridiculously difficult, just grinding my way through terrible hole after terrible hole and dusting golf balls like no-ones business to get to a good shot/good hole and dining out on that Smiley

I'm also working on my beard.

2018 was a really manic year, i worked pretty much non stop, to the point I actually made myself quite ill and pissed Laura off quite often but had some really fun/big moments, was a successful year in the end. I played some HUGE poker games and broke all records for biggest pot won/lost, most money won/lost, biggest bluff etc was a lot of fun/got my juices flowing again after basically not playing for 16 months i jumped back into the biggest stakes. Had some fun sports betting projects, bet on a lot of darts matches, messed around with bitcoin, I had a once-in-a-lifetime bet win which didnt get paid out for decent 6 figures which was the years real low-point. Was a bit of a busy fool though spent a lot of time on nonsesne and didnt spend much time with Laura so going to try be better this year, the january off-work in the thai villa is a good start Smiley

Life's good, lot more boring than it used to be, might try repost some old blogs from the glory days Tongue

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 21, 2019, 04:14:13 AM »

Based on the whole post, can’t see how it can be more boring than before!!

Any Hh to tell us about for biggest won/lost?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 21, 2019, 05:10:36 AM »

ha well tough to beat 5 years of utter headloss capped off with a restaurant purchase Cheesy

Sure, il post a few big / funny hands when im not on my phone...

Just looked on the last page and its bragz about last thailand trip, ppl will think its all i do!!!

When there's no darts to bet on though what can we do Sad

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 21, 2019, 09:03:32 AM »

Great to see this Diary back Dave, nice one.

I know it might be private, but a little more detail on that bet that resulted in a 6 figure win/not win?

Was the poker live or online? PLO, I hope? More details.....

And at the risk of making a fool of myself, who is "Franky"?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 21, 2019, 09:30:59 AM »

Sup tikay, nice to be back!

So I'd happily share the full story but im not 0% to get some money so i'm gonna be a bit coy about the details but basically we were betting at a private bookmaking company (not a regular bookie btw - sort of a clue, cant say more) and we pinged in one bet for a bit shy of £2m and the company refused to pay on some pretty feeble grounds... The company and the bets were made overseas.

Hate being all Pleno with the "got this super exciting news but can't tell anyone" Cheesy but like i say we not drawing dead to potentially get paid something, fingers crossed. My side was over 1/2 million pounds so was quite excited to receive that!

The poker games were all live, some london, some nottingham, some overseas, stakes ranging from 25/50 to 400/800 with wide variety of results, the biggest pots were all pretty boring really (unless you in them) like super wrap+fd at 6card vs top set and some draws.  One hilarious hand though I love sharing Smiley

We're playing plo and the games going a bit whacky, Iv suggested a game where if you fold PF you put £200 dead in the pot if you fold pf, everyone agrees bar one player (who'll most of you will know, very nice guy) who is in for small buyin and up over 100k at this point, he jokingly refuses and says im targeting him by suggesting it (which i wasn't Tongue ) and then agrees asfter we exchange some friendly needles.

Very first hand of the game it goes 3-way £400k pot including that player who put  his whole £120k stack in with ATT554 all black cards Cheesy - he lost the pot and goes "NO MORE BRIGHT IDEAS DAVE"

Cheesy

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 21, 2019, 10:48:34 AM »

Never a fool Teacake!

Franky, A.K.A Matt Frankland, poker player, golfer and all round top bloke.

We been mates for over 10 years, 4 months of which i lived on his floor rent free during some "testing" times, and I literally never beaten him at anything ever in the entire time.

Won't be beating him at golf either Tongue

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 21, 2019, 10:54:14 AM »

Never a fool Teacake!

Franky, A.K.A Matt Frankland, poker player, golfer and all round top bloke.

We been mates for over 10 years, 4 months of which i lived on his floor rent free during some "testing" times, and I literally never beaten him at anything ever in the entire time.

Won't be beating him at golf either Tongue

Ahh right, the chap who nearly won the English Poker Open a few years back?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 21, 2019, 10:57:06 AM »

Correction to "a few years back", just checked & it was NINE years ago, jeez.

Mr Eames cashed too, as did Miss Boeree.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=46536

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 21, 2019, 03:01:44 PM »

yeah was gonna say a few feels like the thick end of a decade ago.

i remember it though fabian quoss won it, nice fella gone onto play the super high rollers and grow a huge beard, not seen him in ages but was my favourite german.

this when someone comes along and tells me some scandal he did lol

still see plenty of mr eames too, he even lived with us in meeds briefly before moving to London.

Jamie Sykes is making a thailand appearance on thursday, its like 2010 all over again Cheesy

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 22, 2019, 06:05:37 PM »

Great to have this diary back. Please keep it going Dave

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: