blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:56:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lil dave's lil life
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lil dave's lil life  (Read 218324 times)
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: February 13, 2019, 07:54:24 PM »

I’m also terrible but enthusiastic.

Shout if you want to come to Foxhills for a round / par 3 (nice par 3) / range / luncheon.

Allez!!
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 13, 2019, 09:51:09 PM »

Got down to playing off 3 at the age of 15. Had my first lessons at the age of 16. By the time i was 17 i was playing off 5. By the time of 18 my head was so scrambled i quit playing. Started again a couple of years ago and play purely for the crack and i enjoy it now more than i ever have.

My main tip would be grip, which i am sure any decent pro would look at straight away.

Then body alignment, making sure feet, hips and shoulders are all pointing in the correct direction.

Then ball positioning in the stance, driver the ball should be around about the inside of your heel on your left foot, all the way down to your wedges just slightly behind the middle of your stance.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 14, 2019, 04:42:11 AM »

Never had a lesson..still play comfortably off 12. People really over complicate golf but I am a natural tbf

Oh darrrrling.

If you ain't off single figures, you ain't a natural.....

Good luck Dave. Keep that head still and focussed on the ball. Too easy to sometimes think you are, when you probably are just looking blankly down.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: February 14, 2019, 10:41:50 AM »

Just concentrate on your stance and your swing and your grip and keeping your head still Dave.

The older I get, the better I was.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 14, 2019, 10:50:57 AM »

Just concentrate on your stance and your swing and your grip and keeping your head still Dave.

and make sure you do not grip the club too tight and make sure you do not have too much tension in your shoulders and arms and......

The list can go on and on and on and........

Best advice is to maintain a sense of humour on the course, avoid slow play and have fun!!!!!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 15, 2019, 08:56:58 AM »

Wow sick advice all over thanks everyone, loving the golf grind, all i wanna do is go to the driving range when i wake up Smiley

All this "dont do this" stuff every single one i read my first thought was "yep, been doing that" so gonna be thinking all this over for surrrrrrre.

Good luck Dave. Keep that head still and focussed on the ball. Too easy to sometimes think you are, when you probably are just looking blankly down.

Defo this, im staring at nothing with my head down saying "dont move your head, dont move your head, dont move your head" a million times when im just stood like some idiot rigidly cant even see the ball im starring so hard Cheesy

I'm not hitting it very far, which is sort of a problem sort of not, the courses we played in thailand had a few holes around the 550-600 yrd mark which obv gonna take a while to fire along, but like titty says straight and short better than long and behind a tree!

Best advice is to maintain a sense of humour on the course, avoid slow play and have fun!!!!!

Yeah defo, good thing about being my level is that realistically lots of shots will be bad and there isn't really any pressure on any specific holes, I'm absolutely loving a bogey and if i run off an 11 on a hole it's just like, well thats gonna happen innit and we walk on, there's still victories in all holes, if i go round the houses and take 8 to get to edge of the green then slide a nice up and down in there technically that's a 10 but i'm walking off the hole kinda loving it. When I nail a hole i'm rushing so hard that could have gone 12 / 12 / 12 last three and wouldn't really care. So, and this goes 10x when i was playing in thailand where it's 30 degrees and stunning courses, worst case scenario i'm with my pals having a laugh and best case scenario I'm doing all that + playing well. So it's close to impossible for me not to enjoy myself playing, I think it suits me overall does golf, I'm pretty chilled in general and dont really lose my head all that often, I'm also not that competitive so can still get bashed up and enjoy myself.

This being said I had one huge headloss moment out in thailand and got punished massively for it, hit maybe best drive ever on a tough driving hole after 5 holes playing total filth, 160 yards in I was determined I wanted to go wedge/wedge as short game had been ok and I really fancied getting to the green in 2 that way, caddy was adament I should go for a 6iron but I just didn't fancy it all, succumbed to her pressure though, naturally cranked the 6 and rolled off into a swamp. Go to collect my ball, absolutely RAGING, rather than calmly and respectfully pick my ball up I elect to angrily swing my club at it, got the club caught on some vine and next thing I know i'm knee deep in this swamp gettin gpulled out by my 5ft 5in female thai caddy...

Franky, who'd gone off badly left from his tee shot, left me at the tee plump in the fairway, we met up again at the next tee and somehow I'd not finished the hole and was covered in mud. The caddy handed me the driver for the next hole I'm still fuming and she says to me "shall I put you down for a 7?" nearly swung the driver at her Cheesy  (at this point i was still blaming her entirely for this swamp incident)

Luckily there was a guy doing some gardening he hosed me down and actually played easily best golf of the round post swamp!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 15, 2019, 09:03:14 AM »

I’m also terrible but enthusiastic.

Shout if you want to come to Foxhills for a round / par 3 (nice par 3) / range / luncheon.

can count me innnnnnnnnn

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 15, 2019, 09:14:18 AM »

Golf is as stupid as poker in so many ways.

The first time I shot 100, yep I remember it even though it was a longgg time ago, but that first 100 included a 13. Which was followed by a birdie 3.

Stupid game, addiction, but glorious too. Those moments in every round where you hit that perfect shot, hole the monster putt, escape the bunker first time and leave it stiff against the flag.**

Enjoy it, and ‘When the fun stops, stop’

** usually only one of these happened for me in any given round.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 15, 2019, 09:20:47 AM »

hark at him with his caddy.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 15, 2019, 09:55:37 AM »

caddy's mandatory in thailand!

Was a few franky eye rolls when they tell him its 140 yards and he hits it plum and goes 30 yards past, overall though they are pretty high morale characters. Quite a lot of subtle, hilarious, unintentional needles too, I really enjoy "bye - bye" as you've blazed the tee-shot into the woods. One referred to me as "Mr. Nam" (Mr. Water) for a little bit after a few holes blasting balls into the water Cheesy

Best thing about the caddys in thailand though is they are absolute ninjas at finding lost balls, fire it off into oblivion thinking thats the last we'll be seeing of that ball and they scurry off with a couple of clubs and come back a few minutes later with it, they cost about £20 a round with a decent tip etc so when you finding the drink as often as some of us you can come out net plus off the caddy hire! 1 hole I went into the water 3 times and ended up 1 ball up on the hole!!

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 15, 2019, 09:58:46 AM »

been back a few days, feeling quite depressed about being back in london truth be told, trying to remind myself not to be an entitled little bitch and to thank my stars I was lucky enough to spend 6 weeks swimming, drinking, eating and being looked after by an army of endlessly accommodating thai ladies...and to make my own breakfast Smiley

Foray into golf been a real challenge, obviously finding it incredibly hard, any tips would go down great.

Back to work i guess!

I'm in the same boat mate. Clay Ballard on Youtube is great for the basics.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 15, 2019, 10:03:46 AM »

caddy's mandatory in thailand!

Was a few franky eye rolls when they tell him its 140 yards and he hits it plum and goes 30 yards past, overall though they are pretty high morale characters. Quite a lot of subtle, hilarious, unintentional needles too, I really enjoy "bye - bye" as you've blazed the tee-shot into the woods. One referred to me as "Mr. Nam" (Mr. Water) for a little bit after a few holes blasting balls into the water Cheesy

Best thing about the caddys in thailand though is they are absolute ninjas at finding lost balls, fire it off into oblivion thinking thats the last we'll be seeing of that ball and they scurry off with a couple of clubs and come back a few minutes later with it, they cost about £20 a round with a decent tip etc so when you finding the drink as often as some of us you can come out net plus off the caddy hire! 1 hole I went into the water 3 times and ended up 1 ball up on the hole!!

Yes, golf in Thailand delivers a great experience with the caddies, carts, etc.  I just came back from a trip to Hua Hin and played Black Mountain and Banyan.  Put these 2 courses on your "must play" list for the future.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 15, 2019, 10:06:02 AM »

will do, the list grows!!!!

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #718 on: February 15, 2019, 12:26:54 PM »

Distance comes with technique.

Next time you are at the range, literally take a half swing for a couple of shots and compare it to whatever you consider your normal swing (generally try not to go beyond parrallel with your shoulders or it all starts to get joke hard to control). Compare the accuracy for consistancy, and then compare what distances you are achieving.

on a 600 yard hole you just have to plan your shots, you know you're not making it in 2 maybe not in 3, so mental game wise setting achievable targets and not having to lose balls/drop and take penalties will clean up a tonne of shots off your score.

I feel we need you and franky to start taking some videos and uploading them for us to all enjoy. you could go viral falling in the water hazards 
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 15, 2019, 12:36:13 PM »

I love that line - 'should I put you down for a 7?'

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: