blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:49:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535433 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 16, 2016, 09:12:49 AM »

Congrats on the new addition Rich.

If there was one exercise I'd try to keep in my routine forever it would be wide grip chins. Even if you just do a few each week to keep on top of them it'll be worth it and the definition they give your lats is amazing.

How's your bench numbers looking? Have you made decent improvements on this phase?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 16, 2016, 11:04:35 AM »

Congrats on the new addition Rich.

If there was one exercise I'd try to keep in my routine forever it would be wide grip chins. Even if you just do a few each week to keep on top of them it'll be worth it and the definition they give your lats is amazing.

How's your bench numbers looking? Have you made decent improvements on this phase?

Thanks Matt

In theory they should have been in this phase from the start as 4 sets of 8-10 are supposed to be there instead of LPD and Close Grip UH pull down but I just wouldnt have done any so added the exercises in to compensate and then tried them last week so will keep them for this week.

Bench when I started I was only at 45kg for 4x8 and then when I met Harvey at Loughborough we did some dumbells and for the last 2 sets I managed to get the final two sets with the 30's up pretty easily so have been doing 60-65kg for a good 4x8 (1 minute rest between sets) for the past 2 weeks now.

The trouble I have is that I train alone, early in the morning so in my head have the common mental block that probably costs a few kg's (either placebo or spotter) and used to cost a few reps when I would tell myself I will bottom out at 6 reps and low and behold I did Sad

I will at some point see what my 1RM is on some key exercises but I want to finish this next phase first which I will post up the exercises later this week

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 16, 2016, 02:46:13 PM »

I have the same problem training alone so unless I'm confident I can do at least 3 or 4 at a particular weight I won't even try it.

My confidence is sky high with bench at the moment but even so not having a spotter is making life difficult. Even though I'm doing well I know that with a spot I could push just that tiny bit more and make more gains. This morning for my heavy set I managed 4 reps reasonably easily but it was a weight I didn't dare over push myself with. If I'd had a spotter there was definitely another unassisted rep and likely a 6th with a light touch.

Do you use a belt Rich? I've always used one but recently tried to avoid it as much as possible to help work my core strength. I find that when I do finally put it on for my heaviest set it makes a huge difference sometimes making the heavier set actually feel easier than the previous lighter set.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 16, 2016, 03:15:08 PM »

Pretty happy to see a lot of love for Alan Thrall in this thread lately.

I would 100% recommend checking out Mark Bell's "supertraining06" channel. There are three of them, but they always get guests to come in and just pick their brains. It can get very specific sometimes, but a lot of them are very good at putting ideas into words and there will always be something in there that identifies with you and your technique
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 16, 2016, 03:28:45 PM »

Pretty happy to see a lot of love for Alan Thrall in this thread lately.

I would 100% recommend checking out Mark Bell's "supertraining06" channel. There are three of them, but they always get guests to come in and just pick their brains. It can get very specific sometimes, but a lot of them are very good at putting ideas into words and there will always be something in there that identifies with you and your technique

The guy's amazing. Pretty sure you recommended him on here ages ago for a pre workout stretch routine but it's his strength stuff that's been bordering on inspirational for me.

I've watched quite a bit of the Mark Bell stuff. Again really good but not in the same league as Thrall for getting his point across imo.

How's your availability for a session some time soon? Would like to go through some deadlift and squat technique stuff before I start to push the weight and maybe have a blast at a bench press 1RM for japes. Happy to pay the usual rate with the normal punters of course.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 16, 2016, 09:50:01 PM »

Could make Sunday for a team session, although DL is still saturday so not sure how heavy lifting I will be doing.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 16, 2016, 11:05:57 PM »

Sunday sounds good to me. Where are you based? Happy to head your way if it's not ridiculous.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 16, 2016, 11:07:54 PM »

Sunday sounds good to me. Where are you based? Happy to head your way if it's not ridiculous.

Based in Stafford which is like an hour away, but have a few uni friends in Notts, so if Sean is in, we could meet at his and I can kill two birds with one stone.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 16, 2016, 11:25:13 PM »

Works for me.

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 17, 2016, 01:10:16 AM »

Yep day before I go away so I'm up for it. Plus I'm lifting "heavy" now so I'm happy to get involved with whatever. What time lads?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 17, 2016, 11:59:40 AM »

I'm pretty flexible but morning would be my preference.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 17, 2016, 12:37:32 PM »

I'm pretty flexible but morning would be my preference.

Can probably get there for like 12ish? If I come over on Saturday night I could do earlier, will have a think and let you know!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 17, 2016, 12:40:53 PM »

12 is fine for me.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 18, 2016, 11:16:49 AM »

12 is fine for me.

Should work for me, meet at Sean's gym?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 18, 2016, 05:57:22 PM »

Little 105 for two today on the bench. Helped having a spotter, but pleased with the strength today!
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: