blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535623 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: May 10, 2016, 11:33:56 AM »

The biggest problem with training at 6am is that every now and then you wake up and just can't be arsed.

Well today was one of those days Cheesy

Shan't let it bother me too much, it's not like I'm training for Mr Olympia or anything so it's just a day off.

Back tomorrow.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 10, 2016, 12:19:50 PM »

The biggest problem with training at 6am is that every now and then you wake up and just can't be arsed.

Shan't let it bother me too much, it's not like I'm training for Mr Olympia or anything so it's just a day off.

Back tomorrow.....

Haha this is me,  I've barely done anything for a week and I have no reason whatsoever. Sad
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 10, 2016, 01:40:58 PM »

Back tomorrow.....

Haha, from what we see yo rarely miss days though. I think I would be missing most if I was a 6am trainee.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 10, 2016, 04:50:41 PM »

Legs today, felt pretty good actually.

Some box up to 130, standing on the plates this week so I hit parallel, and was much much tougher than just regular box as the benches are so high.

Some pauses at 80, which is so hard, I try and get as low as possible whilst keeping an upright torso, so find these really challenging, and with the pause becomes so energy sapping by the end.

Some split squats, leg press and nordic curls to finish, and the customary calves or what is the point in life??!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 11, 2016, 12:09:35 AM »

Bit of a milestone evening for me on the press ups. Finally broke through the 10k mark!!

10107 which is 1133 ahead of target which is almost two full weeks worth.

I've averaged just over 700 for the last 3 weeks so if I can keep that up I'd be finished by week 40 with 12 weeks to spare. Really good feeling when I think of it like that and a great motivator to push on. Would be nice to get it wrapped up before I go to Vegas although whatever happens I'll keep going to the end of the year to see how many I can get.

Any guesses?

I don't want to bok this too much because there's always the chance of an injury but if I was a betting man I'd say finished by end of October and 32k for the year. There's also the risk that I'll get fucking fed up of it and just stop of course Cheesy

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 11, 2016, 04:12:56 PM »

Bit of a milestone evening for me on the press ups. Finally broke through the 10k mark!!

10107 which is 1133 ahead of target which is almost two full weeks worth.

I've averaged just over 700 for the last 3 weeks so if I can keep that up I'd be finished by week 40 with 12 weeks to spare. Really good feeling when I think of it like that and a great motivator to push on. Would be nice to get it wrapped up before I go to Vegas although whatever happens I'll keep going to the end of the year to see how many I can get.

Any guesses?

I don't want to bok this too much because there's always the chance of an injury but if I was a betting man I'd say finished by end of October and 32k for the year. There's also the risk that I'll get fucking fed up of it and just stop of course Cheesy

I think 25k is pretty impressive enough.

If you get to the stage where you are repping 1k a week that is insane.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 11, 2016, 04:17:15 PM »

Upper today

Bench

1x3 85kg
1x2 95kg
1x1 100kg

Didn't have a spotter, so bowed out at tone, but I think with the confidence of a spotter I could get another.

3x6 65kg Pause
1x10 65kg

3x6 bent over row 85kg

Also got 3x8 one arm row at 42 which I just don't get. I don't know if I should be really happy, or really annoyed I only get 3x8 46 at the start of the session.

Food wise I am still just eating when I am hungry, but I think the last week I have been around the 3000kcal mark. Will be interested to see the results in terms of strength and aesthetics, I think aesthetically I am looking loads better now I am bit 'fuller'. 

Training is really enjoyable at the min, keeping it at 4 times a week with the bonus ones if I feel like it. Writing loads of content for work at the minute so 4 suits me just perfectly.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 11, 2016, 08:57:38 PM »

I hate running. Say you had to suggest an alternative exercise lasting 10 minutes for someone to empty glycogen stores at the end of their session - what would you personally recommend? Burpees?

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 11, 2016, 09:14:48 PM »

I hate running. Say you had to suggest an alternative exercise lasting 10 minutes for someone to empty glycogen stores at the end of their session - what would you personally recommend? Burpees?

Star jumps.  Not a fan of burpees myself, quite intensive on the knees. 
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 11, 2016, 10:20:34 PM »

Slam ball? Ropes? Prowler? Sprints? Rower? Bike? I mean there are 100s

I don't do one of either, I mix it up. 500m row for time seems to do it for me, wanna work up to 4x500m

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 12, 2016, 09:06:26 AM »

Excuse my lack of technical knowledge but what's all this glycogen store malarkey?

I'm assuming it's excess energy that you no longer need so you're trying to get rid of it? Why not just train a bit harder during your normal routine so that you haven't got any left?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 12, 2016, 09:12:41 AM »

Back tomorrow.....

Haha this is me,  I've barely done anything for a week and I have no reason whatsoever. Sad

The most important thing when you have a bad week is to just forget about it and crack on. So many people punish themselves mentally because they've missed a few sessions and that makes it harder to get back in to it.

It's so easy to miss your first couple of days and then think you might as well skip the rest of the week. 'What's the point just doing two sessions.... I'll start back next week....'

If you normally train Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday but miss the first three what would you do? Most would skip Friday using the excuse that they'll start back on Monday. The guy who puts that little slip behind him and starts back on Friday is the one who's going to succeed.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 12, 2016, 10:01:18 AM »

Excuse my lack of technical knowledge but what's all this glycogen store malarkey?

I'm assuming it's excess energy that you no longer need so you're trying to get rid of it? Why not just train a bit harder during your normal routine so that you haven't got any left?

Yeah I guess you could say it is the ready available energy in the muscle.

It is pretty small in the grand scheme of things, so I wouldn't really worry about it, and there is no way you are going to know how depleted you are, and its not like you are going to 100% deplete in one session.

Focus on the important things and everything else takes care of itself.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 12, 2016, 10:06:13 AM »

It is pretty small in the grand scheme of things, so I wouldn't really worry about it, and there is no way you are going to know how depleted you are, and its not like you are going to 100% deplete in one session.

Pretty much what I thought. Important if you're an Olympic athlete. Irrelevant to us mortals.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 12, 2016, 10:14:44 AM »

Pretty much what I thought. Important if you're an Olympic athlete. Irrelevant to us mortals.

Like SOO many things.

I am not even sure how easy it is to test, it feels like one of those that is such a ball ache to test when you could ask the athlete/yourself how tired you are?

I am a fan of finishers at the end of a session, but to get volume in, burn KCAL and increase over all fitness. So I often throw 5-10mins of higher volume stuff. It is called 'metabolic stress' in a lot of journals/magazines etc.

doing EDT at the end is pretty brutal and a great way to get volume in, I can only brave it on arms at the minute, but the day I can give it a bash on legs I am gonna be a stiff man.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: