blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:17:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535936 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: May 13, 2016, 10:19:14 PM »

Volume day today and a carb feast tonight.

Starting to enjoy volume a bit more, but we shall see. Brought the T-bar right back into play, forgot how fun that exercise is.

Deadlifts tomorrow and 200 is going on the bar, not sure where it is going after that but we shall keep the faith.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 13, 2016, 11:27:03 PM »

It going up mate. I have faith!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 14, 2016, 06:34:21 PM »

It going up mate. I have faith!!

Apparently that is all I needed.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 14, 2016, 06:37:17 PM »

So usual warm up today.

Got to my 1x180 and it didn't move. Was way to casual walking up to it. Did not treat it with respect and morale was wavering.

Queue Florence and we are back in the game.

1x180
1x190
1x200

All felt very comfy and even 200 came up quick. Not a pretty rep, but the 190 was far easier on the eye that last week so happy there.

Hopefully recover well so can attack next week with the same momentum. 
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 14, 2016, 08:42:18 PM »

Awesome stuff Harvey. Well done Smiley

I still can't comprehend moving that amount of weight although my recent deadlifts at ridic low weight have made me feel a bit more optimistic.

I have to say the fact that you can deadlift 3 times what I'm currently doing but can't bench press what I'm doing adds to the confidence that bit further. It shows that it's not a case of being a freak it's just a case of practising and it'll eventually come.

I'm going to start on a deadlift mission immediately and see where I can get to. Progress will be slow but I'll get there. First target is just to get to 100kg for a few reps with good form. Won't even consider 1RM until I'm very happy with my form.

Well done again mate. Inspiring stuff!!

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 14, 2016, 09:16:45 PM »

Awesome stuff Harvey. Well done Smiley

I still can't comprehend moving that amount of weight although my recent deadlifts at ridic low weight have made me feel a bit more optimistic.

I have to say the fact that you can deadlift 3 times what I'm currently doing but can't bench press what I'm doing adds to the confidence that bit further. It shows that it's not a case of being a freak it's just a case of practising and it'll eventually come.

I'm going to start on a deadlift mission immediately and see where I can get to. Progress will be slow but I'll get there. First target is just to get to 100kg for a few reps with good form. Won't even consider 1RM until I'm very happy with my form.

Well done again mate. Inspiring stuff!!

100% you could move that with practice. 100%! It has taken me nearly a year to re do it though, albeit around 8kg lighter. But it was a very ugly rep, the only reason I am preserving is that every week the 2nd single is getting better and better technically, and the final single is getting better numerically. If I was repping out reps like I do my singles I would completely rebuild. I think I am happy to take a risk on a DL because I enjoy it, like getting injured benching would make me so mad, even squatting. But I don't mind chancing with a DL as it is the session I look forward to all week. I may ease off the 1RM's soon and focus on 3's. But we shall see. I do want a 2.5x DL

I can confirm it is going to take me a long, long time to get to the 120 mark on a bench. Not overly loving my 100. But I do quite fancy a 1.5x BW bench, so that would be around the 130, maybe a bit higher after a few more weeks of Ben and Jerry's.

Couldn't agree more with the freak/practicing part. 200 at 85 is by no means impressive in the grand scheme of things. It is just practice and enjoying it.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 15, 2016, 12:53:21 AM »

I'm struggling to think how to fit deadlifts in to actually build them up to a decent level without compromising bench press.

Current weekly routine is Monday to Thursday upper, lower, upper, lower which is working quite well for me.

Upper day tends to be pull, push, pull, push, pull and I usually do pull downs, bench press, bent over row, OHP, wide grip chins.

Lower day isn't particularly structured but it's something like squats, RDL, leg curl, leg extension.

If I stick with that where could I sneak deadlifts in? Obviously something has to go and ideally I'd like to do them twice a week to give myself a good chance of building reasonably quickly.

Lower day seems the obvious choice but is it a bit much training squats and DL on the same day?

How about alternating a heavy squat day and heavy DL day? What I mean is heavy squats Tuesday for low reps with light DL for reps and then heavy DL Thursday with light squats for reps?

I've thought about doing something similar for my upper day so I get heavy OHP and heavy bench once a week and also a high rep day for both.

So much to do and so little time!!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 15, 2016, 01:06:20 AM »

Did 205 press ups tonight by the way.

I was concerned that I'd hit a bit of a plateau but I may have been wrong. I did 6 sets for 30, 30, 35, 35, 35, 35 & 40.

I expected to be doing a lot more for a single set by now but looking back over my spreadsheet I've improved hugely anyway so no real worries.

When I first started on the 6 sets plan 2 months ago I was doing around 150 each session. I've cracked 200 twice now and it's 4 weeks since I went below 180 so there's still a continual improvement.

Thinking about the 100 press ups challenge that a few on here have tried I can understand why so many (everyone I think) has failed. The apps that reckon you can get there in 6 weeks seem hugely unrealistic given what I know now. It's easy to see why people get demotivated when they were expecting 100 within two months but when it comes down to it it's actually going to take a hell of a lot longer.

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if I can't do 100 for a single set by the end of this year and I've done a f**king lot!!

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 15, 2016, 11:28:45 AM »

I'm struggling to think how to fit deadlifts in to actually build them up to a decent level without compromising bench press.

Current weekly routine is Monday to Thursday upper, lower, upper, lower which is working quite well for me.

Upper day tends to be pull, push, pull, push, pull and I usually do pull downs, bench press, bent over row, OHP, wide grip chins.

Lower day isn't particularly structured but it's something like squats, RDL, leg curl, leg extension.

If I stick with that where could I sneak deadlifts in? Obviously something has to go and ideally I'd like to do them twice a week to give myself a good chance of building reasonably quickly.

Lower day seems the obvious choice but is it a bit much training squats and DL on the same day?

How about alternating a heavy squat day and heavy DL day? What I mean is heavy squats Tuesday for low reps with light DL for reps and then heavy DL Thursday with light squats for reps?

I've thought about doing something similar for my upper day so I get heavy OHP and heavy bench once a week and also a high rep day for both.

So much to do and so little time!!

My main lifting days are upper/lower x2, but it tends to be Tuesday-Weds, Fri-Sat so I can rest in between.

Current split looks a bit like this

Lower 1

Over warm up on bench squats up to three singles.

3x6 Pause Squats (no bench)
1xAMRAP at last weight on pauses

Accessory work

Upper 1

Same as squats, but with the bench

Upper 2

Volume

4x12 on Inc DB and Cable rows

Lower 2

Same format as bench and squats but deadlifts.

Doing RDL will definitely help you DL. But all lower and upper stuff will help. Squats/leg press all help. LPD and rows all help.

Could stick 2 sets of five in each lower day? Not too heavy to start with so should take around 5-10 mins?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 15, 2016, 11:36:50 AM »

Matt that looks really messy, if you want me to send over what I actually do, PM me your email can send it over.

Also I think one of my aims is going to be a set of 100 press ups, seems pretty cool.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 15, 2016, 02:46:09 PM »

Matt that looks really messy, if you want me to send over what I actually do, PM me your email can send it over.

Also I think one of my aims is going to be a set of 100 press ups, seems pretty cool.

Yes I did think you may have just thrown a kebab at your keyboard and see what letters it found.

PM sent.

LPD = Lat pull down?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 15, 2016, 03:20:40 PM »

Yes I did think you may have just thrown a kebab at your keyboard and see what letters it found.

PM sent.

LPD = Lat pull down?

Haha, windmilled it there.

Yup, will send it over now, a little neater.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 15, 2016, 03:24:14 PM »

I think the problem with the single set of 100 press ups is the insane amount of sets less than 100 you're going to have to do leading up to it. Where are you going to fit them in?

My approach definitely isn't optimal for the single set so it wouldn't take as long as I might be looking at but it'll still be a good while.

I think if I pushed it I could maybe do a single set of 60 - 70. Problem is I'd do that set immediately after a warm up and I'd then be unable to do any more. That's definitely not going to help me get to 25k.

I suppose seeing as I'm 2 weeks ahead of schedule I could afford a bit of a try at it and see what happens. Might see how I'm feeling tonight and maybe give it a go for a max set.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 15, 2016, 03:45:53 PM »

I think the problem with the single set of 100 press ups is the insane amount of sets less than 100 you're going to have to do leading up to it. Where are you going to fit them in?

My approach definitely isn't optimal for the single set so it wouldn't take as long as I might be looking at but it'll still be a good while.

I think if I pushed it I could maybe do a single set of 60 - 70. Problem is I'd do that set immediately after a warm up and I'd then be unable to do any more. That's definitely not going to help me get to 25k.

I suppose seeing as I'm 2 weeks ahead of schedule I could afford a bit of a try at it and see what happens. Might see how I'm feeling tonight and maybe give it a go for a max set.

Yeah I would not expect multiple sets. Just one set til failure. If I was doing your challenge, I wouldn't go bonkers for one set, maybe the last one?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 16, 2016, 08:23:03 AM »

Managed all 4 sessions this week but had to adapt as Quinn was born on Friday so did Sat/Sun instead and had two good sessions with Sat resulting in
4x4 wide grip chins (all other exercises 4x8-10 and 1min rest between sets except Tri set which has 1min after the 3 exercises)
Tri set of
Wide grip LPD
Bent over barbell row
Incline bicep curl

Bench press

Dips

I then added 4x4 underhand close grip chins
And finished with uh pull downs

Doing the chins was great and 6 weeks ago there's no way I could have done them so have one week left of this now before the final phase.

Will post some squat vids this week

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: