blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:37:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535511 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: February 07, 2017, 10:31:40 PM »

So went in for a second session today. Nice and easy though

8x8 Leg Ext

4x8 T Bar OHP

4x8 LPD

4x10 Calves

Mixed in either core or handstand in between sets. Took about 40 mins. Was pretty intense but didn't seem too bad coming out so hopefully recover.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: February 08, 2017, 01:47:48 PM »

8x8 Leg Ext

4x8 T Bar OHP

4x8 LPD

4x10 Calves

Mixed in either core or handstand in between sets. Took about 40 mins. Was pretty intense but didn't seem too bad coming out so hopefully recover.

Easy is definitely the way to go if you're doing two sessions a day.

Can't say it looks particularly easy but I'll take your word for it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: February 08, 2017, 02:05:20 PM »

Bench today

3x5 95 didn't have a spot, but not totally convinced 97.5 was there anyway.

3x8 DB press 36 v tough

3x8e OAR 48 felt pretty easy and probably the best technically for a while

Any target for bench on Saturday? 105kg perhaps?

Thoughts on how heavy you may be able to go on the OAR? if 3 x 8 is easy then you've got to be looking at 60+ for an attempt?

I am thinking 110, I might get 115 with a bit of help

OAR just gonna use whatever I have left in the tank. I cant imagine any reps above 50 will be nice ones.

Will have a think on potential numbers, probably do it PL style with 3 attempts on each.

Would 110 be a PR? Can't recall you saying you've hit that number before?

I'll definitely be gunning for 130 if you hit 110. You seem to be eating in to my slender lead.......

I was thinking along similar lines. Probably start with my usual warm up (shake my arms about a bit) then go for:

Bar x 5

40kg x 5

60kg x 3

80kg x 2

100kg x 1

115kg x 1

Then on to the important bit......

125kg

127.5kg

130kg

If I feel really good I'll skip 127.5 but I don't want to get too greedy even if it's there. Got to remember that my next round of this programme will be based on my new PR so if I hit a miraculous 140kg for some bizarre reason I'm gonna be fucked when it comes to the volume part doing 3 x 3 at the same weight I've just been hitting singles.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: February 08, 2017, 03:55:11 PM »

8x8 Leg Ext

4x8 T Bar OHP

4x8 LPD

4x10 Calves

Easy is definitely the way to go if you're doing two sessions a day.

Can't say it looks particularly easy but I'll take your word for it.

It was pretty intense, but nowhere near as heavy as normal. Just focusing more on tension really. Lats feel really stiff today. Put a lot of work in on lats the last few months trying to engage them properly.

I have a loose outline for sessions at the minute. Sticking with my for core session of 2x upper and lower. Then have 4 full body sessions focusing on volume that I will try and pick and choose depending on stiffness/energy/balance.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 08, 2017, 03:57:32 PM »

I have done 110 unassisted when I was about 105kg. 115 assisted. Feel confident with 110. Not so much with 115, 115 will be a PB.

My attempts are shaping up at

OHP

75 (Would be a PB, I think)

Bench

Squat

140 (A PB)

DL

200 (probably won't attempt this as I my lower back might be a bit fried, and that would equal a PB.)

Mainly looking for some pressing PBs
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 08, 2017, 07:02:55 PM »

I'm going to have to bring some food with me aren't I? Can't see this being a 40 minute session somehow.......

I haven't squatted since I felt a bit of a twinge a while ago. It really threw my confidence as I thought it was a potential hernia waiting to happen. My research on the subject makes me think it's actually just a hip impingement so I'm working on that at the moment ready to try squats again in the near future. Might have a go on Saturday but doubt I'll be trying any real numbers.

Think I can just about match you on those OHP numbers

Deadlift I'm only about 100kg behind you at the moment so fairly even. I did 82.5kg today for 5 x 10. Guess that must translate to a half reasonable 1RM possibly around 140kg. See how they go.

I wasn't planning on doing anything I may fail at but if you try 120 on the bench I'll have to go for 140 of course. I'd expect a failure at that tbh but again you never know....

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 08, 2017, 10:47:30 PM »

I'm going to have to bring some food with me aren't I? Can't see this being a 40 minute session somehow.......

I haven't squatted since I felt a bit of a twinge a while ago. It really threw my confidence as I thought it was a potential hernia waiting to happen. My research on the subject makes me think it's actually just a hip impingement so I'm working on that at the moment ready to try squats again in the near future. Might have a go on Saturday but doubt I'll be trying any real numbers.

Think I can just about match you on those OHP numbers

Deadlift I'm only about 100kg behind you at the moment so fairly even. I did 82.5kg today for 5 x 10. Guess that must translate to a half reasonable 1RM possibly around 140kg. See how they go.

I wasn't planning on doing anything I may fail at but if you try 120 on the bench I'll have to go for 140 of course. I'd expect a failure at that tbh but again you never know....

Pretty sure I will fail 120, but interested to see by how much.

Squat we can just go through some technique work.

DL I won't be pushing myself too hard, I hope.

I think it will be about 90-120mins depending on how much accessory, I may be pretty tired from the main four. 20 mins on each lift seems legit, including some warm ups and a chat.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 08, 2017, 10:49:05 PM »

Just one session today

5x5e Split squats with the bar bell, 45kg. Tougher than expecting.

8x8 T bar row 40kg

4x8e Lat raise

4x8 Ham Curl

4x12 Tricep

Sessions that are split that way are my second session of the day, or not one of my 4 core sessions I want to do a week. The second leg session I will miss this week as will design the 1RM stuff with Matt
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 08, 2017, 10:55:32 PM »

good luck boys on Saturday.  Hope you both smash some PB's.  Looking forward to the trip report.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 08, 2017, 11:30:33 PM »

http://physiqonomics.com/bulk-diet-recomp/

What do you guys think of this? Personally it's exactly what I wanted to hear. I was given advice on this thread to focus on the training and let the fat loss take care of itself. However I'm still super skinny fat especially around my torso, I HATE it, and I'm looking for a good reason to trim the body fat off tbh.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: February 09, 2017, 12:02:45 AM »

What do you guys think of this? Personally it's exactly what I wanted to hear. I was given advice on this thread to focus on the training and let the fat loss take care of itself. However I'm still super skinny fat especially around my torso, I HATE it, and I'm looking for a good reason to trim the body fat off tbh.

I haven't read it yet, but its from Aadam so assuming its a lot of sense.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 09, 2017, 12:06:44 AM »

Sense as ever, its your choice. You just need to be informed either way.

No matter what route you take, it is going to take years.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: February 09, 2017, 01:06:51 AM »

Well I've read it but I can't actually see any advice there. He's basically saying "if you're fat, lose some fat. If you're skinny, put on some weight. If you're skinny fat do a bit of both". Where's the bit where he tells you how to do it?

When did you get the advice to focus on training? Doesn't seem that long ago and you're worried that you're still skinny fat. Mate it takes fucking ages. Don't expect a miraculous transformation in a couple of months.

We said to focus on training but at the time you seemed to be more worried about gaining muscle than losing fat. What we said was that if your priority is to get more muscular then focus on training. If your diet is reasonable then there is absolutely zero doubt that your physique will shift toward what you desire over time.

If losing fat is now your priority then of course your nutrition becomes the most important factor. Shift your training to whatever burns the most calories and eat as little as possible without going to dangerous levels. If you do this there's zero doubt that you'll lose that belly faster than if you eat more and just focus on the main lifts.

Don't come back in 4 weeks complaining that your chest isn't 44" yet though okay.....

Sorry to sound harsh but I think you need a dose of reality. To reiterate what Harvey has just said, it's going to take years.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 09, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »

good luck boys on Saturday.  Hope you both smash some PB's.  Looking forward to the trip report.

Cheers mate. How's your training going? Any progress on your chest work?

You not fancy joining us?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 09, 2017, 04:27:44 PM »

Well I've read it but I can't actually see any advice there. He's basically saying "if you're fat, lose some fat. If you're skinny, put on some weight. If you're skinny fat do a bit of both". Where's the bit where he tells you how to do it?

When did you get the advice to focus on training? Doesn't seem that long ago and you're worried that you're still skinny fat. Mate it takes fucking ages. Don't expect a miraculous transformation in a couple of months.

We said to focus on training but at the time you seemed to be more worried about gaining muscle than losing fat. What we said was that if your priority is to get more muscular then focus on training. If your diet is reasonable then there is absolutely zero doubt that your physique will shift toward what you desire over time.

If losing fat is now your priority then of course your nutrition becomes the most important factor. Shift your training to whatever burns the most calories and eat as little as possible without going to dangerous levels. If you do this there's zero doubt that you'll lose that belly faster than if you eat more and just focus on the main lifts.

Don't come back in 4 weeks complaining that your chest isn't 44" yet though okay.....

Sorry to sound harsh but I think you need a dose of reality. To reiterate what Harvey has just said, it's going to take years.

This, always an option to email Aadam about some coaching, he does a lot online. No idea what he charges, but I will assume its pretty good value as he is a really sensible and intelligent man.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: