blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:44:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535530 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: January 30, 2017, 10:45:12 PM »

You are far more health conscious than most. Most upper bodies are in reasonable shape from what I have seen, albeit a small sample size. Legs seem to be troublesome for most on the neuro issues from people that go there.

All depends on where the lesions are, but it's definitely legs for most of us, in different forms.

As long as you can hang on to those Vegas strippers..... Cheesy

Harvey mentioned 'neuro' issues. So is it a brain function that's not telling your legs what they should be doing? That in turn means your legs get weak and the problem is multiplied?

Not been to the  for a few years, but mate wants to go this year, so I might rock up one night Cheesy

I've got MS, so my  own body attacks my CNS, and forms lesions on my brain/spine. Our spinal cord has a sheath, kind of like the plastic coating on a cable for your TV. My body attacks this, causing lesions.

The lesions disrupt the messages that my body sends out, and means that nothing does what its told, kind of like me as a kid. Mine is kind of a catch 22 with the spasticity, as my physio thinks that it's the reason I can't walk, but also the reason I can stand.

My sample size is really small, i think only 5 have MS, the rest parkinson's and strokes. But all five MS have fantastic upper body movement. All really struggle with their legs. Maybe upper body will restriction will come in time?

It is a self run charity, so the chairmen suffers from MS too, but his legs have increased no end the last year or so. Still can't walk unassisted but he can stand now fairly comfortably and even alternate from one leg to another. You by far have the strongest legs out of the few, and are at the top for awareness and effort in going to the gym so regularly. But from my understanding the symptoms differ incredibly from person to person.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: January 30, 2017, 11:46:04 PM »

Low volume heavy day on the bench programme today.

3 x 2 @ 85% (102.5kg)
3 x 1 @ 90% (110kg)

My 1RM test is supposed to be next week but it doesn't feel like I'm anywhere near heavy enough at the moment. I guess I'll find out when I'm under the bar though. I'm only supposed to add 5kg to my max which would be 125kg as I'm currently working from 120kg assumed max. I was going to go for 130kg but will definitely try for 125kg first then decide whether to go again or not.

PR first, ego second. It's a long road to 160kg so little steps are fine.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: January 31, 2017, 12:18:49 AM »

Our house needs some TLC over the next 12 weeks so we have to move out. I am moving to about 90 seconds walk away from Pure gym so I am toying with a few 2x a day training sessions. In the past I have last 1 and three days so not sure how it will go. But since its so close, I feel I may miss an opportunity to do it, and I can just smash some cheesecake to recover (only half serious).

I am thinking something like 8x8 anterior 8x8 posterior in the AM then some 3x5/4x6/3x8 in the PM. I am not sure how I will go, or if I will do it as lately even 5x a week has tired me out, but if I stick to just going 4x days a week, I may be able to trick my brain. Who knows.

If you live within 2 minutes of the gym then twice a day sessions are a no brainer.

I do want to give it a go, I just need to plan it well so I don't crash and burn. Feel like its too much of an opportunity to not though. I just dont know how long it may last!

Eat loads of extra clean food and sleep more.

I never did heavy weights twice per day but I occasionally did weights and squash, weights and fighting or weights and then light weight/swim/abs.

Seriously it's really tough and pretty much takes over unless you half arse one of the sessions in which case you might as well just go once.

Remember the 5000+ calories discussion..... Well you're going to be getting towards those numbers to maintain bodyweight.

As long as you fuel your sessions you have a chance. You need to find a good pre-workout meal that you can fit in to your day. Oatmeal mixed in with a protein shake was always one of my 'go to' meals. Two minutes and you're sorted.

Interested to see how it goes.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: January 31, 2017, 09:30:49 AM »

Our house needs some TLC over the next 12 weeks so we have to move out. I am moving to about 90 seconds walk away from Pure gym so I am toying with a few 2x a day training sessions. In the past I have last 1 and three days so not sure how it will go. But since its so close, I feel I may miss an opportunity to do it, and I can just smash some cheesecake to recover (only half serious).

I am thinking something like 8x8 anterior 8x8 posterior in the AM then some 3x5/4x6/3x8 in the PM. I am not sure how I will go, or if I will do it as lately even 5x a week has tired me out, but if I stick to just going 4x days a week, I may be able to trick my brain. Who knows.

If you live within 2 minutes of the gym then twice a day sessions are a no brainer.

I do want to give it a go, I just need to plan it well so I don't crash and burn. Feel like its too much of an opportunity to not though. I just dont know how long it may last!

Eat loads of extra clean food and sleep more.

I never did heavy weights twice per day but I occasionally did weights and squash, weights and fighting or weights and then light weight/swim/abs.

Seriously it's really tough and pretty much takes over unless you half arse one of the sessions in which case you might as well just go once.

Remember the 5000+ calories discussion..... Well you're going to be getting towards those numbers to maintain bodyweight.

As long as you fuel your sessions you have a chance. You need to find a good pre-workout meal that you can fit in to your day. Oatmeal mixed in with a protein shake was always one of my 'go to' meals. Two minutes and you're sorted.

Interested to see how it goes.

I've tried and failed it twice before. I find t iso tiring, but people really close might just help the mental side so I'm hoping that will help.

I dont think I will do heavy twice, one volume in the am and then strength in the pm. My overall volume will go up a far bit by adding 124 reps in the AM, but I may take out some of the reps in the PM to focus on heavier longer rests. I am not sure yet. Overall volume will still go up though of course.

Not sure what additions food wise, I will probably just eat when I am hungry and be pretty flexible for the first month, and then refocus if I need to. I think I just want to focus solely on training and making sure they are the best sessions I can do.

But not too sure yet, it could all go very wrong by a week today.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: January 31, 2017, 09:32:58 AM »

3 x 2 @ 85% (102.5kg)
3 x 1 @ 90% (110kg)

My 1RM test is supposed to be next week but it doesn't feel like I'm anywhere near heavy enough at the moment. I guess I'll find out when I'm under the bar though. I'm only supposed to add 5kg to my max which would be 125kg as I'm currently working from 120kg assumed max. I was going to go for 130kg but will definitely try for 125kg first then decide whether to go again or not.

160 is heeeaaaaavy.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: January 31, 2017, 04:13:21 PM »

You are far more health conscious than most. Most upper bodies are in reasonable shape from what I have seen, albeit a small sample size. Legs seem to be troublesome for most on the neuro issues from people that go there.

All depends on where the lesions are, but it's definitely legs for most of us, in different forms.

Harvey mentioned 'neuro' issues. So is it a brain function that's not telling your legs what they should be doing? That in turn means your legs get weak and the problem is multiplied?

Not been to the  for a few years, but mate wants to go this year, so I might rock up one night Cheesy

I've got MS, so my  own body attacks my CNS, and forms lesions on my brain/spine. Our spinal cord has a sheath, kind of like the plastic coating on a cable for your TV. My body attacks this, causing lesions.

The lesions disrupt the messages that my body sends out, and means that nothing does what its told, kind of like me as a kid. Mine is kind of a catch 22 with the spasticity, as my physio thinks that it's the reason I can't walk, but also the reason I can stand.

My sample size is really small, i think only 5 have MS, the rest parkinson's and strokes. But all five MS have fantastic upper body movement. All really struggle with their legs. Maybe upper body will restriction will come in time?

It is a self run charity, so the chairmen suffers from MS too, but his legs have increased no end the last year or so. Still can't walk unassisted but he can stand now fairly comfortably and even alternate from one leg to another. You by far have the strongest legs out of the few, and are at the top for awareness and effort in going to the gym so regularly. But from my understanding the symptoms differ incredibly from person to person.

I think it's all dependent on lesion burden, and which areas of the spinal cord and brain have lesions. I know some people that don't have problems with their legs, but their eyesight has gone, or they can't use arms, and have no dexterity in their upper limbs.

Must be rewarding for you, when you see them making such improvements, and no doubt the same for them. I'd guess the only reason they're still strong, is that they were really strong before I got MS, so maybe took longer for them to gradually weaken.

It's nice getting out the house again, albeit expensive for a trainer 4x a week, even if it's cheaper than the regular price. I might try negotiating a large discount if I pay for a year in one go Cheesy

I know plenty of people will have similar symptoms, but don't know any 2 people that have the same collective group of them. 

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: January 31, 2017, 04:23:25 PM »

Legs today, and started with a couple sets on the hack squat machine, but doing them facing in.

I had no plates on mine, obv.

Only managed two sets, before my clonus started going crazy and I couldn't keep my feet down.

Moved over to the leg press and did 20/40/60 for 10s, but only managed 2 reps with 80 before I had to stop.

Tried doing a drop set to finish, but my clonus was too bad, and I could only do a 4/5 reps with no plates at all on it.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: January 31, 2017, 05:31:15 PM »

I think it's all dependent on lesion burden, and which areas of the spinal cord and brain have lesions. I know some people that don't have problems with their legs, but their eyesight has gone, or they can't use arms, and have no dexterity in their upper limbs.

Must be rewarding for you, when you see them making such improvements, and no doubt the same for them. I'd guess the only reason they're still strong, is that they were really strong before I got MS, so maybe took longer for them to gradually weaken.

It's nice getting out the house again, albeit expensive for a trainer 4x a week, even if it's cheaper than the regular price. I might try negotiating a large discount if I pay for a year in one go Cheesy

I know plenty of people will have similar symptoms, but don't know any 2 people that have the same collective group of them. 

It is so interesting to see, I can't take too much credit though, I am only there 45 mins a week, and they do ALOT outside of when i am there. I think with any of these kind of things, the stronger you are going in the better you will be. I do think its so so so important to try and maintain for as long as possible though. And then as unfortunate as it is, focus on regressing as slow as possible.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: January 31, 2017, 05:33:24 PM »

Squats today

3x5 112.5 felt good, had a tiny touch on the very last rep to help me keep straight.

4x12 LP 190* felt really good

3x8 RDL 105 felt kinda poor, probably not thinking about the movement enough

3x6e Split squat 30kg Just feel I have zero momentum with these so may chance to a BB or DB either side as opposed to a goblet.

* I have added it up wrong both times in the last two weeks and its only been 180. Well played.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: January 31, 2017, 05:54:21 PM »

Dunno what is it but decided once and for all to clean up my diet. Two days in so far and going strong Cheesy going lower on carbs and fats, upping the vegetables and trying to get in about 150g of protein a day. Not counting strictly but i have a rough idea of how to get it in. I just got so sick of my skinny fat body that i've decided to do something about it.

Decided to progress slightly slower in terms of the weight i'm lifting, rather than going 5x5 then upping the weight i'll do a 3x5 then a 8x4 2 workouts later. Aadam Ali (thanks for the resource iRaise) posted something cool which resonated with me:

"Fatigue", "pain", "sweat" are NOT indicators of a successful workout.
A successful workout is one where you improved on the previous workout. Whether this is more reps, sets, weight lifted, better form, etc.
This doesn't mean don't train with intensity – DO train hard. But, I see far too many people equate how (bad) they feel with how successful or effective that workout was.
Focus on progression not how bad you can make yourself feel.

I'm happy to slow the process of progression to ensure i progress.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: January 31, 2017, 09:02:21 PM »

Dunno what is it but decided once and for all to clean up my diet. Two days in so far and going strong Cheesy going lower on carbs and fats, upping the vegetables and trying to get in about 150g of protein a day. Not counting strictly but i have a rough idea of how to get it in. I just got so sick of my skinny fat body that i've decided to do something about it.

Decided to progress slightly slower in terms of the weight i'm lifting, rather than going 5x5 then upping the weight i'll do a 3x5 then a 8x4 2 workouts later. Aadam Ali (thanks for the resource iRaise) posted something cool which resonated with me:

"Fatigue", "pain", "sweat" are NOT indicators of a successful workout.
A successful workout is one where you improved on the previous workout. Whether this is more reps, sets, weight lifted, better form, etc.
This doesn't mean don't train with intensity – DO train hard. But, I see far too many people equate how (bad) they feel with how successful or effective that workout was.
Focus on progression not how bad you can make yourself feel.

I'm happy to slow the process of progression to ensure i progress.

I share Aadam in my client FB group at least 2-3 times a week. I shared that one today. For my ego I muuuust have said it in this thread before though? It is one of my pet hates when some tool boasts about being stiff and then can't do his training because he is stiff. Nice one mate, let me know how that works out cutting your weekly volume by 25%.

Aadam is very smart and more importantly really eloquent. He says stuff so much better than me. If you want to build a great physique, he is ya man. If you want to build a strong physique, maybe you need a variety of sources. But I would recommend following him just to hear sense on a regular basis.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: February 01, 2017, 12:02:10 AM »

Not sure whether I should say this after Harvey's last post but I can handle being called a tool I suppose....

So on Saturday I did my DL session. Usual leg press, RDL and then DL.

Anyway as it was a Saturday I had a bit more time than usual. There was also an insanely hot girl near one of the squat racks so I figured a few SLDL wouldn't hurt and would also give me the opportunity for the occasional glance.

Fast forward a few days and my poor hammies have only just recovered Cheesy

To be fair I could've trained DL today but decided to have one more day off as I'll still get 4 sessions in this week and just felt one more day could make a difference.

It wasn't a heavy session at all but the volume was a bit more than usual. Definitely felt a good session and will do it again on Saturday for sure. All good stuff for that slow build up on the DL.

70kg tomorrow for another 5 x 10. Long way to go.....

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: February 01, 2017, 12:05:25 AM »

3 x 2 @ 85% (102.5kg)
3 x 1 @ 90% (110kg)

160 is heeeaaaaavy.

Seriously can't imagine moving it at all. I'm not worried about this attitude by the way. I can imagine moving 140kg even though my current max is 120kg so I'm sure that once my max is at 140kg the heavier targets will seem much more feasible.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: February 01, 2017, 12:11:58 AM »

I've tried and failed it twice before. I find t iso tiring, but people really close might just help the mental side so I'm hoping that will help.

I dont think I will do heavy twice, one volume in the am and then strength in the pm. My overall volume will go up a far bit by adding 124 reps in the AM, but I may take out some of the reps in the PM to focus on heavier longer rests. I am not sure yet. Overall volume will still go up though of course.

Not sure what additions food wise, I will probably just eat when I am hungry and be pretty flexible for the first month, and then refocus if I need to. I think I just want to focus solely on training and making sure they are the best sessions I can do.

But not too sure yet, it could all go very wrong by a week today.

Come on mate, you know fine well that they won't be the best sessions you can do if you aren't adequately fuelled. They'll be the best you can do on the fuel you have perhaps but you know they could be better.

Seriously you can't just eat when you're hungry if you're taking your training to another level like this. You could see some huge gains over the next 3 months if you do this right. Not an opportunity to be missed in my opinion.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: February 01, 2017, 12:55:00 AM »

If you going twice daily really think you need to be strict with your split training regime or you gonna be burning out in no time
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: