blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:22:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535852 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: January 27, 2017, 08:48:39 AM »

Lovely accessory session this morning.

Really light curls and side lateral raise as part of my warm up.

30kg DB press super set with OAR for 4 sets of 10

Another super set of BOR in to OHP which was a killer. Went 20kg, 40kg and 2 x 50kg on those for 10 on the BOR then AMRAP on the OHP. Killer!!

Finished with pull ups (not many....) in to 30x press ups for 3 sets.

Proper pumped Smiley

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: January 27, 2017, 04:30:31 PM »

Lovely accessory session this morning.

Really light curls and side lateral raise as part of my warm up.

30kg DB press super set with OAR for 4 sets of 10

Another super set of BOR in to OHP which was a killer. Went 20kg, 40kg and 2 x 50kg on those for 10 on the BOR then AMRAP on the OHP. Killer!!

Finished with pull ups (not many....) in to 30x press ups for 3 sets.

Proper pumped Smiley

Vooooooolume.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: January 28, 2017, 01:37:40 AM »

Savages ITT

Did legs on Thursday, and did a warm up with no plates, then 20/40/60/80/100/80/60/40/20.

Sets of 10 on all, bar the 100, which was 5 reps and a partial.

Not sure what the plate alone is on the new machine, but will find out for reference.

Did a split back/shoulder workout this afternoon, and then bounced home for a Nandos.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: January 28, 2017, 02:54:56 PM »

Savages ITT

Did legs on Thursday, and did a warm up with no plates, then 20/40/60/80/100/80/60/40/20.

Sets of 10 on all, bar the 100, which was 5 reps and a partial.

Not sure what the plate alone is on the new machine, but will find out for reference.

Did a split back/shoulder workout this afternoon, and then bounced home for a Nandos.

Solid finish mate Cheesy

So what actually occurs with your legs? Clearly they're reasonably strong but do they just not quite do what you want them to all of the time?

Are they okay in certain plains of motion but then go wrong with forces applied at other angles?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: January 28, 2017, 03:59:38 PM »

Can't beat some good old chicken Grin

Hard to explain, but I've got really bad spasticity/weakness in both legs.

If you imagine how steady you are on your feet with 20 pints of stella onboard. Multiply the balance problems by 10, and that's how steady I am on my feet.

I can stand, but can't walk without tipping up, so use crutches to keep me upright. I've got some power in my legs, but my core/hamstrings/glutes are pretty dead.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: January 28, 2017, 07:15:08 PM »

If you imagine how steady you are on your feet with 20 pints of stella onboard. Multiply the balance problems by 10, and that's how steady I am on my feet.

I can stand, but can't walk without tipping up, so use crutches to keep me upright. I've got some power in my legs, but my core/hamstrings/glutes are pretty dead.

You are MILES ahead of the people I work with at STING. I think you so amazing all things considered! Definitely an inspiration for me.

Keep it up.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: January 28, 2017, 07:17:54 PM »

DL today

3x5 160/162.5 really want to maintain tension which I lose a bit on the 5th rep. But happy

4x8 Fronts, 55 for two sets of bodybuilder type tempo. Then 80 for two sets with a bit more of a normal tempo for me

3x30-40steps farmers with 46. Grip is one that needs work right now.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: January 28, 2017, 09:07:59 PM »

You are MILES ahead of the people I work with at STING. I think you so amazing all things considered! Definitely an inspiration for me.

Keep it up.

Appreciate it a lot, but I'm quite lucky in that I haven't lost any function in my upper body, and I'm sure that I have it much easier than the vast majority of people that you help.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: January 30, 2017, 01:40:02 PM »

Keep it up.

Appreciate it a lot, but I'm quite lucky in that I haven't lost any function in my upper body, and I'm sure that I have it much easier than the vast majority of people that you help.

You are far more health conscious than most. Most upper bodies are in reasonable shape from what I have seen, albeit a small sample size. Legs seem to be troublesome for most on the neuro issues from people that go there.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: January 30, 2017, 04:45:47 PM »

Bench today

3x5 92.5 couldnt find a spotter, so just went with straight sets at this one. Feels ok, but going up I would like one there if not for the morale

3x8 DB press 36 moved up here, failed on the 8th every rep, didn't think that would happen as 34's are a gimme.

3x8e OAR 48 failed the 8th here too, so maybe I was just a bit fatigued
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: January 30, 2017, 04:48:17 PM »

Our house needs some TLC over the next 12 weeks so we have to move out. I am moving to about 90 seconds walk away from Pure gym so I am toying with a few 2x a day training sessions. In the past I have last 1 and three days so not sure how it will go. But since its so close, I feel I may miss an opportunity to do it, and I can just smash some cheesecake to recover (only half serious).

I am thinking something like 8x8 anterior 8x8 posterior in the AM then some 3x5/4x6/3x8 in the PM. I am not sure how I will go, or if I will do it as lately even 5x a week has tired me out, but if I stick to just going 4x days a week, I may be able to trick my brain. Who knows.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: January 30, 2017, 07:10:01 PM »

As long as you can hang on to those Vegas strippers..... Cheesy

Harvey mentioned 'neuro' issues. So is it a brain function that's not telling your legs what they should be doing? That in turn means your legs get weak and the problem is multiplied?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: January 30, 2017, 07:20:20 PM »

Our house needs some TLC over the next 12 weeks so we have to move out. I am moving to about 90 seconds walk away from Pure gym so I am toying with a few 2x a day training sessions. In the past I have last 1 and three days so not sure how it will go. But since its so close, I feel I may miss an opportunity to do it, and I can just smash some cheesecake to recover (only half serious).

I am thinking something like 8x8 anterior 8x8 posterior in the AM then some 3x5/4x6/3x8 in the PM. I am not sure how I will go, or if I will do it as lately even 5x a week has tired me out, but if I stick to just going 4x days a week, I may be able to trick my brain. Who knows.

If you live within 2 minutes of the gym then twice a day sessions are a no brainer.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: January 30, 2017, 09:05:27 PM »

You are far more health conscious than most. Most upper bodies are in reasonable shape from what I have seen, albeit a small sample size. Legs seem to be troublesome for most on the neuro issues from people that go there.

All depends on where the lesions are, but it's definitely legs for most of us, in different forms.

As long as you can hang on to those Vegas strippers..... Cheesy

Harvey mentioned 'neuro' issues. So is it a brain function that's not telling your legs what they should be doing? That in turn means your legs get weak and the problem is multiplied?

Not been to the  for a few years, but mate wants to go this year, so I might rock up one night Cheesy

I've got MS, so my  own body attacks my CNS, and forms lesions on my brain/spine. Our spinal cord has a sheath, kind of like the plastic coating on a cable for your TV. My body attacks this, causing lesions.

The lesions disrupt the messages that my body sends out, and means that nothing does what its told, kind of like me as a kid. Mine is kind of a catch 22 with the spasticity, as my physio thinks that it's the reason I can't walk, but also the reason I can stand.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: January 30, 2017, 10:38:40 PM »

If you live within 2 minutes of the gym then twice a day sessions are a no brainer.

I do want to give it a go, I just need to plan it well so I don't crash and burn. Feel like its too much of an opportunity to not though. I just dont know how long it may last!
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: