blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:13:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535489 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: February 05, 2017, 01:33:27 AM »

I've had a bit of an on/off week. Decent bench day Monday, decent DL day Wednesday, can't remember which day I did my bench accessories but it was okay and haven't managed a 4th session yet. Planning on being there in the morning to get my second DL session in but that's going to throw things a bit starting again on Monday.

Do you ever find having set days for certain things can mess you up? For me Monday is my chest day and that's it. I don't know why, it just is and the rest of the week follows from there. If I don't do DL tomorrow then really I should do them on Monday but I know I won't be able to so they'd just get missed.

What is it with the psychology of having to fit everything in to a week and then start again? I think it would be a very powerful asset if you could ignore what day of the week it was and just train in cycles picking up where you left off if you miss a day for whatever reason.

How does everybody else do with this? Is it an issue or not something you notice?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: February 05, 2017, 02:44:17 AM »

I do Mon/Tue/Thurs/Fri - Chest&Bi/Legs&Core/Shoulders&Tri/Back

As I'm totally sedentary for work, I don't mind doing 4 days on the spin if I miss a Monday, or 3 if I miss a Tuesday. That said, if it's not possible I just skip the body part the week, and then continue on the correct days.

I might reverse the split to mix is up in March, as I'm going away for Cheltenham, and just going to splashing around in a hot-tub drinking Corona.

I have my infusions on Wednesday, so that doesn't get in the way. Physio is Tuesday or Thursday, so I go Thursdays, which means my lower body isn't rinsed before legs.

Guess it is a bit OCD thinking about it, but would it make much difference if you're not competing?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: February 05, 2017, 12:40:58 PM »

Didn't eat great Friday due to moving everything. So was fairly tired today, but strength wasn't too bad.

3x5 DL 160/165/170. Really disappointed with the last rep at 170, just shouldn't have done it. It was really ugly and I just don't want to do those kind of reps right now.

Some front squats where the last set was a little poor too.

One great set of farmers and two above average ones.

On the flip side, a fantastic handstand day, so silver linings and all.

I really want to catch up with you on deadlifts. Going to take a while but I'll get there I promise.

On the flip side I have no desire to do a handstand whatsoever.

Grass is greener, I would love your pressing
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: February 05, 2017, 12:44:10 PM »

I've had a bit of an on/off week. Decent bench day Monday, decent DL day Wednesday, can't remember which day I did my bench accessories but it was okay and haven't managed a 4th session yet. Planning on being there in the morning to get my second DL session in but that's going to throw things a bit starting again on Monday.

Do you ever find having set days for certain things can mess you up? For me Monday is my chest day and that's it. I don't know why, it just is and the rest of the week follows from there. If I don't do DL tomorrow then really I should do them on Monday but I know I won't be able to so they'd just get missed.

What is it with the psychology of having to fit everything in to a week and then start again? I think it would be a very powerful asset if you could ignore what day of the week it was and just train in cycles picking up where you left off if you miss a day for whatever reason.

How does everybody else do with this? Is it an issue or not something you notice?

Mind set is key right. I have noticed some pretty linear progress since I have been more flexible both with training and food over the last 6 months. I do two upper and two lower a week, but the start days all depend on how I feel Monday. If I am stiff in X I will do Y or if I am just shattered I start on Tuesday. Doing four a week allows that flexibility, but then I do understand people will be more time pressed than I am. I always prefer legs on Monday to start the week off, but since I am DL-ing Saturday at the min I am back to upper on a Monday.

Training 6 days a week made it tough! But I always go on legs is hardest, fit training around them.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: February 05, 2017, 12:45:19 PM »

As I'm totally sedentary for work, I don't mind doing 4 days on the spin if I miss a Monday, or 3 if I miss a Tuesday. That said, if it's not possible I just skip the body part the week, and then continue on the correct days.

I might reverse the split to mix is up in March, as I'm going away for Cheltenham, and just going to splashing around in a hot-tub drinking Corona.

I have my infusions on Wednesday, so that doesn't get in the way. Physio is Tuesday or Thursday, so I go Thursdays, which means my lower body isn't rinsed before legs.

Guess it is a bit OCD thinking about it, but would it make much difference if you're not competing?

I don't even think it makes that much difference when you are competing. Weekly volume with dictate progress. you just have to figure out the best way to fit it all in.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: February 05, 2017, 01:49:00 PM »

I don't even think it makes that much difference when you are competing. Weekly volume with dictate progress. you just have to figure out the best way to fit it all in.

I think it makes zero difference which is why it's odd that I can't break the habit.

I guess it ties in with starting a fresh week at work, fresh week at the gym, just a fresh week all over really and put the last one behind you.

The interesting thing is that you say 'weekly volume'. Why 'weekly'. Why not '5 day volume' or '6 day volume'. It's that whole mind set of fitting everything in to a week that I find interesting.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 05, 2017, 01:57:26 PM »

Made it this morning for deadlifts and managed 5 x 10 @ 80kg

Bit of a jump up from where I intended to be but I was finding it a bit too light so needed to skip a stage.

I think I have it pitched about right now. There was zero form breakdown but it wasn't easy so I had to focus. I'm going to try incrementing by 2.5kg each session with two sessions per week until I fail a set then re-evaluate.

Volume is still going to be key for a while as I work on technique, the big weights can come later.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: February 05, 2017, 02:36:37 PM »

I think it makes zero difference which is why it's odd that I can't break the habit.

I guess it ties in with starting a fresh week at work, fresh week at the gym, just a fresh week all over really and put the last one behind you.

The interesting thing is that you say 'weekly volume'. Why 'weekly'. Why not '5 day volume' or '6 day volume'. It's that whole mind set of fitting everything in to a week that I find interesting.

Yeah weekly is a bit loose, as for some people it will be slightly different. Its like losing a lb of fat. Although some people will lose it in 4 days, others in 10, its more of a mid range point. Muscles also start to break down between the 4-15 day mark depending on how good your genetics are too.

I guess weekly helps fit into peoples schedule too, so it keeps it as simple as possible. I guess if you were doing for the most optimum results possible you would work out the exact time frames. How I am not too sure. Trial and error I guess.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: February 05, 2017, 02:37:26 PM »

Made it this morning for deadlifts and managed 5 x 10 @ 80kg

Bit of a jump up from where I intended to be but I was finding it a bit too light so needed to skip a stage.

I think I have it pitched about right now. There was zero form breakdown but it wasn't easy so I had to focus. I'm going to try incrementing by 2.5kg each session with two sessions per week until I fail a set then re-evaluate.

Volume is still going to be key for a while as I work on technique, the big weights can come later.

Seems a solid plan!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 06, 2017, 09:07:17 AM »

Felt really strong on bench this morning. I knew I was going to feel good as I've had no niggling pains at all for a good few days so mentally I felt strong.

I'm training with Harvey on Saturday so saving the 1RM for then so I did another low volume day in prep. 3 x 2 up to 107.5kg and 3 x 1 @ 112.5kg felt really easy so confidence is high going in for a PR at the weekend. Should be good for 125kg and possibly have a go at 130kg depending how well that moves.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: February 06, 2017, 11:30:34 PM »

Ironic about the timing chat yesterday. Had to suck it up and do legs today so I get the most amount of recovery time for Saturday

3x5 Squats 115kg felt good but heavy. Getting to the point where I am thinking 5 may be tough. But want to get to 120. Videoed the second set today and was really pleased with the depth and form.

3x8 RDL 105 again today, felt way better than last week.

3x6e split squat 30, still really heavy. Just not getting easier.

Hopefully a good 1RM day with Matt at the weekend.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: February 07, 2017, 12:09:04 AM »

Good luck guys. Looking forward to the report from your joint session!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: February 07, 2017, 04:58:43 PM »

Bench today

3x5 95 didn't have a spot, but not totally convinced 97.5 was there anyway.

3x8 DB press 36 v tough

3x8e OAR 48 felt pretty easy and probably the best technically for a while
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: February 07, 2017, 06:35:24 PM »

Bench today

3x8 DB press 36 v tough

Any target for bench on Saturday? 105kg perhaps?

Thoughts on how heavy you may be able to go on the OAR? if 3 x 8 is easy then you've got to be looking at 60+ for an attempt?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 07, 2017, 10:30:19 PM »

Bench today

3x8 DB press 36 v tough

Any target for bench on Saturday? 105kg perhaps?

Thoughts on how heavy you may be able to go on the OAR? if 3 x 8 is easy then you've got to be looking at 60+ for an attempt?

I am thinking 110, I might get 115 with a bit of help

OAR just gonna use whatever I have left in the tank. I cant imagine any reps above 50 will be nice ones.

Will have a think on potential numbers, probably do it PL style with 3 attempts on each.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: