blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:30:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535114 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: December 22, 2017, 08:21:48 PM »

209.8 this morning, so I didn't have to break the Veet out to make weight Grin

Done and dusted, time to hit the cakes!

Hahaha, i can't remember if I have said this story in here before, but I heard a russian female weightlifter once shaved her head to make weight then won gold. Not overly sure how try it all is, but what a story if so.

Nah, but I can believe it. Bird in UFC cut her dreads off to make weight for one of her fights.

To be fair, before I went to the barbers for a trim a few weeks back, my beard was prob weighing in at a pound or so Cheesy

Heard a story once where a UFC fighter had half the 'normal' levels of blood plasma he was that dehydrated to make weight, again no idea how true that is?!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: December 22, 2017, 08:52:25 PM »

Hahaha, i can't remember if I have said this story in here before, but I heard a russian female weightlifter once shaved her head to make weight then won gold. Not overly sure how try it all is, but what a story if so.

Nah, but I can believe it. Bird in UFC cut her dreads off to make weight for one of her fights.

To be fair, before I went to the barbers for a trim a few weeks back, my beard was prob weighing in at a pound or so Cheesy

Heard a story once where a UFC fighter had half the 'normal' levels of blood plasma he was that dehydrated to make weight, again no idea how true that is?!

Some of them cut extreme amounts of weight, to the point of their body just not being able to sweat anymore, and their organs shutting down.

Whilst I don't know they exact science behind it, if it's possible, they've likely done it.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: December 22, 2017, 10:23:06 PM »

Some of them cut extreme amounts of weight, to the point of their body just not being able to sweat anymore, and their organs shutting down.

Whilst I don't know they exact science behind it, if it's possible, they've likely done it.

From my understanding pretty much that. They become that dehydrated they end up losing fluid from blood. A) how is that even allowed to get to that stage, and B) how amazing is the human body to partition nutrients etc like that.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: December 22, 2017, 11:11:40 PM »

In some states I don't think it is, and unless I'm mistaken, they weigh the fighters before the fight, to make sure they're not cutting extreme amounts.

Human body is definitely a very amazing thing, and can do some incredible things.

Especially the ones that work properly Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: December 24, 2017, 04:40:15 PM »

Mine was when I realised I was less than 1/2 a stone from hitting 20... Been a lot harder to lose it this time, as I'm a lot more immobile etc.

I'm going to eat whatever I want over xmas, but as soon as I start back in the gym, I'll go back to a stricter routine, rather than mooching about into the year lol.

The mate who is my PT was out at the weekend, and some girl started saying to him he  is getting too big, and to be careful.

His response had me creased 'I'm 17 and a 1/2 stone with abs, so I'm not too worried, but thanks' Cheesy

Great work Marky.  I had another 'my moment' when i got back to virtually 21 stone.  Back under 19 stone now and seem to have found the training/lifestyle balance now to hopefully last long term.  Nearly 3 months in now and going well.  Don't really want to post on here weekly as that never worked in the past.  Trying to do it quietly and get my head down and stay focused.

Still an avid reader of this thread even though i don't post so keep posting everyone.

If you have a 1 rep max meet up session around Stafford or anywhere in the Midlands would love to come along and have a go with some decent spotters.

Current weights for core exercises for 8-10 reps (without a spotter) are just for interest and review at later stage.  Training mon/tues/wed/fri every week.  Diet is pretty high protein and cut down a lot on carbs from previous attempts.  Cut out dairy totally which isn't an issue now.  Only thing i used to eat was too much cheese and not really missing that at all.

Flat bench 75kg now 82.5
Incline bench 65kg now 75kg
Dumbbell bench 30kg now 34kg
Bicep barbell curl 40kg now 47.5kg
Deadlift 120kg (taken this easy as suffered a lower back issue last year when i tried some 1-2 rep maxs) now 165kg x 4 reps last week. 
Power cleans 65kg now 70kg
Stiff legged deadlift 65kg now 75kg
Bend over barbell row 65kg now 80kg
Overhead tricep dumbbell presses 24kg dumbbell now 34kg
Shoulder dumbbell press 24kg now 28kg

Couple of extra exercises i have added in/forgot about including last time

Barbell upright row 45kg
Tbar bent over row 60kg
One arm bent over row 38kg
Lying down EZ bar tricep presses 35kg
Standing bicep curl 20kg
Standing bicep hammer curl 18kg
Seated bicep curl 18kg

Update for my own records and anyone who is interested.  Training gone really well last few weeks.  Had some family issues in early Novemeber which was a set back and upset my schedule for a couple of weeks.  Last 5/6 weeks have been great.

Upped the schedule to 5 days a week.  Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri/Sat with two rest days.  Still on the same 3 work out schedule so i basically do two of the three workouts twice a week on a 3 week cycle.  The other work out i only do once that week i go super heavy on and try to increase the PB's on this week when those bodyparts are fresh.

Still using Promax lean but added Creatine powder (5g a day) to this last few weeks and noticing an increase in strength.  Diet similar to before no real changes.

Deadlifts are really going well.  They are definitely my fav exercise.  I think i have the 'right' build for deadlifting tbh.  Got over the mental issue of the weight which injured me last year.  Warm up doing set of 20 reps with 120kg to get going.  Did 140kg easily after that for 10 reps then 150kg x 6 and 160 x 3.  So thought 'fuck it' lets try 165kg and got out 2 reps fairly easily tbh.  Going to rest well over xmas and try 170kg first session back for at least 1 rep.

Going to add in barbell behind neck press for shoulders after xmas as well.  Might have to use smith machine as my gym doesn't have a loose bar station for it which is a shame.

Weak area (Chest) is getting better but still frustrating weight wise.  Enjoying the dumbells more than the flat barbell stuff. 

Body Weight is still around 120kg but quite a change in body shape last 2 months.  Lost nearly 2 inches off my waist and trousers are a lot looser around my thighs which is great.

Happy xmas to everyone and enjoy the rest.  Hopefully we can all sort out a training meeting early next year.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: December 24, 2017, 04:41:04 PM »

Great work Marky.  Fantastic effort.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: December 26, 2017, 04:33:00 PM »

Eddie's WR deadlift 1 hour show from last year on my5 right now if anyone wants to watch the whole show.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: January 05, 2018, 01:04:31 PM »

Good rest over xmas and plenty of food/calories.  First session back in 2018 i smashed out a 170kg deadlift for 2 sets of 2 reps after watching Eddie win WSM.  Think there was still more but didn't fancy pushing it too much.  Really looking forward to training in 2018 and where it goes.

Is everyone buried under xmas food/chocolates?  Thread is pretty quiet.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: January 05, 2018, 04:14:30 PM »

Took all of Xmas off, back to it this week.

Gone pretty well over all, did most of what I planned to. Added some more volume in overall and gassed a bit yesterday.

Loved the WSM coverage, some seriously strong guys out there, be really fun to watch over the next 5 years. I didn't think Eddie would win it at all, would still be surprised if you he won it again, the events were so perfect for him, not having a keg toss type and have the tyres really heavy benefitted him. But no doubt he is incredibly statically strong. Just can't see Thor not wining, and the new Polish guy who's name I daren't attempt to spell seems a huge prospect. Even Ganishia looks a potential. I think this was Eddie's 5/6th WSM and theres a few very strong guys in their 1-3 WSM.

mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: January 05, 2018, 06:27:52 PM »

New to this thread so Hi to all - advice required.

I am the best part of nearing 58 and have recently had a lung removed, before I had the operation I was fit as a butchers dog (builder).

I have now been sat on my arse for 8 months as I still have some niggling issues, the problem that I have is I have put on a couple of stone, all on my stomach – can’t see the little man now.

So I am thinking of joining a gym and the only thing that appeals to me is the weights but will this assist in losing the stomach flab and will it get my fitness levels
up.

Cheers

PS. I am six foot and 14.4 stone should really be 12.5

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: January 05, 2018, 08:29:31 PM »

I took the whole of Xmas & NY off, too. Back in the gym Monday.

Been nice scoffing everything for a couple weeks, and be interesting to see what the weight is Monday morning Cheesy

@Mikey - If you want rid of your belly, then it's more about what you are eating than anything else. I'll leave the other advice to the experts.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: January 06, 2018, 03:36:55 PM »

I took the whole of Xmas & NY off, too. Back in the gym Monday.

Been nice scoffing everything for a couple weeks, and be interesting to see what the weight is Monday morning Cheesy

@Mikey - If you want rid of your belly, then it's more about what you are eating than anything else. I'll leave the other advice to the experts.

Sounds about right to me. I would go as far as saying if you want to lose fat from anywhere, it comes down to calories in vs calories out.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: January 06, 2018, 03:39:14 PM »

New to this thread so Hi to all - advice required.

I am the best part of nearing 58 and have recently had a lung removed, before I had the operation I was fit as a butchers dog (builder).

I have now been sat on my arse for 8 months as I still have some niggling issues, the problem that I have is I have put on a couple of stone, all on my stomach – can’t see the little man now.

So I am thinking of joining a gym and the only thing that appeals to me is the weights but will this assist in losing the stomach flab and will it get my fitness levels
up.

Cheers

PS. I am six foot and 14.4 stone should really be 12.5

Not sure where you are based, but its always worth having someone watch over you, whenever I train with Matt he spots something I know I shouldn't be doing but just don't know I am doing it.

The bad part about being a builder is you use so many KCALs a day doing your job you can get into some really bad food habits but they get covered up for years (calories in vs calories out). The good news is if you didn't do that you may well have been in a very different situation.

Not even too sure what to advise lung wise, I guess its start slow and build up just like anything else. But the advice I would give to anyone is calories matter, moving well is key.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: January 06, 2018, 03:40:29 PM »

Had to wait around for Sky today so a later than normal DL session then a food shop after. Pretty much a perfect saturday if you ask me.. I say this, heavily dependant on how it goes.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: January 06, 2018, 10:39:56 PM »

Highlights:

8x140
6x150
4x160 (felt really good)
1x170 (think I fucked it a bit with the 160, went to failure which I tried not to do for that reason. Wanted a 1-2 more than that)

OHP

3x5 60kg, felt good there

3x8e Lunge with 24kg DBs, grip struggles as much as legs with that one.
3x8e SL RDL with the 24s again.

We finally have jumping boxes at the gym now, so got 4x3 at 107cm/42inches. Really want to get 150cm which is all the boxes but thats crazy crazy high. But always enjoyed doing vertical jumps and really want to work on my power to help my speed through the squat.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: