blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:55:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534823 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: December 18, 2017, 05:27:50 PM »

BoR are at 110kg now and I'm going to need straps soon with those. RDL at 120kg and DL up to 140kg. Slowly getting better with these.

My lower back seems to be holding up okay despite the heavier weights so all very positive.

On a less positive note I did a crazy triceps session on Saturday after big bench day and I've fucked my elbows. Not the brightest move as they'd been really good up to then.

Still can't get 135kg out for a single although 130kg is moving quicker. Might try 132.5kg on Saturday as I need a bit of a boost. Training partner managed 160kg for a very solid single. He's coming along nicely.

Got my little BoR, RDL, DL, OHP session again tonight which is rapidly becoming my favourite. I'm going to try straps for the BoR and RDL so hopefully that will help get a couple more strict reps.

Elbows are still f**ked Sad Really regretting that triceps session the other Saturday now. This weekend I could only go up to 120kg for fives on bench and that was with the slingshot. Also had both my elbow cuffs on the one side as well as my wrist fully strapped. It's starting to get better slowly but I've really set myself back there which is annoying. The worst thing is I'm going to have to stop pull ups as well which were just starting to come along.

Pretty pissed off with myself but still getting to the gym so not the end of the world.

Great work from Marky hitting the 15st target. Really impressive stuff there.

That's pretty shit, but at least you can still train. Maybe a week off over xmas will help it along, and you'll be fresh for a new assault on the PBs in January.

I actually only managed 210.6 on Saturday morning, and was 214 after the 40th anniversary meal Cheesy

Guess I'd better have a sensible few days this week, and see if I can get close again before the weekend!

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: December 18, 2017, 05:34:32 PM »

BoR are at 110kg now and I'm going to need straps soon with those. RDL at 120kg and DL up to 140kg. Slowly getting better with these.

My lower back seems to be holding up okay despite the heavier weights so all very positive.

On a less positive note I did a crazy triceps session on Saturday after big bench day and I've fucked my elbows. Not the brightest move as they'd been really good up to then.

Still can't get 135kg out for a single although 130kg is moving quicker. Might try 132.5kg on Saturday as I need a bit of a boost. Training partner managed 160kg for a very solid single. He's coming along nicely.

Got my little BoR, RDL, DL, OHP session again tonight which is rapidly becoming my favourite. I'm going to try straps for the BoR and RDL so hopefully that will help get a couple more strict reps.

Elbows are still f**ked Sad Really regretting that triceps session the other Saturday now. This weekend I could only go up to 120kg for fives on bench and that was with the slingshot. Also had both my elbow cuffs on the one side as well as my wrist fully strapped. It's starting to get better slowly but I've really set myself back there which is annoying. The worst thing is I'm going to have to stop pull ups as well which were just starting to come along.

Pretty pissed off with myself but still getting to the gym so not the end of the world.

Completely missed that BOR, that is really fricking strong. Well played.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: December 19, 2017, 07:02:24 AM »

They're a bit cheaty so not completely impressive. I got the technique from Cailer Woolam, don't know if you've heard of him, I assume so as he's an absolute beast of a guy. Video below showing the technique I use:

Managed to get 6 out at 120kg last night. Straps made a huge difference and it was nice that my form went before my grip. I'm going to have to use them all the time now as obviously don't want grip to be the limiting factor.

BoR also up to 120kg but DL only to 120kg for triples. I did dead lift last which made it difficult to go any heavier as my back was pretty fried. Probably should've done them first then moved on to the accessories. Lesson learnt for next session.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: December 21, 2017, 09:28:14 PM »

They're a bit cheaty so not completely impressive. I got the technique from Cailer Woolam, don't know if you've heard of him, I assume so as he's an absolute beast of a guy. Video below showing the technique I use:

Managed to get 6 out at 120kg last night. Straps made a huge difference and it was nice that my form went before my grip. I'm going to have to use them all the time now as obviously don't want grip to be the limiting factor.

BoR also up to 120kg but DL only to 120kg for triples. I did dead lift last which made it difficult to go any heavier as my back was pretty fried. Probably should've done them first then moved on to the accessories. Lesson learnt for next session.

Use a belt yet?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: December 21, 2017, 09:32:07 PM »

Good session today

DL

150x6
160x4
170x2
170x2

Completely lost my shoulders on both of the last reps on 170, which stopped me going for a third.

OHP

60 for 5/5/4

Then lots of volume with accessory. Trying to keep a high volume day in, not sure it should be on a heavy DL day.

One more official day this week, then not too sure. Probably won't train next week, but will see how much energy I have.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: December 21, 2017, 09:57:26 PM »

I had to wait in all day for the opticians, so haven't trained today, but gonna go do a bit of shoulders & back tomorrow.

Was 210.8 this morning, so should have probably whacked some senna down to guarantee success tomorrow Cheesy

Happy xmas guys, and hope everyone has a great time, filled with calories!

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: December 21, 2017, 10:58:40 PM »

I had to wait in all day for the opticians, so haven't trained today, but gonna go do a bit of shoulders & back tomorrow.

Was 210.8 this morning, so should have probably whacked some senna down to guarantee success tomorrow Cheesy

I'm sure that can be achieved.

Loving shoulders at the minute, even did a raise the other day. First bit of isolation on a specific delt for about three years.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: December 21, 2017, 11:20:50 PM »

I'm sure that can be achieved.

Loving shoulders at the minute, even did a raise the other day. First bit of isolation on a specific delt for about three years.

I'd imagine I'll average ~5k per day, between the 23rd-1st.

I just enjoy getting out of the office, as it's the only time my fat ass is out of my chair all day.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: December 22, 2017, 09:06:08 AM »

Use a belt yet?

I use a belt for my heavier RDL and BoR. I don't particularly feel that I need it for safety but I'm trying to get used to it and also use it as a cue for breathing and bracing.

On RDL I seem to get a weird feeling in my glutes and hams which initially worried me that something might be about to go pop. Now I think it's just the belt is taking my back out of the equation and helping to isolate glutes and hams.

I've tried the belt on DL but it really cuts in to my mid section. I've tried different positions but it's always really uncomfortable. Might just have to man up I suppose.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: December 22, 2017, 09:09:26 AM »

Good session today

DL

150x6
160x4
170x2
170x2

Completely lost my shoulders on both of the last reps on 170, which stopped me going for a third.

OHP

60 for 5/5/4

Then lots of volume with accessory. Trying to keep a high volume day in, not sure it should be on a heavy DL day.

One more official day this week, then not too sure. Probably won't train next week, but will see how much energy I have.

Nice numbers there mate, 200kg got to be on the cards for 2018 if you decide to go that way.

Strong OHP as well, I can go a bit heavier than that for doubles and singles but I think 5/5/4 at 60kg would be a real struggle. Might try it next time I'm in.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: December 22, 2017, 03:11:59 PM »

Use a belt yet?

I use a belt for my heavier RDL and BoR. I don't particularly feel that I need it for safety but I'm trying to get used to it and also use it as a cue for breathing and bracing.

On RDL I seem to get a weird feeling in my glutes and hams which initially worried me that something might be about to go pop. Now I think it's just the belt is taking my back out of the equation and helping to isolate glutes and hams.

I've tried the belt on DL but it really cuts in to my mid section. I've tried different positions but it's always really uncomfortable. Might just have to man up I suppose.

Going to get a proper lifting belt in the new year, the one I have is pretty budget but it does the job. Want to scale up.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: December 22, 2017, 03:13:49 PM »

Good session today

DL

150x6
160x4
170x2
170x2

OHP

60 for 5/5/4

Nice numbers there mate, 200kg got to be on the cards for 2018 if you decide to go that way.

Strong OHP as well, I can go a bit heavier than that for doubles and singles but I think 5/5/4 at 60kg would be a real struggle. Might try it next time I'm in.

I think I will get to 200 with just natural progression, I'm not actively looking for my heaviest 1rm, but two strenght blocks next year I think I will push it.

I did video a set to send to you actually, just wanted an ego boost in you saying how much more stacked I am these days, although i was slightly arched in the lower back.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: December 22, 2017, 06:33:08 PM »

209.8 this morning, so I didn't have to break the Veet out to make weight Grin

Done and dusted, time to hit the cakes!

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: December 22, 2017, 06:43:42 PM »

Hahaha, i can't remember if I have said this story in here before, but I heard a russian female weightlifter once shaved her head to make weight then won gold. Not overly sure how try it all is, but what a story if so.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: December 22, 2017, 06:51:28 PM »

Hahaha, i can't remember if I have said this story in here before, but I heard a russian female weightlifter once shaved her head to make weight then won gold. Not overly sure how try it all is, but what a story if so.

Nah, but I can believe it. Bird in UFC cut her dreads off to make weight for one of her fights.

To be fair, before I went to the barbers for a trim a few weeks back, my beard was prob weighing in at a pound or so Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: