blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:52:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535081 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: January 15, 2018, 11:26:12 AM »

Really annoying week this week timing wise, might not to be able to get many sessions in which is one of the first weeks ever I think life might get in the way. Not a huge fan of this growing up stuff if I am honest. I have two days I should be able to definitely go in, but will try to fit something in Thursday/Friday if I can.

Just ordered a new lifting belt, the slightly stronger ones so really looking forward to that and eBay saw me coming and put the knee wraps in the same colour as a suggested item so I got them too.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: January 15, 2018, 04:56:04 PM »

Was somebody on here asking about elbow supports recently? Harvey mentioning his new belt jogged my memory but I can't find the post.

I use these ones:

https://www.improveyourbench.co.uk/products/compression-cuff-2-0-sold-individually

Expensive but really good. If you're thinking of buying some let me know and we'll discuss sizing as it's a bit tricky getting it right.

All the stuff on this site is good by the way, I've got their belt, wrist wraps and elbow cuffs all of which have helped me immensely. This is also where the slingshot came from if you fancy adding a few kg to your bench.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: January 16, 2018, 11:23:34 AM »

Squats and OHP again tonight.

5th session of this and it's definitely getting easier as I've managed to cut the breaks down a bit between each set.

Sticking to 80kg squats and 60kg OHP unless it gets too easy which I can't see happening any time soon.

Definitely something I want to work on this year, just having a better engine and being able to recover in between sets quicker. Talk of a Sunday League 7 a side with some of my mates so I might intermittently do that, slight caveat is its in London so I will almost certainly be hungover/sleep deprived when I do it But do quite fancy some team sport.

When I look at how intensely I used to train compared to now I can see that my recovery rates must've been incredible. It was 4 exercises 4 sets of 6 to 12 pyramiding up in weight pretty much to failure every set. Rest period was basically as long as it took the other guy to do his set then you were back in. We used to get that lot done in 30 to 40 minutes including warm ups.

Helps explain why I used to need 5000+ calories per day I suppose.

Had a really good back session last night managing PRs on both my BoR variations. Up to 120kg on the slightly cheating BoR and 60kg on the T bar. Without wanting to tempt fate I feel like my back is finally getting strong. Not just stronger but actually strong. Even just getting the bar out of the rack for BoR used to be tough but last night it felt easy. It's taken time but hopefully now I can start to push a bit and get that deadlift up towards the high hundreds. Would love a good form 500lb at some point in the future but that's a long way off. Can definitely see it being a possibility though.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: January 16, 2018, 03:38:40 PM »

Squats and OHP again tonight.

5th session of this and it's definitely getting easier as I've managed to cut the breaks down a bit between each set.

Sticking to 80kg squats and 60kg OHP unless it gets too easy which I can't see happening any time soon.

Definitely something I want to work on this year, just having a better engine and being able to recover in between sets quicker. Talk of a Sunday League 7 a side with some of my mates so I might intermittently do that, slight caveat is its in London so I will almost certainly be hungover/sleep deprived when I do it But do quite fancy some team sport.

Had a really good back session last night managing PRs on both my BoR variations. Up to 120kg on the slightly cheating BoR and 60kg on the T bar.

Cant even think about even cheat rowing 120. I barely do 120 for RDLs.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: January 17, 2018, 09:28:22 PM »

today is legs & shoulders.  i had stopped doing squats & replaced with leg press however with this thread i'm going to ask the instructor to help show me how to do squats properly, before i always hurt myself & just gave up, however time to get past that. 

expect to see some super low numbers later... a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Fantastic attitude Sov!!

Good luck and keep posting. It's helping me immensely having the extra motivation from here so stick around.

i can do squats now Smiley

Welcome back Sov and great news about the squats  thumbs up

How's training in general? Have you been going consistently since you started? Noticed any positive changes?

Hey Matt

I've been inconsistent last year but last few months I've been doing much better. Feeling great tbh, I've been doing super slow reps at lower weights & have generally focused much more on good form. Making progress but importantly enjoying going. I generally go on lunch now & do one muscle group well rather than push pull etc. 

Probs could do with more cardio but been doing lis (sp) like super steep walking after a session, my mate makes me do it, very strange but I like it in a weird way

Not been on blonde much for ages, how are the big lads doing?

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: January 18, 2018, 12:20:09 PM »

training going well this month.  Haven't managed to do 170kg deadlift again.  The xmas food/rest definitely helped me pull that off the floor i reckon.  Did 2 sets of 5 on 160kg last week which i was pleased with.  Dumbbell benching 36kg now for 6-8 reps with no spotter which i am pleased with.  Up to 38kg dumbbells for overhead two handed tricep press.  Triceps are feelings really strong which is probably helping with the dumbbell benching improvements.

Will post a full update at end of the month on new weights lifted for each part etc.  It was me who was asking about elbow supports Matt.  Got them sorted now.  I play cash with a guy at Walsall who is a serious lifter and he got me some strongman style log pressing elbow supports the pros use.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:26:36 PM by arbboy » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: January 18, 2018, 05:55:23 PM »

Will have done 4 sessions for the last 2 weeks after tomorrow, but I'm still not really arsed about eating properly.

Will be alright once I get a good week or 2 under my belt, so to speak. Still about 217, so not really doing any damage.

Managed 100 for 1 on Monday, but only just got that up, and couldn't move it more than a few inches on the 2nd rep Cheesy

You guys got any dates that work for you lot in the next month or so?

I've got my Nan's 90th next weekend, but free to fire up the line any weekend other than before Cheltenham.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: January 18, 2018, 07:37:30 PM »

training going well this month.  Haven't managed to do 170kg deadlift again.  The xmas food/rest definitely helped me pull that off the floor i reckon.  Did 2 sets of 5 on 160kg last week which i was pleased with.  Dumbbell benching 36kg now for 6-8 reps with no spotter which i am pleased with.  Up to 38kg dumbbells for overhead two handed tricep press.  Triceps are feelings really strong which is probably helping with the dumbbell benching improvements.

Will post a full update at end of the month on new weights lifted for each part etc.  It was me who was asking about elbow supports Matt.  Got them sorted now.  I play cash with a guy at Walsall who is a serious lifter and he got me some strongman style log pressing elbow supports the pros use.

Got 170 on the cards for tomorrow, will see where we get to.

Just got a new belt which is a bit heavy duty, will look at elbow wraps soon I think.

Nice numbers your end though!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: January 18, 2018, 07:38:23 PM »

Will have done 4 sessions for the last 2 weeks after tomorrow, but I'm still not really arsed about eating properly.

Will be alright once I get a good week or 2 under my belt, so to speak. Still about 217, so not really doing any damage.

Managed 100 for 1 on Monday, but only just got that up, and couldn't move it more than a few inches on the 2nd rep Cheesy

You guys got any dates that work for you lot in the next month or so?

I've got my Nan's 90th next weekend, but free to fire up the line any weekend other than before Cheltenham.

Weekends pretty busy til end of Feb, but anyone who's free around then I should be in! Would love a meet up.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: January 18, 2018, 11:10:23 PM »

I'm in for first weekend in March if everyone else can.

Tell me where we want to do it, and I'll book myself a hotel.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: January 19, 2018, 12:05:07 PM »

Going to have to be a Sunday for me if we meet up. Got a really good thing going with my training partner on a Saturday so don't want to miss one of those.

Did a few deadlifts last night and pushed it a bit for a few singles.

60kg x 8
80kg x 5
100kg x 2
120kg
140kg
150kg
160kg

Finished off with 3 x 3 at 130kg

Surprised myself getting a 160kg in. Pretty sure that's a PB so got to be good.

No adverse affects from it today so quite positive for the future.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: January 19, 2018, 12:48:56 PM »

Any Sunday day time is perfect for me tbh.  I am probably the most flexible person time wise/schedule wise so happy to fit around everyone else for a meet up.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: January 19, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »

EvilPie - hope you don't mind me asking but I was looking at your deadlift stats and I am wondering what weight and height you are I presume that both height and weight can have limitations on how much you can lift - or is it more technique that helps.

I am still raring to get down the gym just waiting for a consultation with the health team.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: January 19, 2018, 07:30:24 PM »

Any Sunday day time is perfect for me tbh.  I am probably the most flexible person time wise/schedule wise so happy to fit around everyone else for a meet up.

Same as that, maybe leave it until after Chelts, rather than squeezing it in right at beginning of March.

I might be back under 15 stone then, too Cheesy

Matt weighs about the same as I do, but about a foot taller.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: January 19, 2018, 08:19:09 PM »

Sundays definitely best for me to make an afternoon of it. Can squeeze a session in anyway but wouldn't mind some food and a drink after. Happy for Notts or round here, I think we get two votes for round here, but if we all know Notts/DTD can make more of a day of it.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: