blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:39:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535042 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: January 23, 2018, 11:33:50 PM »

I got an app to track everything I eat/drink, and it's the best thing I've ever done.

Myfitness pal is superb, and I'd say definitely worth the £40 a year. I'm pretty sure you can even have it free, if you don't mind being spammed by ads etc.

Great fun when you bang out a 6k cal cheat day Cheesy

Yeah I thought that app was awesome....

Back in the day when I actually used it 

Get back on it!

Nothing like logging your 5k+ days and seeing you'll be 250lbs if you eat like that for 5 weeks Grin

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: January 23, 2018, 11:44:48 PM »

Am heading that way, 2-3 nights of free food and booze every week 

I sometimes go a whole mon-fri when I haven’t spent a bean on food. Sounds good,  but it terrible for the waistline and makes it hard to make good food choices 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: January 24, 2018, 12:33:01 AM »

I sometimes go a whole mon-fri when I haven’t spent a bean on food. Sounds good,  but it terrible for the waistline and makes it hard to make good food choices 

Just one wafer thin mine, monsieur? Wink

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: January 24, 2018, 12:57:26 AM »

Rum and raisin Yorkie tonight unfortunately  Roll Eyes
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 24, 2018, 01:13:02 AM »

Couple bags of salt & vinegar smiths, and a snickers, here.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: January 25, 2018, 08:32:00 PM »

Couple bags of salt & vinegar smiths, and a snickers, here.

I'm being a crisp fiend at the minute.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: January 25, 2018, 08:34:11 PM »

Been a good week for me. 3 nights of 5 x 5 squats and 5 x 5 OHP went well. Had bit of a blip tonight when for some reason OHP set 4 went a bit weird. I could hardly move the first one and bailed after 3 because it all felt wrong. Still got 5 out on the last set so it must've been a set up problem somehow.

Bench yesterday went nicely, got up to 135kg for a single with a very slight spot, 140kg easy with the slingshot and 145kg slingshot again with a very slight spot.

We're planning on running the bench programme that I've used before starting next week. We've been doing mostly low rep stuff since I started with my new partner so it'll be good to see how the programme affects both our maxes. I'll work on an assumed max of 135kg as that's my recent best, 145kg was back in August and I know I couldn't shift that at all now so got to drop down. Target will probably be to get a 140kg single but be happy with anything more.

Might eat loads in the build up then as soon as it's done diet down ready for Vegas in April. If I bump up my calories for the next 5 weeks I might be around the same weight as when I last hit a PR. That would then give 7 weeks to slim back down a bit for Vegas. See how that pans out but I'm not going to push for anything in particular.

What are they now?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: January 25, 2018, 08:38:35 PM »

Nice training week so far.

'Heavy' squats, which is so embarrassing when they numbers come out, but really struggling to get stronger through my legs, even tho they are growing. But really like my technique at the minute, so I just need to keep going. 100/110/115 for but not thrilled with the actual numbers.

Bench 4x6-8 at 87.5 which I am really happy with. Really like the range and control and a bit more respectable with the weight there.

Speed DLs today 6x3 130, first 4 sets felt quiiiick then they go slower way to fast.

3x3-5 65kg today. Really annoying I couldn't match last week but think it was just one of those days.

Chins/pull ups tomorrow.

Current weight 85-87 so pleased with that, actually over the moon to maintain so well over the last few months.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: January 25, 2018, 10:54:52 PM »

Been a good week for me. 3 nights of 5 x 5 squats and 5 x 5 OHP went well. Had bit of a blip tonight when for some reason OHP set 4 went a bit weird. I could hardly move the first one and bailed after 3 because it all felt wrong. Still got 5 out on the last set so it must've been a set up problem somehow.

Bench yesterday went nicely, got up to 135kg for a single with a very slight spot, 140kg easy with the slingshot and 145kg slingshot again with a very slight spot.

We're planning on running the bench programme that I've used before starting next week. We've been doing mostly low rep stuff since I started with my new partner so it'll be good to see how the programme affects both our maxes. I'll work on an assumed max of 135kg as that's my recent best, 145kg was back in August and I know I couldn't shift that at all now so got to drop down. Target will probably be to get a 140kg single but be happy with anything more.

Might eat loads in the build up then as soon as it's done diet down ready for Vegas in April. If I bump up my calories for the next 5 weeks I might be around the same weight as when I last hit a PR. That would then give 7 weeks to slim back down a bit for Vegas. See how that pans out but I'm not going to push for anything in particular.

What are they now?

I'm not sure what they are but they're very consistent so I know I can easily increase or decrease with a few tweaks.

I actually checked back through the thread and noticed that when I last hit a bench PR of 145kg I was weighing in pretty much the same as I am now so I've cancelled the extra calories plan anyway. I'm just going to work through the programme as before and see what happens. I'm sure that I'm generally stronger now than I was back then so hopefully I can do something decent with the right build up.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: January 25, 2018, 10:58:22 PM »

'Heavy' squats, which is so embarrassing when they numbers come out, but really struggling to get stronger through my legs, even tho they are growing. But really like my technique at the minute, so I just need to keep going. 100/110/115 for but not thrilled with the actual numbers.

Bench 4x6-8 at 87.5 which I am really happy with. Really like the range and control and a bit more respectable with the weight there.

Speed DLs today 6x3 130, first 4 sets felt quiiiick then they go slower way to fast.

3x3-5 65kg today. Really annoying I couldn't match last week but think it was just one of those days.

Chins/pull ups tomorrow.

Current weight 85-87 so pleased with that, actually over the moon to maintain so well over the last few months.

I'd love to have those squat numbers mate. I made slight increase this week on my 5 x 5 bumping up to 85kg for a couple of sets. Didn't feel any different to 80kg so I'll stick at that for my next session which is tomorrow. Three weeks in to squatting three times per week now and I can definitely notice the difference. Feeling much stronger and my legs have grown quite a bit as well.

Assume the 65kg is your OHP? You're pulling away from me on those so I may have to stick a couple of little discs on to catch back up. I'm still at 60kg for 5 x 5, it's getting easier but still not what I'd call easy so I don't need to go up for any reason other than ego.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: January 25, 2018, 11:06:57 PM »

Going to have to be a Sunday for me if we meet up. Got a really good thing going with my training partner on a Saturday so don't want to miss one of those.

Did a few deadlifts last night and pushed it a bit for a few singles.

60kg x 8
80kg x 5
100kg x 2
120kg
140kg
150kg
160kg

Finished off with 3 x 3 at 130kg

Surprised myself getting a 160kg in. Pretty sure that's a PB so got to be good.

No adverse affects from it today so quite positive for the future.

Genuinely could be at 200 by the end of next month if you stay injury free. I am adamant you could have had it last year.

Another deadlift PR today. Maybe you're right Smiley

I did a much better warm up this week including some RDLs at 120kg which I think got everything firing nicely.

60 x 8
90 x 5
120 x 3
150 x 1
170 x 1
150 x 2
140 for 3 x 3

Really pleased with 170kg. It moved much better than 160 last week and I stayed much tighter. Definitely feel like there's a bit more there.

I used straps last week but managed tonight with hook grip. The work I've been doing on that seems to be paying off as I didn't feel any pain even at this decent weight. Grip definitely doesn't feel like it might be a limiting factor at any point.

Finished off with some light BoR and 34kg farmers walks.

Fun session.

Confidence is high on DL at the moment. My back feels very strong and I think a lot of it is to do with all the squats I've been doing. My breathing and bracing seems to be much more focussed which the squats have definitely helped with. General core strength will be improving so all very positive for a push this year.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: January 26, 2018, 09:25:27 AM »

Chins/pull ups tomorrow.

I'd love to have those squat numbers mate. I made slight increase this week on my 5 x 5 bumping up to 85kg for a couple of sets. Didn't feel any different to 80kg so I'll stick at that for my next session which is tomorrow. Three weeks in to squatting three times per week now and I can definitely notice the difference. Feeling much stronger and my legs have grown quite a bit as well.

Assume the 65kg is your OHP? You're pulling away from me on those so I may have to stick a couple of little discs on to catch back up. I'm still at 60kg for 5 x 5, it's getting easier but still not what I'd call easy so I don't need to go up for any reason other than ego.

Ah, forgot to type it but yup OHP. I am only good for three sets with those kind of numbers. I think five sets would be a struggle but will be looking to add another set in next month sometime.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: January 26, 2018, 09:26:32 AM »

Going to have to be a Sunday for me if we meet up. Got a really good thing going with my training partner on a Saturday so don't want to miss one of those.

60kg x 8
80kg x 5
100kg x 2
120kg
140kg
150kg
160kg

Genuinely could be at 200 by the end of next month if you stay injury free. I am adamant you could have had it last year.

I did a much better warm up this week including some RDLs at 120kg which I think got everything firing nicely.

60 x 8
90 x 5
120 x 3
150 x 1
170 x 1
150 x 2
140 for 3 x 3

Really pleased with 170kg. It moved much better than 160 last week and I stayed much tighter. Definitely feel like there's a bit more there.

I used straps last week but managed tonight with hook grip. The work I've been doing on that seems to be paying off as I didn't feel any pain even at this decent weight. Grip definitely doesn't feel like it might be a limiting factor at any point.

Fun session.

Confidence is high on DL at the moment. My back feels very strong and I think a lot of it is to do with all the squats I've been doing. My breathing and bracing seems to be much more focussed which the squats have definitely helped with. General core strength will be improving so all very positive for a push this year.

Thats mental with hook grip, painful for just used to it now?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: January 26, 2018, 10:54:35 AM »

60kg x 8
80kg x 5
100kg x 2
120kg
140kg
150kg
160kg

60 x 8
90 x 5
120 x 3
150 x 1
170 x 1
150 x 2
140 for 3 x 3

Fun session.

Thats mental with hook grip, painful for just used to it now?

I think I've just got used to it, I've also develop some pretty rough skin on my thumbs which helps a lot.

I've always hated the thought of reverse grip so when I started deadlifts ages ago I was using hook grip even when normal grip would've been fine. I think I've been using it for over a year now so I've slowly got used to it without going much above 120kg.

First time I tried it I probably only had 80kg on the bar and it was really painful but now it's not bad at all even at heavier weights. One thing I've noticed is that it's easier to do a 170kg single than a 140kg triple. 100kg BoR for a set of 5 are really painful because the momentum really pulls, definitely want to be using straps for the accessories now that they're getting a bit heavier.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: January 30, 2018, 11:41:09 PM »

Managed a 132.5kg single on bench on Saturday but failed again at 135kg. Just hits a wall about 6" off the chest so I'm going to do some specific work for that area. 132.5 as a max makes the old programme work out nicely as 75% is pretty much bang on 100kg so 2 plates for the next few weeks.

Had to have a day off on Sunday due to a hangover but Monday was reasonable with 120kg BoR and 4 x 5 pull ups and a final set of 7.

Squats tonight have seen another little increase. First set of 5 at 80kg then 4 x 5 at 90kg.

I've stopped the 5 x 5 OHP after squats now to cut down the pressing a bit as I go for a new PR on bench. I did some bench accessories today but the other two squat sessions will be some form of pull. Might squeeze in a few extra deadlifts somewhere, haven't decided yet.

Looking forward to the next few weeks especially the Saturdays. Should be interesting to see if I can hit a PR, I'm confident of beating the 132.5kg recent best but whether I can match 145kg is another matter.

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: