blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:38:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534461 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: January 31, 2018, 08:48:51 PM »

Managed a 132.5kg single on bench on Saturday but failed again at 135kg. Just hits a wall about 6" off the chest so I'm going to do some specific work for that area. 132.5 as a max makes the old programme work out nicely as 75% is pretty much bang on 100kg so 2 plates for the next few weeks.

Had to have a day off on Sunday due to a hangover but Monday was reasonable with 120kg BoR and 4 x 5 pull ups and a final set of 7.

Squats tonight have seen another little increase. First set of 5 at 80kg then 4 x 5 at 90kg.

I've stopped the 5 x 5 OHP after squats now to cut down the pressing a bit as I go for a new PR on bench. I did some bench accessories today but the other two squat sessions will be some form of pull. Might squeeze in a few extra deadlifts somewhere, haven't decided yet.

Looking forward to the next few weeks especially the Saturdays. Should be interesting to see if I can hit a PR, I'm confident of beating the 132.5kg recent best but whether I can match 145kg is another matter.

Big bench numbers

got a decent 2x8 90kg then 2x6 90kg, kinda just ran out of steam a bit, but really like that volume. Really, really pleased with the . I think my PB for 100 was 4-5, maybe 4 with a spot on the 5th. That was just for one set so really looking forward to pushing multiple sets out with that over the next few months.

DLs Friday I think

Chins/PU tomorrow.

Planning an agility/conditioning session for Saturday now I am semi regularly playing football on a Sunday. Jokingly said I would be the top scorer at the end of the league and I think the top scorer has 5 and I have two, so I actually might try and do it. I was a CB for the majority if my playing days and flippantly threw out I will be the striker and nobody challenged me.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: February 02, 2018, 10:16:56 AM »

Managed a 132.5kg single on bench on Saturday but failed again at 135kg. Just hits a wall about 6" off the chest so I'm going to do some specific work for that area. 132.5 as a max makes the old programme work out nicely as 75% is pretty much bang on 100kg so 2 plates for the next few weeks.

Had to have a day off on Sunday due to a hangover but Monday was reasonable with 120kg BoR and 4 x 5 pull ups and a final set of 7.

Squats tonight have seen another little increase. First set of 5 at 80kg then 4 x 5 at 90kg.

I've stopped the 5 x 5 OHP after squats now to cut down the pressing a bit as I go for a new PR on bench. I did some bench accessories today but the other two squat sessions will be some form of pull. Might squeeze in a few extra deadlifts somewhere, haven't decided yet.

Looking forward to the next few weeks especially the Saturdays. Should be interesting to see if I can hit a PR, I'm confident of beating the 132.5kg recent best but whether I can match 145kg is another matter.

Big bench numbers

got a decent 2x8 90kg then 2x6 90kg, kinda just ran out of steam a bit, but really like that volume. Really, really pleased with the . I think my PB for 100 was 4-5, maybe 4 with a spot on the 5th. That was just for one set so really looking forward to pushing multiple sets out with that over the next few months.

DLs Friday I think

Chins/PU tomorrow.

Planning an agility/conditioning session for Saturday now I am semi regularly playing football on a Sunday. Jokingly said I would be the top scorer at the end of the league and I think the top scorer has 5 and I have two, so I actually might try and do it. I was a CB for the majority if my playing days and flippantly threw out I will be the striker and nobody challenged me.

at 90kg is really good. Only problem I see with that sort of volume is that you'll get a bit static. I used to do 4 x 10 at 100 pretty easily but then if I stuck an extra 5 on I could barely move the thing. Will you be mixing things up again after a while?

I've got 4 x 6 to do tomorrow at 100kg with a pause. Not sure how that's going to work out after so long doing singles and doubles. Could be quite tough.

Nice RDL last night up to 150kg for 5. Backed off on the deadlifts as last week was heavy for me. I went up to 150kg for a triple then did 10 singles at 140kg with about a one minute rest between reps. Last week was lighter RDL but heavy deadlift so I'm thinking switch again next week to light RDL up to 120kg then have a shot at 170 or so again on the deadlift. Loving it now I'm getting stronger on the posterior chain stuff.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: February 02, 2018, 04:42:43 PM »

You boys are kicking on nicely, great to see.

I'm happy with 6 @ 80, lol. Hoping to be able to get more than 1 out at 100kg before Xmas.

4 weeks back in, and not missed a session yet, thanks to being able to get my MRI slotted in on rest day.

Managed to make a balls up of that, though. Fell asleep and moved while they were scanning, so had to do it again Cheesy

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: February 02, 2018, 08:01:13 PM »

I'm happy with 6 @ 80, lol. Hoping to be able to get more than 1 out at 100kg before Xmas.

4 weeks back in, and not missed a session yet, thanks to being able to get my MRI slotted in on rest day.

Managed to make a balls up of that, though. Fell asleep and moved while they were scanning, so had to do it again Cheesy

Oi oi, some solid consistency there!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: February 02, 2018, 08:03:16 PM »

@Matt, totally agree volume wise, I am just going on a higher volume stage on everything really, trying to eek out that extra few reps. Once I peak (where I can't add anymore per week and stay in the rep ranges) I will lower the weight and go up again. But no rush for that

DL today,

8x142.5
6x152.5
4x162.5
3x172.5

Liked it all to be fair, just want to sneak a 2.5 per week and see where we get.

OHP 2x5 65, 1x3 65. Gassed a bit on that last set, proper leg shaker trying to stay straight.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: February 03, 2018, 06:22:52 PM »

Good to see you in to a solid routine. If you're doing 6 @ 80kg I can't see a huge problem getting to 100kg by Christmas. Seems a sensible and attainable goal which is really important. No need to set the bar too high with ridiculous numbers that just can't happen or you just set yourself up to fail.

If you think of it as adding a 1.25kg disc each side every month for the next 8 months it sounds pretty straightforward seeing as you're not max'd out at 80kg anyway.

Looking forward to seeing you get there.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: February 03, 2018, 06:36:00 PM »

@Matt, totally agree volume wise, I am just going on a higher volume stage on everything really, trying to eek out that extra few reps. Once I peak (where I can't add anymore per week and stay in the rep ranges) I will lower the weight and go up again. But no rush for that

DL today,

8x142.5
6x152.5
4x162.5
3x172.5

Liked it all to be fair, just want to sneak a 2.5 per week and see where we get.

OHP 2x5 65, 1x3 65. Gassed a bit on that last set, proper leg shaker trying to stay straight.

Love those DL numbers. Want to catch up with you over the next few months so we can both go for 200kg on a test day later in the year.

As soon as I get 150kg on the bar I can't maintain form for more than 2 reps. Anything over that has to be a single for now.

Quality OHP there as well. They seem to have really come on this last few months.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: February 03, 2018, 07:00:43 PM »

Decent start on the bench programme today. I was a bit concerned about hitting 6 reps as I've been doing so much low rep work for the last couple of months but it was easier than expected.

4 x 6 at 100kg all felt good and 3 x 3 @ 110kg with the slingshot again were really solid. They were all paused but some not quite as long as they should've been, that's just because I've not been pausing for ages and it takes a bit of getting used to again. Next week will be better.

Probably did a bit too much accessory work after that lot but what the hell, I've got a right good pump going on now so I'll take it Cheesy

Checked back on previous runs through this programme and last time I did these numbers I ended up with a 140kg PR. Would happily take that but obviously the real goal is to somehow match or beat 145kg for a new PR. Seems a tall order but this programme has worked well in the past so you never know.......

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: February 04, 2018, 12:15:50 AM »

Good to see you in to a solid routine. If you're doing 6 @ 80kg I can't see a huge problem getting to 100kg by Christmas. Seems a sensible and attainable goal which is really important. No need to set the bar too high with ridiculous numbers that just can't happen or you just set yourself up to fail.

If you think of it as adding a 1.25kg disc each side every month for the next 8 months it sounds pretty straightforward seeing as you're not max'd out at 80kg anyway.

Yeah, my mate that trains me said much the same.

I'm just happy that I'm stronger than I was, even though I'm 4 stone lighter, which he wasn't sure would be the case.

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: February 04, 2018, 12:37:53 AM »

Managed 2x5 100kg on the squat rack today. Huge personal milestone for me - never done 3 figures before ever. Not even close to ATG but hopefully it still counts as a squat lol. If all the right places will be aching from tomorrow that's hopefully enough of a sign that I went deep enough for it to count haha
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: February 04, 2018, 02:23:39 PM »

\

I honestly think 6 at 80 is the best achievement by anyone in this thread all things considered. I just cant fathom how you do that. Absolute hero
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: February 04, 2018, 02:25:41 PM »

DL today,

8x142.5
6x152.5
4x162.5
3x172.5

Love those DL numbers. Want to catch up with you over the next few months so we can both go for 200kg on a test day later in the year.

As soon as I get 150kg on the bar I can't maintain form for more than 2 reps. Anything over that has to be a single for now.

Quality OHP there as well. They seem to have really come on this last few months.

It stemmed from when we were at yours. Zoning in on path and keeping the most amount on tension through my shoulders. I am much straighter now than I have ever been, although there was a few lower back ones yesterday which haven't been seen for a while.

DL at the last set for 1-3 arent fantastic technically. A 7 or 8/10. But want better. I will video again next week before I add any extra weight. I don't have any side effects back wise so I am assuming tension is there. Although left hammy felt a little twingey yesterday so much be careful.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: February 04, 2018, 02:28:58 PM »

Yeah, my mate that trains me said much the same.

I'm just happy that I'm stronger than I was, even though I'm 4 stone lighter, which he wasn't sure would be the case.

I think people get way to concerned with weight to strength ratio. It clearly makes a difference. But muscle mass is going to move more than fat mass, and muscle potential is still going to be key. I would take me being absolutely stronger (and I'm definitely not strong for me weight class so to speak) than a random guy that doesn't train at 20 stone.

I think having MS and doing that though is just fuckin incredible.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: February 04, 2018, 02:30:28 PM »

Decent start on the bench programme today. I was a bit concerned about hitting 6 reps as I've been doing so much low rep work for the last couple of months but it was easier than expected.

4 x 6 at 100kg all felt good and 3 x 3 @ 110kg with the slingshot again were really solid. They were all paused but some not quite as long as they should've been, that's just because I've not been pausing for ages and it takes a bit of getting used to again. Next week will be better.

Probably did a bit too much accessory work after that lot but what the hell, I've got a right good pump going on now so I'll take it Cheesy

Checked back on previous runs through this programme and last time I did these numbers I ended up with a 140kg PR. Would happily take that but obviously the real goal is to somehow match or beat 145kg for a new PR. Seems a tall order but this programme has worked well in the past so you never know.......

Nice volume all round there. I hear you with the pause. Sometimes I just completely miss it through skipping a stage and thinking more about the push back up. So mental I can do that. But it does get some getting used to.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: February 04, 2018, 02:31:49 PM »

Managed 2x5 100kg on the squat rack today. Huge personal milestone for me - never done 3 figures before ever. Not even close to ATG but hopefully it still counts as a squat lol. If all the right places will be aching from tomorrow that's hopefully enough of a sign that I went deep enough for it to count haha

Having it on your back for that period is definitely a push forward. I think you can be lenient the first time you do them, an gain confidence and strength over time. Speshly on a round number like that, I think everyone's ego would rather do 100 than 97.5
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: