blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:18:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 536083 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2850 on: May 19, 2018, 08:58:05 PM »

PT has been playing golf in Portugal this week, so no training for me.

Tried to be half sensible with regards to food, and managed to do ok. Just under 210 this morning, and going to aim for a solid 4 weeks before I go.

Got a poker night in 2 weeks, but will limit myself to a few Coronas, and stay off the Vodka/Scotch, so I'm not in bits for 2/3 days after.

Catching me up

Was 208 last week, but should be closing in on <200 again after the weekend.

Really impressive stuff mate.

I'm tempted to have a weigh in but going to leave it until after PR day. I've definitely lost a bit as I'm having to hutch my jeans up quite often and will soon be on hole number 3.

Lifting belt was a bit tight today but that was due to being a bit bloaty so not an issue.

I have been pretty lazy with my cals over the last few weeks, but will drop the carbs, and keep it under 2500 for most days until I go.

I like to weigh in every Friday, as Monday will always give a false reading after the weekend. I fit in all my good clothes again, so I know I'm doing alright.

I'll be a bit bloaty on Monday Grin

You can afford to be lazy 20% of the time when you're good 80% of the time.

It's much more tolerable to diet when you can have a slip and not feel guilty, that's when it becomes more 'life style' than just a short term thing to lose a few pounds but then get fat again.

Are you enjoying your new eating regime?

Yeah, just not having takeaways in the week is the only tweaking I needed to do really. I had 2 months off tracking over xmas, and still only put on about a stone.

I don't enjoy it as much as I did eating chinese and curry 3/4x a week, but it's a good balance trying to get 200g protein, and just fairly sensible with carbs/fat.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: May 22, 2018, 04:46:07 PM »

Pretty good few days. Training and walk both days.

3x5 Lunges 90kg. Really struggling with the control with these. They look fine on video but I know I am not under tension the whole time. So probably drop to 80 and focus on tension. Being lighter has really affected this one.
4x8 Squats 100kg. So incredibly proud of this one. I remember doing 8x2 100kg squats and 1/4 repping.
3x12 DB Bench at 30s, easier than I thought so off we go next week up the rack
Flyes/LPD/Cable Rows

Today

3x5 Rack Rows 80kg really nice tension
4x8 Pull ups/chins
3x6 OH Squat 40kg dropped the weight to focus on tempo
4x10 Leg Press 220, rather tough
3x6 Machine Press
3x10 Smith incline

Find of the week last week was frozen mousse. Properly gutted I haven't found this before. Stick your favourite mousse in the freezer and thank me later.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: May 22, 2018, 09:43:43 PM »

PT rinsed me Saturday.. but was back for more Sunday..

Quick Ghey gym selfie whilst taking a rest after Goblet squat and Hammer curl Emom's.. Looking to cut up more still carrying timber.

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: May 22, 2018, 09:47:53 PM »

Quick Ghey gym selfie whilst taking a rest after Goblet squat and Hammer curl Emom's.. Looking to cut up more still carrying timber.

Best physique in the thread I think
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: May 22, 2018, 09:59:09 PM »

You getting on stage as a birthday present to yourself?

You're jacked to fuck, surely can't go much lower?

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: May 22, 2018, 10:11:26 PM »

Lol...Stop i'm blushing Smiley

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: May 22, 2018, 10:13:59 PM »

Lol... im aiming for a ripped picture for my 50th Birthday in 8 months time..

Theres still timber in the middle.. not sure if a six pack is gonna be possible.. dont think my pizza problems will allow it Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: May 22, 2018, 10:37:28 PM »

So ghey.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: May 22, 2018, 10:42:51 PM »

Solid day on chest today getting the speed bench up to 100kg for 3 x 7. I don't pause these but the speed is really good and there's at least 3 in the tank on each set so I'm really pleased with progress. Stuck at 90kg for the 3 x 7 narrow grip but just did constant tempo again with a few in the tank.

Squats yesterday were pretty good. I'm trying to focus on making sure my quads are activating so I did 3 sec down, 3 sec up and a 2 sec pause for 4 x 4 at 70kg. These were ridiculously difficult but form was spot on and I felt really good with no nasty pains. Going to stick to these for a while to try to drill in some good technique before I step the weight up at all.

Also started using my belt on squats to try to get used to it. I don't need it at such a low weight but if I can used to it I'll be able to keep it on when the weights get a touch heavier and my back needs a bit of help.

Did I mention that Sicilian looks ghey?

Bastard Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:01:23 PM by EvilPie » Logged

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: May 22, 2018, 10:53:51 PM »

Theres still timber in the middle.. not sure if a six pack is gonna be possible.. dont think my pizza problems will allow it Smiley

Doesn't look like there could be too much timber around the middle, lol.

Pizza > Abs anyway!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: May 22, 2018, 10:54:16 PM »

Solid day on chest today getting the speed bench up to 100kg for 3 x 7. I don't pause these but the speed is really good and there's at least 3 in the tank on each set so I'm really pleased with progress. Stuck at 90kg for the 3 x 7 narrow grip but just did constant tempo again with a few in the tank.

Squats yesterday were pretty good. I'm trying to focus on making sure my quads are activating so I did down, up and a two spades pause for 4 x 4 at 70kg. These were ridiculously difficult but form was spot on and I felt really good with no nasty pains. Going to stick to these for a while to try to drill in some good technique before I step the weight up at all.

Also started using my belt on squats to try to get used to it. I don't need it at such a low weight but if I can used to it I'll be able to keep it on when the weights get a touch heavier and my back needs a bit of help.

Did I mention that Sicilian looks ghey?

Bastard Cheesy

Cheesy

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: May 22, 2018, 11:03:22 PM »

So ghey.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: May 22, 2018, 11:03:56 PM »

Pizza > Abs anyway!

Lol ur not wrong..

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: May 22, 2018, 11:07:29 PM »

Pizza > Abs anyway!

Beer and curry for me but whatever the food issue there's no way I'd do what Dean does to get where he's at. That training routine looks ridiculous and it's something I could never do. If I got back in to fighting I may have a chance as that was a real calorie burner but those circuits just aren't for me, takes some stamina to do that shit.

Awesome work.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: May 22, 2018, 11:20:46 PM »

Appreciated Mr Evil..  I won’t lie the intensity is a bit over the top but I genuinely enjoy it.... it’s the same on the flip side .. I’m pretty strong but don’t think I’d come close to moving some of the metal you boys shift.. I think the most important thing is remaining motivated and i think this thread also helps quite a few silent  lurkers to achieve as well as the regs.. you boys inspire me as well.. I mean I’d never know what a RDL was if it wasn’t for this thread  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: