blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:15:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 533793 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: June 08, 2018, 05:12:02 PM »

Got in 4 this week, and still 207 this morning, which isn't bad, considering I ate my weight in BBQ & Indian last weekend Grin

Be nice if I could hit 205 next week, but I've been mailing it in on the diet for the last few weeks, and my mind is already at Pizza Rock...

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: June 08, 2018, 08:04:34 PM »

Been good the last few weeks, no major jumps. Just the 1.25s here and there. Bench yesterday was annoying, but other than that it was a pretty successful few weeks.

Down to 187 which is exactly 85. Still want to eek out a few KGs and I know I have the fat to lose. But starting to lean out nicely. I get the feeling June and July are going to be some tough training months with KCALs low. 3x3 DLs at 170 today and did feel tough. But we move forward.

Food going well in the week, keeping it pretty low, around 1800-2000 with 200g protein. Weekends are a little more flarey but we are still in a deficit so happy.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: June 08, 2018, 10:32:59 PM »

Nice one, good going.

Lad who trains me is getting ready for a show, after the gym owner talked him into it, and it's a couple weeks after my holiday is over.

Thinking I'll swerve training for a few weeks when I get back, because he's going to be grouchy as fuck in the last couple weeks of prep Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: June 11, 2018, 11:08:36 AM »

Back to the bench grind after missing last weeks PR attempt.

New programme is 4 x 3 at about 80%, 3 x 1 at around 90% and then 2 x 2 slingshot at 90%

I went a little bit lighter this week as I'm feeling a bit beaten up so it was 110kg for the triples and 120kg for the singles and slingshot doubles.

Hopefully creep those numbers up over the next few weeks and see how we go.

I go away in about 5 weeks so planning on sticking to the low calories until then. Once I get back I'll stack up the calories hugely and aim for a PR attempt again after another four weeks. Gives a total programme of about ten weeks to try for that 145 again.....

Could really do with hitting it soon before it becomes a mental sticking point. Here we go again.......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: June 11, 2018, 12:33:31 PM »

Trying to get the timber shed for the summer.. made a mistake of doing a half murph after HiiT running sprints and heavy squats.. legs were shot to pieces

PT last few weeks been getting me to do overhead squats ( has started working them into a circuit too..Bastard ).. only doing 40kg..weight feels no problem and pretty solid in technique.. but front hip joints have been acheing.. age might be a factor with these puppies..not sure

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: June 11, 2018, 12:33:49 PM »

Have a business expansion programme under way and im having to forfeit a workout in the week ( have missedsummer in Vegas too for the first time in years ) as so busy .. its weird as I have a similar feeling to when i starting training hard aroud 20 years ago, that if i missed a session i would get edgy and annoyed.. was a an odd sensation akin i suppose an addict missing a fix .. actually very disconcerting.

Anyone else get like this ?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: June 14, 2018, 09:11:07 PM »

Have a business expansion programme under way and im having to forfeit a workout in the week ( have missedsummer in Vegas too for the first time in years ) as so busy .. its weird as I have a similar feeling to when i starting training hard aroud 20 years ago, that if i missed a session i would get edgy and annoyed.. was a an odd sensation akin i suppose an addict missing a fix .. actually very disconcerting.

I normally love a week off when I am on holiday, but if I am at home and I have a week off, unless I am very busy I feel so lost. Luckily I am in a good place right now, where I love training, but 4 a week is more than enough. I don't feel the pressure to get in everyday, yet enjoy going if that makes sense.

I do notice my sleep starts to suck if I take 3-4 days off in a row though.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: June 14, 2018, 09:14:18 PM »

No major updates my end. Just ticking over. Back a bit stiff this week, so dropped the walking but still hitting four.

Feel weirdly in control of hunger and food right now. Focusing on the most amount of food volume for lowest KCALs I think I got 3.6kg of food for 1800/1900 the other day. A lot of stir fry veg was consumed.

My average meal (3 a day, a shake and a strawberry based snack at night is the current split with another meal if I do feel hungry) is about 600-800g of food, for 50g protein and less than 500KCAL.

Really enjoying trying to fit the most amount of volume for the least KCAL, and it gives me some wiggle room for weekends too.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: June 15, 2018, 11:44:05 AM »

Most of my days off are injury related so I just have to accept it. If I miss a week day session it pains me quite a lot, even changing my Wednesday rest day to Thursday on the odd occasion bothers me somewhat.

Can't deal with missing a Saturday without a really good reason so it just won't happen. I won't even go out on a Friday anymore as it screws with Saturday. Love it too much.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: June 15, 2018, 12:02:35 PM »

Still training and been a bit on and off last few months.  Did a PD deadlift yesterday of 185kg one rep (reckon i could have done another one at a struggle) just wanted to post.  Will do a full update over weekend hopefully.

Got a video of the lift but no idea how to post it!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:04:57 PM by arbboy » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: June 15, 2018, 03:07:25 PM »

Still training and been a bit on and off last few months.  Did a PD deadlift yesterday of 185kg one rep (reckon i could have done another one at a struggle) just wanted to post.  Will do a full update over weekend hopefully.

Can you stick it on youtube and send us the link?

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: June 15, 2018, 04:15:42 PM »

How you guys feel about your trainers.. do you use the same pair for everything or seperate ones dependant..

Iv'e always had issues with running shoes.. but found a pair of Skechers ( of all makes ) that are perfect in feel comfort and support..so much so i bought a second pair that sit brand new in my wardrobe for when the first pair meet their end .. i also have a pair of Nike I use for normal training and spinning.. just got some Nike ones specific for metcon including squatting with a supported and raised heel designed for metcon/circuit type stuff.. and then two pairs of leisure Nike's..

Maybe I just have a trainer shopping addiction Smiley

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: June 15, 2018, 04:31:47 PM »

Can you stick it on youtube and send us the link?

I can send it to your phone if you whats app me.  Pm me your number.  If i haven't got a clue how to stick it on here i got even less chance of sticking it on you tube.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:44:51 PM by arbboy » Logged
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: June 15, 2018, 04:48:26 PM »

How you guys feel about your trainers.. do you use the same pair for everything or seperate ones dependant..

Iv'e always had issues with running shoes.. but found a pair of Skechers ( of all makes ) that are perfect in feel comfort and support..so much so i bought a second pair that sit brand new in my wardrobe for when the first pair meet their end .. i also have a pair of Nike I use for normal training and spinning.. just got some Nike ones specific for metcon including squatting with a supported and raised heel designed for metcon/circuit type stuff.. and then two pairs of leisure Nike's..

Maybe I just have a trainer shopping addiction Smiley

I am quite anti trainers, I dont use them for any main lifts and make most people at work take them off. I use lifting shoes for squats/lunges/OHP barefoot for DLs/RDLs/Lunges and then either barefoot or trainers for machines.

However I do have a trainer addiction, I have about 15 pairs. But for actual training very picky as I need to be able to create as much tension as I can on the bigger movements and that just doesn't happen in trainers for me.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: June 15, 2018, 04:48:39 PM »

Big lift
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: