blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:59:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535947 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: July 01, 2018, 12:28:54 AM »

Glad all going so well, Matt.

You'll be off punishing the liver, just as mine will be getting one of it's nice long reprieves.

Has to be said, I've only been drunk twice in 2 weeks, and haven't eaten anywhere near as badly as I usually do out here.

I've even been to the gym 4x since I arrived, which is a first time in 11 trips Cheesy

Dinner with the parents tonight, before I head to the Aria/Cosmo, and the last couple weeks of the trip.

No plans for when I get back, other than probably take the last 2 weeks of July off, and then get back to the gym.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: July 04, 2018, 12:14:21 AM »

Chest update.  Got the 40kg dumbells out yesterday for the first time in modern history this century and did 2 reps upspotted flat bench and same for 36kg incline.  Couple more with a spot were very tough.  Virtually given up on barbell benching as i am so shit at it.  Sticking to dumbbells for now and hoping to get close to the 50kg's by xmas.

Been training at David Lloyd in Nottingham last two weeks in a decent gym and had a spin on an old fashioned leg press the other day as well.  Loading up the plates on it.   I genuinely can't remember what i used to do on this 20 years ago but i banged out 4 reps quite easy with 350kg in plates on the machine.  No idea if that is strong or not tbh.  Going to try 400kg this week for a couple of reps.

Had a second spin on this leg press machine today and decided to bang out 2 reps at 450kg instead of 400kg!  One of the personal trainers came over and said 'fuck me we don't get many doing that in here'.  Only problem is my gut is so big still i can't get a full deep rep given the angle you sit at in the seat to leg press.   Deadlifted 195kg for 1 rep as well.  Power Clean 75kg for a couple of reps as well which i am really struggling to improve on.  Feel like i am stuck at 75kg.  Stiff legged deadlifts for 100kg for 5 deep reps as well.  Could have done more but really struggle with grip on these might need to use straps next time. Hamstrings have never felt stronger for years.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:17:51 AM by arbboy » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: July 04, 2018, 12:15:12 PM »

Chest update.  Got the 40kg dumbells out yesterday for the first time in modern history this century and did 2 reps upspotted flat bench and same for 36kg incline.  Couple more with a spot were very tough.  Virtually given up on barbell benching as i am so shit at it.  Sticking to dumbbells for now and hoping to get close to the 50kg's by xmas.

Been training at David Lloyd in Nottingham last two weeks in a decent gym and had a spin on an old fashioned leg press the other day as well.  Loading up the plates on it.   I genuinely can't remember what i used to do on this 20 years ago but i banged out 4 reps quite easy with 350kg in plates on the machine.  No idea if that is strong or not tbh.  Going to try 400kg this week for a couple of reps.

Had a second spin on this leg press machine today and decided to bang out 2 reps at 450kg instead of 400kg!  One of the personal trainers came over and said 'fuck me we don't get many doing that in here'.  Only problem is my gut is so big still i can't get a full deep rep given the angle you sit at in the seat to leg press.   Deadlifted 195kg for 1 rep as well.  Power Clean 75kg for a couple of reps as well which i am really struggling to improve on.  Feel like i am stuck at 75kg.  Stiff legged deadlifts for 100kg for 5 deep reps as well.  Could have done more but really struggle with grip on these might need to use straps next time. Hamstrings have never felt stronger for years.

Good numbers mate especially that deadlift. Looks like 227kg for the lovely 500lb could be on the cards. Would be 5 plates as well which always looks nice on the bar.

I'd avoid straps if I were you unless you really need them. If you're failing reps due to your grip then on with the straps but otherwise you're working your grip so it's best to let it improve if you can.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: July 04, 2018, 12:16:53 PM »

Good numbers mate especially that deadlift. Looks like 227kg for the lovely 500lb could be on the cards. Would be 5 plates as well which always looks nice on the bar.

I'd avoid straps if I were you unless you really need them. If you're failing reps due to your grip then on with the straps but otherwise you're working your grip so it's best to let it improve if you can.

Yeah some mental numbers there!

I have to use straps at some point, but I do try to go as long as I can without. My grip has been pretty poor the last few months.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: July 05, 2018, 08:56:57 PM »

Had the 40kg dumbbells out today for 3 reps on flat bench and 36kgs for same on incline.  Modern day 21st century PB's!  Totally scrapping barbell benching for a while just to focus on dumbbells. 

Nice to get some 20kg plates on the EZ bar for 6 bicep curl reps.  Been a while since i did that as well.  Always looks sick bicep curling with 20kg plates on each side of the bar.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: July 06, 2018, 04:33:31 PM »

Some solid numbers from Arb.

Had a terrible 'connection' this week. Felt my skill was really low, but got through and enjoyed it as much as possible. Food tightened up a bit, and some good steps. Weighed in at 81 last Saturday, and a lot leaner/bigger than I was this time two years ago at 81, but just like last time, thought it would be sightly more shredded. An ab vein popped out to say hi though so I guess its a little win. Makes the strength numbers look a little better too.

Fully plan on trying to get as lean as possible for the rest of this month, and depending if a holiday is booked for Sept, possibly for August too.

Cannot wait for the football tomorrow, its a good and thing having the kick off at 3, I am really cutting out on all beer/cider at the min. Most I am trying to have is 1 Guinness a weekend then vodka, soda lime. So not entirely sure how tomorrow will unfold as we plan on getting to the place at 12.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: July 07, 2018, 04:18:22 PM »

Finally moved in to my house on Monday so I had a couple of days off to sort a few bits out.

Decent training this week albeit just the 3 days.

I've got my squats back up to 100kg although I'm only doing singles. They feel good so I'm going to keep plugging away trying to add a bit here and there.

Bench today was good. Triples up to 117.5kg, couple of singles at 130kg moved well and slingshot doubles at 130kg with a really long pause again felt great.

I go away on Thursday so no bench next week. The plan is to put a bit of weight on when I get back and also do a bit of a programme leading to a PR attempt in about 5 weeks but will have to see how that goes. I'm quite enjoying bit a bit slimmer so might just accept being a bit weaker instead of banging on a few lbs just trying to add a bit to my max.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: July 09, 2018, 10:53:09 PM »

I seem to have been struggling a bit with OHP the last few weeks but tonight felt loads better. Managed to get triples up to 70kg although the very last one was really slow. Pleased to be back at 70kg though.

Pull ups are going okay, I had to take a break from them the other week as my arm was starting to hurt but tonight I used straps and it really helped. I don't like using straps for pull ups one bit and would never recommend it but if it means I can do them pain free and without causing injury then I'll definitely stick to it.

Holiday on Thursday so I'll have a little weigh in on Wednesday to see how the diet phase has gone. My plan was to pile a load of calories in after I get back but I'm enjoying almost having visible abs so might stick to it. I'd say I'm about 5kg off some real definition so I might have to sacrifice that bit of strength. See how I feel when I get back.

How's everyone else doing?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: July 09, 2018, 10:57:54 PM »

Did Chest today and went back to the barbell pressing first before dumbells.  Managed to do 6 reps unspotted with 85kg flat and 75kg incline.  Then moved to dumbbells and got nowhere near what i did last week.  So frustrating chest is.   Cant wait to do 1 rep with 100kg on flat barbell bench.  That's the goal by xmas.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:24:56 PM by arbboy » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: July 10, 2018, 09:32:08 AM »

Did Chest today and went back to the barbell pressing first before dumbells.  Managed to do 6 reps unspotted with 85kg flat and 75kg incline.  Then moved to dumbbells and got nowhere near what i did last week.  So frustrating chest is.   Cant wait to do 1 rep with 100kg on flat barbell bench.  That's the goal by xmas.

6 reps at 85kg should just about equate to a 100kg single I'd have thought.

Would you be happy to give it a go now if you had a spotter there just in case?

I keep saying it but we really need to sort this meet up. I reckon we can get you on two plates easy enough with a bit of motivation.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: July 13, 2018, 07:32:46 PM »

Pretty standard week training from me, can't imagine I will have anything majorly groundbreaking to post for the next few months. Down to just 80.9kg this week. So just trying to hold onto as much strength as I can. Squatting becoming very tough, I was doing a variation everyday, but down to 3 days a week and no heavy day at the minute. So speed squats, fronts and OH squats.

Genuinely no idea how light I will end up.

In for a training session, although over the summer weekends are tough for me. Not sure I could contribute to much to the strength side but would love a get together.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: July 13, 2018, 07:33:01 PM »

6 reps at 85kg should just about equate to a 100kg single I'd have thought.

Would you be happy to give it a go now if you had a spotter there just in case?

I keep saying it but we really need to sort this meet up. I reckon we can get you on two plates easy enough with a bit of motivation.

This, but also confidence etc key.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: July 13, 2018, 07:33:19 PM »

I seem to have been struggling a bit with OHP the last few weeks but tonight felt loads better. Managed to get triples up to 70kg although the very last one was really slow. Pleased to be back at 70kg though.

Pull ups are going okay, I had to take a break from them the other week as my arm was starting to hurt but tonight I used straps and it really helped. I don't like using straps for pull ups one bit and would never recommend it but if it means I can do them pain free and without causing injury then I'll definitely stick to it.

Holiday on Thursday so I'll have a little weigh in on Wednesday to see how the diet phase has gone. My plan was to pile a load of calories in after I get back but I'm enjoying almost having visible abs so might stick to it. I'd say I'm about 5kg off some real definition so I might have to sacrifice that bit of strength. See how I feel when I get back.

How's everyone else doing?

Lovely bit of OHP there
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: July 13, 2018, 07:34:37 PM »

Had the 40kg dumbbells out today for 3 reps on flat bench and 36kgs for same on incline.  Modern day 21st century PB's!  Totally scrapping barbell benching for a while just to focus on dumbbells. 

Nice to get some 20kg plates on the EZ bar for 6 bicep curl reps.  Been a while since i did that as well.  Always looks sick bicep curling with 20kg plates on each side of the bar.

That one made me laugh more than it should. Good numbers tho.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: July 13, 2018, 07:35:09 PM »

Finally moved in to my house on Monday so I had a couple of days off to sort a few bits out.

Decent training this week albeit just the 3 days.

I've got my squats back up to 100kg although I'm only doing singles. They feel good so I'm going to keep plugging away trying to add a bit here and there.

Bench today was good. Triples up to 117.5kg, couple of singles at 130kg moved well and slingshot doubles at 130kg with a really long pause again felt great.

I go away on Thursday so no bench next week. The plan is to put a bit of weight on when I get back and also do a bit of a programme leading to a PR attempt in about 5 weeks but will have to see how that goes. I'm quite enjoying bit a bit slimmer so might just accept being a bit weaker instead of banging on a few lbs just trying to add a bit to my max.

Whats current BW?
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: